Big Crypto BUBBLE ?

So Veeky Forums the last few days were insane. Big gains for everybody i guess - for those who dont made money i am very sorry. This was very easy, buy, hold, finish.

But Veeky Forums how is this shit even possible. I have no clue how this all works. i doubled my money in 3 days.

I've read a bit and lot of guys on bitcointalk thinks this is a big bubble we are in. Is this true?

Please answer a few questions for me.
Money isn't growing on trees so who are the losers on this increase of money? Why are those currencies raising ?

What do you think, how long can this game get on and make us into lamboland?

This shit is so scary..

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/12/19/bitcoin-may-be-following-this-classic-bubble-stages-chart/#5511e0da36b8
sec.gov/spotlight/investor-advisory-committee-2012/investment-advisor-accredited-definition.pdf
techcrunch.com/2016/03/23/the-sec-could-change-the-requirements-for-investing-in-startups-and-thats-not-good/
federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/section7.htm
newrepublic.com/article/116913/federal-reserve-dividends-most-outrageous-handout-banks
bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q102.pdf
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/18/truth-money-iou-bank-of-england-austerity
etherscan.io/tokens
archive.is/kIjV1
bisnow.com/national/news/commercial-real-estate/blackstone-begins-the-formation-story-of-the-worlds-largest-landlord-60537
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/04/how-america-spends-money-100-years-in-the-life-of-the-family-budget/255475/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

once the normies start investing in crypto it's all over

when will that be? Today a Monaco Add was on youtube, they explained something with ETH and their card.. so norms on Youtube are getting into crypto now i guess.

Ive been saying crypto bubble for a week now. People refuse to listen. There will be so many sad wojak threads on biz within a month.

Crypto's not in a bubble right now, I know that sounds like insanity talking but look at all the corporations and major banks onboarding. Crypto marketcap is not even $100 billion yet, it would not surprise me one bit if it was over $1 trillion by 2025.

One the contrary.
You want as much wallets and adoption as possible.

Bitcoin would not have crashed in 2013 without the Gox hack and crypto had far less going for it then than it does now. A retrace to $1700 or so for BTC wouldn't surprise me but that would be a dip rather than a crash.

If the bubble does burst how long will we have to get out? I don't remember the last one, was it overnight or slower?

Yes. Of course it is a bubble.

slower

here's what will happen:

> the "crash" occurs, whenever it may be
> everyone starts trying to convert their BTC back into fiat
> the number or requests is so high the exchanges shit themselves and cannot keep up
> you're stuck holding as BTC continues to fall

the trick is to make as much as possible and be out long before this happens. when will it happen? i dont know, maybe next month, maybe in 10 years.

those are targeted ads. normies still see normie ads.

don't think about the 2013 BTC crash, think of the dotcom bubble of the 90s. in less than a month you'll lose 95% of your gains.

you'll know it's about to burst when they start playing ETH, XRP, and other crypto commercials on tv during NFL games and primetime television shows.

>how is this shit even possible
>how long can this game get on and make us into lamboland?
Here's my take on this unique moment in history.

What we are seeing is a massive surge of investment in crypto currencies and startups using crypo to fundraise via ICOs. You may not realize it, but investing in a startup requires you to be an accredited investor, which means having $1 million in the bank. So the majority of people never invest in startups, only rich people do. And the majority of people never experience 100x returns on stocks that were bought privately and went public.

Basically crypto has allowed everyone to be an accredited investor and invest in startups which make huge returns normally for the elite.

Also crypto has replaced banking and the federal reserve, the most lucrative system on earth. There's no middleman rigging the system anymore. The gains are all going to you.

>bitcoin is going to crash to $10 in less than a month
Do you even listen to yourself?

>be me
>try to get in when dgb was around 100 sats
>cucked by coinbase not allowing me to buy

Sad nocoiner here, best way to go out with a bang?

$100*
but still.

