Why are internet boards and forums chock full of Byzantinophiles?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exarchate_of_Ravenna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catepanate_of_Italy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Crusader Kings 2

cause they're romans?

Because :
>Remove Kebab
>Islam is evil
>muh Crusades

Underdogs are always more liked.

I admit that I am byzaboo, even though they were stupid cunts from time to time, because history of my country would be vastly more peaceful if we hadn't had war with Muslims for 500 years. Other reason is, I am somewhat sad that the world lost the culture with such unique history.

LARPing Westerners and Butthurt Slavshits

Crusader LARPing combined with an extreme lack of knowledge of the crusades.

>implying crusades were mistake

this

I CLAIM THIS THREAD IN THE NAME OF THE BASILEUS TON RHOMEON.

Tell me anecdotes about byzantophiles (or any other philes for that matter).
The devs behind Crusader kings 2 used to have all of Italy be de jure Byzantine land, meaning that the Byzantine empire got a free call for taking land wherever he wished. This meant that whenever any minor country managed to get independence from the Holy Roman Empire the Byzantine emperor would be able to declare a war and conquer them him or herself.
Despite the fact that this wrecked gameplay people would defend it, pointing to how the Byzantines had once held the northern parts of Italy for a few years before losing it again and how hundreds of years of barely clinging on to the southern tip later they should still keep this de jure claim.

The empire held southern Italy for 487 years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exarchate_of_Ravenna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catepanate_of_Italy

commencing art dump

Yeah, clang on to the southern tip.

Pausa!

Because only complete normie plebs and German HRE drones don't like (or know/care about) Byzantium.
It has also become more popular with the right wing recently because of the migrant crisis, increased muslim terrorist attacks etc.
Because Byzantium was pretty much Rome before 621, after which it became an evolution of the Roman state with more Hellenistic characteristics (which was already becoming more Hellenistic since the end of the 3rd century crisis), and it also held lands in south Italy until the late 11th century.

Because everyone hates the fucking turks, and they're right in doing so.

>better a turban from the turk than a tiara from the pope!

Well they got their wish. Good riddance, eastern "rome".

>Underdogs
>literally the Roman Empire

Byzantines made gorgeous art and architecture. What did the Turks ever make that was beautiful?

They invented kebab

Skanderbeg.

too qt

Legends say that Byzantines copied the Ancient statue of Zeus in Olympia and transposed it unto the Jesus Christ of this image.