Defend inheritance tax

Defend inheritance tax
protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_in_the_Twenty-First_Century#Criticism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t. Barron Trump

Defend value added tax.
It arguably hurts everyone, especially the poor.

One time in NationStates, I had a prompt to remove inheritance tax and I decided to go for it.

The next day, I got a message that the government had collapsed and the parliament was being assaulted by motorcycle gangs.

It turns out that inheritance tax was literally the only tax I hadn't eliminated, and cutting it was the final straw that pushed the country into anarchy.

That's the defense for VAT. Everyone has skin in the game.

Rather than the fucking 47% ALWAYS voting for bond measures and taxes that they don't fucking pay into.

Taxes are immoral, you force other people to give you money ergo you initiate force against them.

>suck trump's dick for secretary of state
>even swallow
>he nominates some t. rex faggot instead

Sorry, Mitt.

Inheritance tax is literal retardation because it's effectively double taxation. You inherit something which counts as income and you pay BOTH income tax and an inheritance tax out of it. In what world is this logical?

He's got his binders full of women to console him.

Trump's a motherfucker, man. I remember when he bought this yacht from some Japanese guy in the 80's, maybe, and during escrow told the guy to knock $10 million off the price tag or Trump would name the yacht after the guy's dead daughter.

Dude's got brass balls.

Hopefully it will go away for a while, and people will get used to the idea that their loved ones dying is not a taxable event.

Yes, it is just Marxist redistribution of wealth enforced by men with guns. Gold star for you.

Your government's only tax was the inheritance tax?

So your government only made money when it's citizens died?

You didn't think that system might be bugged by some undesirable incentives?

never mind that, property tax is even worse
>paying rent to the state
sмн

if I were rich I wouldn't like it

But I'm not. So right now I support it. Simple as that.

Jesus, the right-wing spin on this issue has been incredible--in the 2004 election they made voters think that the estate tax meant "the government's gonna take away the family farm when Pa dies!" Only 1 in 500 Americans will ever be affected by the estate tax, and they'll be left with enough money to be idle rich anyway.

not history

>America is the only country that exists

&humanities was a mistake

King needs money.

See, that wasn't so hard.

You can't have a meritocracy with inheritance since your wealth won't reflect your individual merit, and a meritocracy is more efficient and fair.

How about you justify the existence of inheritance, first?

After you die, you stop being a person, and therefore cannot own any property. There does not seem to be any inherent reason why your offspring should have right to your property. It's not something they've earned or deserve to have.

>i dont understand genetics

>i don't know what merit is

Flat negative land tax, with most of the revenue going into local rather than federal government, is the best tax system.

Also, the land should be protected, even from it's owners.

In such a case a man can disinherit his family.

Saying a man cannot make plans for his goods after his death is absurd.

Knowing that your property will be transfered to someone or some institution you care about is an incentive for you to maintain sustainable enterprises rather than cashing out just before your death leaving financial ruin in your wake.

>federal
I meant central. This need not be applied to federal nations only.

Sounds like a scumbag

>Saying a man cannot make plans for his goods after his death is absurd.
What's so absurd about it? If he really wants to, he can just donate the money sometime BEFORE his death.

Saying that a man deserves to be rich just because his parents were rich seems to be equally absurd, if not more so.

>Knowing that your property will be transfered to someone or some institution you care about is an incentive for you to maintain sustainable enterprises rather than cashing out just before your death leaving financial ruin in your wake.
That's a reasonable objection. But if you know your death is approaching, you could make such transfer in advance.

And anyway, my main objection is people being able to inherit, I don't really see any reason why you shouldn't be able to leave your property to some church/charitable organization/whatever instead of the state.

It gives the illusion that we live in a meritocracy

Only country that matters buddy.

>After you die, you stop being a person

If so, justify the ban on necrophilia and grave desecration

It attempts to thawrt the tendency towards unsustanable inequality that is inherent to capitalism.

I can't, if there's no incentive to build a legacy for your children there's no point to living.

Certainly none for saving your money, or acquiring more than you need.