Okay, and anybody can tell me why shit is rising that much?

is a crypto currency only rising cuz that lot ppl get in and falling cuz they are getting out?

or is there another worth behind these things?

Stop posting these exact comments in every unrelated thread ffs

It's a bubble. If you want to know where we're at in the bubble, talk to people on the street about Bitcoin and see how many know what it is. Then bring up Ethereum.

In short: we're barely getting started. A hundred billions in market cap is not a hundred billions in invested money, and even a hundred billions is small time compared to the money Wall Street moves around or the valuation of individual top companies.

The current money comes from outside investors. There WILL be harsh corrections. Bitcoin is unusable as a currency due to rising network congestion and transaction fees. Most shitcoins will crash and burn. XRP, STR and NEM are likely pumped by Japan, where normalfags are already getting into crypto. Ethereum stands to benefit immensely from the fallout, same for solid projects based on this blockchain. If you want a safe haven right now, that's where you want to look at. ETH can only go up long term, REP and GNT have real use cases and promising releases on the horizon. Daytrade shitcoins then invest back into these cryptos.

Here's an article from 2013 about BTC. If it's following a similar trend now, wouldn't we be around the bear trap phase?

forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/12/19/bitcoin-may-be-following-this-classic-bubble-stages-chart/#5511e0da36b8

It's rising because a lot of hedge funds and venture capital firms are investing in crypto backed startups.

Here's an example of how volatile stock prices are for private companies that haven't gone public yet. If you bought 23andMe in 2008 and sold in 2009, you would have made 2.5x your money.
Same thing is happening with crypto.

Here's a better example. The private company Carbon, backed by sequoia capital.

Their share price has gone up 24x in one year.
That's crypto level gains. But you have to be accredited to invest obviously. Can't let the peasants reap great returns.

>needing $1 million to be an accredited investor
This shit pisses me off so much.

okay. capped

I know I'm beating the dead horse, but here's MongoDB's private share price. They're backed by Union Square Ventures. Their price has soared 37x since 2008.

Who knows how much it will cost the sheep if it ever goes public.
With crypto, you and I can invest in these startups and reap the same level of rewards.

crypto prices are literally only determined by supply & demand, like most assets.

2025 is the year crypto becomes normified.

You will be hearing about stressed middle aged men losing their retirement funds trying to day-trade cryptos that don't exist yet.

You can still make loads of money from popped bubbles if you know how to trade.

lrn2reading comprehension, nigger, the crash isn't going to happen tomorrow or next week.
it'll happen in a couple years when they've run out of normies investing in the pyramid scheme that has barely begun.
it'll crash from $20,000 to $1000 in a month.

fuck you

>This shit pisses me off so much.
SEC wants to raise it to $2.5 million to account for inflation since the law was passed in 1933.

>In short, while reliance on income and net worth thresholds results in a definition that is
clear and relatively simple to implement, this approach over-simplifies the factors that determine
whether an individual truly has the wealth and liquidity to shoulder the potential risks of private
offerings. Moreover, the income and net worth thresholds have been seriously eroded by
inflation since they were first set in 1982. Had the thresholds been adjusted for inflation, the
income threshold today would be just under $500,000 ($740,000 for a married couple) and the
net worth threshold would be nearly $2.5 million.
>sec.gov/spotlight/investor-advisory-committee-2012/investment-advisor-accredited-definition.pdf

>The SEC could change the requirements for investing in startups, and that’s not good
>techcrunch.com/2016/03/23/the-sec-could-change-the-requirements-for-investing-in-startups-and-thats-not-good/

is there any worth in actual money? only if people trade it for goods. it's already happening with crypto. the thing is, crypto is even better. not completely owned by jews, fail proof, instant transaction, doesn't close on weekends, anonymity features. it's like money on steroids

As far as I can tell its money that can be purpose tailored.
>btc is designed to replace banking w/ interest
>redd is designed to create a market for content creators
>bat is designed to incentivize ads
The only time a currency will crash is when the coin fails at doing the thing its trying to do, provided it doesn't find some other niche to fill.

