Is there any historical reason to why British """""cuisine""""" is so boring and terrible compared to its neighbors?

Is there any historical reason to why British """""cuisine""""" is so boring and terrible compared to its neighbors?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargazy_pie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What makes french or german commoner food any better?

Rationing in WW2 and chavs. Traditional British cuisine can be quite delicious.

My best friend is a Portuguese/Anglo British national who somehow hates fish.

It's fucking bizzare.

Being stranded on an island leaves very little options.

Relative lack of scarcity means realtively little inspiration.

Plus, the aristocracy until the 1400s was French and even after then still held French culture in very high regard. As such noble cuisine was French largely.

it's not that bad, please keep /int/ on /int/

Don't you mean Veeky Forums?

>France
Butter
>German
Beer

Veeky Forums only ever talks about fast food, /int/ is unironically more educated on foreign cuisines

British cask ale is god tier beer.

The "British food is terrible!" maymay surfaces in WW2 and it's aftermath when everything was rationed to fuck or simply unavailable.

Doesn't make up for "amazing culinary progress" like blood sausage ice cream.

t. bong

>it looks squicky!
>EEEEWWWWWWW GROSS!!!!!

Of course /int/ is probably the board who attract most non american on this site.

>implying full English isn't a god tier breakfast

Continental plebs

>england
>an island

>britain
>not the site of several major migrations
>who were the celts
>who were the anglo-saxons
>who were the vikings

>britain
>not a bigger and more populous island than eire which is ok apparently

>being an island means you're isolated
>implying people don't regularly swim to france

feels great being a bong

don't take the b8, it just encourages them

Ordinary Englishman was always much wealthier than his French counterpart. Meat was found in even poor people's dinner table. In France where there was always lack of proper ingredients, people learned to be creative.

if you want to talk about bad """""cuisine""""" then talk about Scandinavian """""""food""""""" like fermented rotting fish and shark meat they have to cure so they dont get ammonia poisoning eating it

So what you're saying is that continentals were like the European stereotype of innovation through hardship, while the UK was more like African stagnation and isolation

Hmm

Reminder that this abomination is actually a real food in Britain

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargazy_pie

Once again

>EEEEEWWWWWW GROSS!!!!
>taste it?! But it's squicky!!!!!!

And what exactly is wrong with it?

Everything

Why?

Why do people shit on British food when it's literally not that bad at all?

It has fucking fish heads sticking out of the pie.

And?

Litterally an experiment to find the cheapest possible sandwich.

A recipe for making it is included in the 1861 Book of Household Management by Isabella Beeton

It's a Germanic thing

Originally yeah, then abandoned for 150 years and brought back for the experiment.

The appearance of the dish is also an important part in cuisine

It's boring as fuck and bland. No flavor or season.

>No flavor or season
t.nigger

Britain is a nordic country and nordics have shit food, France is a Latin country and they have good food.

Maybe if you're a fucking faggot

as a former neet who literally survived on ramen noodles and leftover cocoa powders in cupboards all week I say that OP image is pretty delish

It looks like Satan's breakfast. Probably smells like it too.

>German food critic and author Wolfgang Fassbender wrote that "the biggest challenge when eating surströmming is to vomit only after the first bite, as opposed to before".

>even the Germans think its shit

it acctually tastes legit your just a fucking pussy ass faggot, I bet you won't eat escargot or Pasta al nero di seppia.

>bangers and mash and beans
How the fuck is this not the best fucking meal in the world? Granted, there's no gravy, but other than that it's pretty fucking superb.

continentals think you need to dump a metric shit ton of herbs on food or its shit.

Food thread?

I think pic related is English and I think it would be delicious.

That is a full English breakfast and you have patrician taste in food

brit here

the real reason is that the french started all this cooking nonsense and the british fashion was to do the opposite of what the french were doing

so while the french were using sauces and using cooking techniques we were dumping a ton of expensive spices on roasts and calling it a day

No, you just have to either work in a sit down establishment called a restaurant or be affluent. Obviously you are neither

Explain what's wrong with the meal in your pic

I'm waiting

What, no fish and chips?

I'm disappointed.

for you, user

>Disgusting below poor people sausage
>eggs over easy because brits can't even scramble them well
>literally just beans and shrooms nothing added to them because that takes effort
>toast
Wow so good. So much better than Mexican breakfasts

He isn't wrong. Brits think black pepper is spicy.

>he cant enjoy the godly simplistic goodness of pork, beans, toast, tomato a few hash browns,some black pudding, mushrooms and a fried egg.

I was going to call you a faggot, but I just pity you.

As a brit, also this. I've had people acctually cry after tasting some of the spicy dishes I can eat unfazed, the majority of Brits cant handle the heat.

Treachery is the spice of their life, nothing else can compare so why even bother

It ain't all bad. Bongs made some pretty good food.

WTF, I hate England now.

Well, Black(and I guess Asian based on that random pic related) people have some great food if it's the direct opposite of whatever British people make. Hell, I'd prefer spicy Indian food, it least it has flavor. It's not even all of Europe, Italian food is great. It's just you faggot. Face it, you all can't cook.

I guess you just don't know what you've been missing until you try better things, user.

Just stop it. Your sucks, deal,with it. It's not like Britbongs fail at everything...you just suck at food.

It's an abomination unto God.

a square plate doesn't make it any more fancy

English breakfast and fish n' chips are amazing. The rest is pretty meh.

>traditionally eaten during the festival of Tom Bawcock's Eve

eh thats tomorrow. what a coincidence.