>Piketty

Define need, should we all just eat bread and drink water because those are only necesssary to survive? Should we live outside and give up cars because we don't really NEED them? Who gets to be the arbiter of this retarded system?

Refer to
You're bathetically over exaggerating

This thread is about the inheritance tax as a general concept and not about a specific bill proposal in specific country you dupe.

You want a slice of my shit when I'm dead? Fuck you, you got taxes from it the whole time I was alive.

>All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.
T. Benjamin Franklin

Tl;dr yes you damn savage. Modern society has no need for an aristocracy

>He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.

Taxes already did that and will continue to after I'm gone. Estate tax is double dipping.

All transfers of wealth larger than a certain amount is justifiably taxable.
Tell me estates aren't a transfer of wealth.

>double dip
And for good reason: societies built on inherited wealth are stagnant, degenerate societies built by the idle rich, to keep the idle rich in power.

Societies constructed on individual merit consistently outperform and are more egalitarian, so we double taxes on the people who are in the best position possible to pay them in order to promote a meritocratic society.

>one of the most preminent economists of our age

Individual merit through redistributed wealth? You make me laugh.

>a hack who wrote a shit book

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_in_the_Twenty-First_Century#Criticism

Yes, those taxes pay for the infrastructure that allows for more jobs and promotes private enterprise which fuels research and development. Computers and satellites are technologies that have their origins in government funded research and development.

Letting that wealth sit in the bank account of someone whose only defining feature was crawling out of the right vagina is a recipe for a stagnant society run by wealth spoiled degenerates.

defend anime
protip: you can't

>bank account

You don't know shit about being rich, rich people want assets not money, money loses value.

>inheritance tax means all your inheritance is taken

>butthurt hacks are butthurt

Colour me surpised.

It should be taxed since the one receiving it didn't earn it.

So I should tax the government for taking my things?

I kept removing taxes one by one.

It wasn't until after I repealed inheritance tax that I realized I'd also eliminated sales tax and income tax.

>If I don't steal ALL your money, I'm not a thief.

>obvious bait

Death tax is the only tax that doesn't discourage commerce in any way. Doesn't have any negative effects on suppliers or consumers. It's basically the perfect tax. In the U.S. you get 40 million untaxed- everything after the first 40 million is taxed.

I want my kids to get the shit I have now after I die, who the fuck are you to tell me I can't give it to them? Literally caring about the future generation of your family is the very fabric of society.

Since you don't know if he's real or not and there's no definitive proof, why have blind faith that god does/doesn't exist? The most educated decision you can arrive at is to just consider the possibilities without blindly agreeing with them.

>I think genetics is the sole arbiter of success in life.

>I have shit genetics

Impossible to defend and simultaneously believe in any semblance of property rights.

If you see leaves blowing, but not the wind that blows them, is the wind real?

>Dude's got brass balls.
Being a fucking dickhead isn't admirable, and being a morally reprehensible fuckbag isn't ethier.

Huuuuge brass balls. Huuuuuge. Bigley.

If your descendants are shit with money inherentance tax or not they'll decline into middle class plebary either way.

And many top nation's got to where they are doing those kinds of things.

Reduces the incentive for developing an exploitative economic system that rewards a permanent landed gentry.

Next question?

Anyone rich enough to be effected by it has enough resources to avoid it.

No but it gets shit done, versus Obama and Carter who thought the major powers could just hold hands and sing kumbaya

Inheritance should be abolished outright. Hereditary wealth is a shit idea.

But then people would just transfer all their assets to their kids before they die and live off their dime for the remainder.

As
a consumption tax, a VAT would not impose the bias against saving that is
inherent in income taxation and could therefore help promote capital
formation and economic growth.

Nope. I can't.

Since my world view revolves around families rather than individuals, inheritance is a sacred thing to me.

But I'm also against any unnecessary taxes, so I guess for anyone who would aim to defend inheritance tax, I'm already some reactionary capitalist scumbag.

Inheritance tax is legitimately fucking retarded.

Income and asset tax actually make sense.

It's also evadeable by shifting money into assets or gifting it.

AKA it's a trap meant to catch people off guard and unjustly jail them if they don't donate millions more dollars to shaniqua and her 10 kids.