Enrolled in History courses for university

>Enrolled in History courses for university
>Free education (Sweden)
>But the books cost approx. $512
>One of them alone costs nearly 200$.

I want to perish. Just let me write essays about ancient greece and/or Rome in peace without the knowledge that I need to spend a gorillion moneys on books alone.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/History-World-Societies-Combined/dp/145765993X/ref=pd_sbs_14_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C3Z2CNMMZ7JQ7VW2DRD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't you just pirate them you cuck

kewl

Now imagine paying $300 for books on top of a $100k student loan so your uni can pay the college football coach a million dollar a year salary.

If your football coach is making a million or more then chances are the football program is bringing more money to the university than it's taking out. They're certainly not subsidized by your shitty tuition.

I'm probably going to pirate most of them, and buy the nearly 200$ one except very, very cheap from another country.

amazon.com/History-World-Societies-Combined/dp/145765993X/ref=pd_sbs_14_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C3Z2CNMMZ7JQ7VW2DRD4

This is the book, although much more expensive over here.

Fuck off Cletus.

Can't you just borrow them at your university library? If you can't you could also try to find somebody who sell them.

Stay mad virgin egghead. What I said is 100% correct.

UT football program generates a profit of 92 million dollars annually. Michigan around 56 million, Ohio State 50, Alabama 46.

You aren't subsidizing them, if anything they are subsidizing you.

My tuition shouldn't be paying for 80 IQ apes to have a full ride to chase a ball around.

Again, kill yourself cletus.

>buy a copier
>check books out from library
>copy them

That's what we do here in Mexico. That or find unscrupulous copy stores, which are essentially all of them.

Your tuition isn't paying for them you beta cuck. They pay for themselves and they're bringing a shitload of money to the school. Is this so hard to comprehend even if raw numbers are laid out to you?

Not to mention you're probably a humanities student so by default you're a bigger social parasite than anyone else at the university other than perhaps your teachers.

Kill yourself cletus fuck you and your 75 IQ sport you're disgusting.

>muh cletus
I'm from Chicago you subhuman. Where are you from?

Man I wish $512 was all I needed to pay for university, consider yourself lucky user.

Fuck you cletus fuck you and fuck your useless sport if you want to go to a school that revolves around making a profit off unemployable 75 IQ regards go to devry

Answer the question you hillbilly pseudo-intellectual.

>calling someone from Chicago Cletus

You're not very smart are you?

I'm from alabama you and your retarded hick friends make education budgets revolve around muh football starting in middle school you're scum I hope you die in a car fire

Pls calm down, Veeky Forumstorians. This is not suitable behaviour for scientists such as ourselves.

>from Alabama
>calling anyone a hick

Top lel ladm8.

And if you actually had to take out a 100k student loan for some humanities crap, the only 80 IQ retard in here is you.

Where did I say I was majoring in humanities?

All those tackles on the gridiron are already turning your dsytrophied brain into water, Cletus.

Don't you have a cousin to fuck you retarded swamp coon?

There's something like ten major universities in America whose athletic departments do not require tax subsidies or support from students' tuitions to stay afloat (actually, ten is generous -- the last time I read the figure for that it was closer to five). Large football/basketball/baseball programs generate a lot of revenue, but they also TAKE a lot of revenue to function; maintaining a large, competitive athletic program sucks up a lot of money. Tens of millions of dollars. Sometimes the revenue flows both directions, in different ways (the athletic dept may make donations to the academic side but also receive financial support in turn), but in general, college athletic programs are net takers, not net givers, whether they mainly 'take' in the form of tax dollars or student tuition/fees.

The avg salary for a football coach at a major college is upwards of $1.5 million. And as I said, only a handful of major schools turn a profit.

I'm not personally sour, I went to one of the few schools with an athletic dept that DID turn a profit, but claiming that's the case for most schools that can afford to pay their football coaches >$1 million is flatly wrong. I'm glad that was the case for YOUR school, but it isn't, in general.

Sick burn Cletus.

Back to going to class on a full ride because you can chase a ball around while barely maintaining a 2.0 as an english lit major.

Look on the bright side once you fail to make the draft in the NFL you'll get a job pumping gasoline for eight dollars an hour to pay the doctor bills for your early onset Parkinson's from all those hits you took to the head chasing a ball.

Football =/= all athletics department. Shit like wrestling, archery and women's water polo doesn't generate any profit whatsoever.

I don't play football at all, Fat Man.

while I think huge salaries for college football coaches are ridiculous, the football departments are making money for the university

If sports generate so many profits for the school why is tuition so high?

Really marinates your meats, doesn't it?

Use the Library bro.

Because you have bullshit positions like "chief of diversity" who cost 200k a year.

But the biggest reason is because rather then the government fixing their education system. They'd rather hand that off to universities via easy loans. Which has let them gain to much of a monopoly over education which allows them to charge what they want.

Even European schools are suffering from this, it's just easier for them to ignore because they don't think it affects them as much when it does.

What's your point? Football programs are the most likely of any college sports program to make money, yes, but most of the money they make goes towards funding the rest of the athletics department. UT, as you mentioned, has one of the most profitable football programs in the country, and even they really aren't able to send all that much money to the academic side, because most of that money gets sucked up by the rest of the other sports programs and so on (It's also worth noting that a lot of the money they DO send over to the academic side ends up in the form of athletic scholarships).

I probably should have quoted this post too:
I'm not just talking about football programs, I'm talking about student athletics in general, and in particular responding to this
>You aren't subsidizing them, if anything they are subsidizing you.
which isn't true at all.

That said, few college football programs turn a profit -- less than 20% of FBS football programs manage to break even at all. Most of them are revenue takers, too.

It's like education system in America just wants to milk the most possible money out of goyim or something.

I pirated nearly every book throughout college. First I have pay to take irrelevant classes, then I have to pay 300 bucks the book (which I can't sell back because it's already been replaced for next semester). Fuck you.

>paying for books

Is this some kind of joke?

lol you seem retarded

Cant you just find classmate who has the book and copy it?

Literally my first thought. We live in an age where you can download most books in a few seconds for free and these fucktards are unironically shelling out 500 bucks per book.

Because free market and capitalism, do you have a problem with that commie?

Sometimes they can't be found since "new editions" are being churned out every couple months.

Where to DL college books?

Better dead then red brother.

This user basically has it. The two biggest reasons for tuition price increases are administration bloat (average college administration has grown 221% since the 80s) and our decision that everyone needs to go to college, so everyone needs to get a loan. If we stopped letting people who can't pay for it pay for it, prices would drop. Literally the same thing as the housing bubble.

>borrow them (library, other peple)
>Pirate them
>if you're that poor ask for a scholarship
How are you even in university if you can't figure this out?

>average college administration has grown 221% since the 80s)
uh huh

And how much has enrollment increased?

More secretaries and office drones at universities isn't the sole reason tuition has skyrocketed.

>swedish education
>black woman on cover

It's Sweden alright.