I'm a brit and I'm inclined to agree, but plenty of other Europoor countries aren't much better.

I'd say Germany is good with the 'raw materials' as sausages and general meats, but not when it comes to actually making a meal with them. Italians are good with cuisine.

Find me a single shop that sells a Toast sandwhich, i mean for fucks sake we don't have very good food, but you could at least go for shit that people actually eat, like a chip butty or something.

Meant for

How is that boring or terrible you little shit? Beans, sausage and mash are nice.

>Toast sandwhich

Because high end food is created through royal kitchens, the french had a very long monarch with a well established kitchen, therefore advanced cuisine was made through those kitchens, french cuisine is not "ez stuff" like steak a sasuage and eggs. French breakfast, omelettes, which is hard to make right, eggs benedict, literally a egg cracked into boiling water and cooked, cant remember the style but yeah.
And everything grows inside of france, theres nothing you cant find.
Largest cuisines in the world are french, turkish/ottoman, chinese because of the royal kitchens. I know the ottoman kitchen would feed thousands of people everyday for example.
The french really made science out of cooking, theres legit theory behind their cooking, and its real fucking hard if you dont understand the theory behind.
A peking duck(???) is a good example of that, you seperate skin from body, boil the skin, dry it, melt the fat etc, its a long procedure.

>we don't have very good food

t. Mohhamad. Britain has the best food, foreigners is just jelous because most of them are starving.

Dipshit i'm a catholic englishman, i would fucking know.

Dipshit, I'm a protestant englishmen and I know we have good food. They're just fucking mad that most great chefs are English. Pork scratchings, black pudding, hashbrowns, Irish sausages, its all great, their tastebuds are too uncivilized for it and "le spicy" meme is just retarded Kangz and Poos trying to make up for the fact that they have nothing to eat. Vindaloo and Madrases were MADE IN BRITAIN, you can't go to the middle east and order them. So saying British can't eat spicy food is a retarded meme.

This also applies to South America. Both Mexican and Peruvian cuisines are by far the best, and they represent the two traditional 16th century viceroyalties set by the Spaniards

t. Chilean

>inb4 "Virreinato" de "Nueva" "Granada", "Río" de la "Plata"

The great english chefs are thaught in french cuisine and are cooking french food.
Gordon Ramsay cooks french
Jamie oliver cooks italian mostly but is also taught in french.
Theres a few more all taught in classic french

Yeah but its British food really. Its been absorbed. Most of our words come from French, but we don't call it french.

Protestantism, enjoying things is bad for your soul apparently so they boiled down everything until it loses any taste

How can it be "british food really" it either is or isnt. And I know for a fact that those chefs cook french food, they say it themselves, they all started in french kitchens. Brits literally ate shit until some french guys opened restaurants in england, in the 60s/70s and gained huge popularity because people could afford it.
Fine dining is a special culture which very few cultures in the world have I would say. Mediterranian and french perhaps, france italy mainly. If not only... And they export fine dining as a concept.
European luxury is a great export, asians love european luxury, its high status there.
Or central europe luxury

>Brits literally ate shit until some french guys opened restaurants in england, in the 60s/70s and gained huge popularity because people could afford it.

Absolute bollocks. Do you seriopusly believe one of the countries in the world at the time, known for its high culture, ate fucking shit food?

It does to This fucking day.
Part of the reason You rosbeefs are so fucking fat.

British food being terrible is a meme

I have seen hell and I fear it

no

Australia has the best cuisine.

I don't even think I can name anything other than meat pastries and pavlova and I don't even think we made them.

>opinion

ayy

are any of those people known for their cuisine tho

>celts
sheep parts
>anglo-saxons
goat parts
>vikings
fish parts

you people are stupid af.

nobody here knows the history of fine cuisine. It's because of the french revolution that we get innovation and variety. After the nobles were ousted/killed their cookstaff was free to set up restaurant in the name of free enterprise. Hence why all good european food comes from france.

Nothing. Fish heads require some picking to get at the good parts, but cheeks are delish.

>eeeewwwwww, my animal flesh had a head?!?!!? GEEEE-ROSSSSSS!!

Herbs and shit are pretty good, not gonna lie.

>eating more than one type of processed meat in a sitting, let alone a day.
Enjoy your colon cancer and heart disease.

Germany (+Austria) makes God-tier desserts, in my opinion.

I'm anglo, but dessert after a festive meal at my (German) girlfriends's parents house... it's fucking insane. Diabetics need not apply.

Otherwise I tend to agree. 'Traditional' Germanic fare is pretty basic. It's often just simple meat and potatoes (or some other starch) kind of stuff. That said, Germans really do place a large emphasis on quality (unless they're poorfag Unterschicht), so you're not going to find a lot of processed scrap meat passing as 'fine' quality here, like you do in the US or Britain. In Germany, hosed-off spinal meat mush purée formed into logs are not anyone's idea of good eatin'. Anglos literally gobble it up like the best thing ever, though.

For what it's worth, I think 'mediterranean' cuisines are generally best. Plenty of veggies, plant oils, and when you get meat (seafood, pork or fowl, mostly), it's quality stuff.

Vindaloo is Portuguese, you cuntnugget.

please shut up and die, adults are talking.

>nobody else in the world has ever experienced rationing

Pseudoscience

>hating fish pie

Fucking continentals.

>Black people have some great food
Kek. I travel to Africa a lot and this is complete bullshit

Kill yourself you fuck.