I'm out when my co-workers start talking about it seriously, out I reach 2 million USD, whichever comes first

Investing in crypto has taught me how rigged this whole system really is... now I actually understand how the rich keep getting richer so easily.

$2200 --> May 22nd ---> pedo bears start eating snacks

They told you but you didn't listen

That was the point of the whole Crypto exercise.

The ones running these rigged systems are like drug addicts looking for their next fix.

You now understand how the saddest human beings in the world operate.

>now I actually understand how the rich keep getting richer so easily
Yea they don't tell you this shit in any books you find. The truth is always hidden the fuck away. And we're told bullshit on CNBC by our masters.

No one tells you how to make real money. Why the fuck would they.

Here's another thing they don't tell you. Every bank that's part of the Federal Reserve gets a 6% guaranteed dividend every year.
>federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/section7.htm

Gotta skim that 6% off the money supply, suckers.

>This Is the Fed's Most Brazen and Least Known Handout to Private Banks
>newrepublic.com/article/116913/federal-reserve-dividends-most-outrageous-handout-banks

Also, banks literally print money when they lend. They don't lend their deposits and fractional reserve has nothing to do with it. You won't hear this one come up. And all the textbooks are flat out wrong and are lying to you saying banks lend their deposits. Here's proof from the horse's mouth (Bank of England spilling the beans).

------------------------
>Money creation in the modern economy
>Bank of England
>bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q102.pdf

>Money creation in practice differs from some popular misconceptions — banks do not act simply
as intermediaries, lending out deposits that savers place with them, and nor do they ‘multiply up’
central bank money to create new loans and deposits
>The reality of how money is created today differs from the description found in some economics textbooks:
>Rather than banks receiving deposits when households save and then lending them out, bank lending creates
deposits.
------------------------
>The truth is out: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it
>theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/18/truth-money-iou-bank-of-england-austerity

>Last week, something remarkable happened. The Bank of England let the cat out of the bag. In a paper called "Money Creation in the Modern Economy", co-authored by three economists from the Bank's Monetary Analysis Directorate, they stated outright that most common assumptions of how banking works are simply wrong, and that the kind of populist, heterodox positions more ordinarily associated with groups such as Occupy Wall Street are correct. In doing so, they have effectively thrown the entire theoretical basis for austerity out of the window.

People could cash out and enjoy it, but greed will make them lose it all.

>To get a sense of how radical the Bank's new position is, consider the conventional view, which continues to be the basis of all respectable debate on public policy. People put their money in banks. Banks then lend that money out at interest – either to consumers, or to entrepreneurs willing to invest it in some profitable enterprise. True, the fractional reserve system does allow banks to lend out considerably more than they hold in reserve, and true, if savings don't suffice, private banks can seek to borrow more from the central bank.

>In other words, everything we know is not just wrong – it's backwards. When banks make loans, they create money.

you need to diversify after each wave

sell your btc, cripple, dgb, rdd, beans, etc

keep eth and eth tokens, buy new eth tokens that haven't broken out yet like MNE and EDG

What is a ETH Token?

boy are you in for a treat. ever wonder why ETH is so valuable? it's the gas that powers the smart contracts on the ethereum blockchain. basically web 3.0. tokens are child coins that run on the eth blockchain. you may have heard of some of them:
etherscan.io/tokens

99% of these projects, including Ethereum, arent even released yet. How the fuck are we in a bubble when shit isnt even out yet? Crypto total market cap hasnt even hit 80 billion yet, a lot of which is pumping into useless banking kike coins like Cripple, Jew Economy Movement and Stellar Juden. Everything is in its infancy, theres still a massive assload of room to grow, massive as in a few years.

And presumably this causes massive inflation?

>this causes massive inflation
Yep. There's more to the inflation game than people realize.

People think inflation is normal part of life. In reality it's engineered by the central bank through its monetary policy (printing money).

The Federal Reserve is doing everything in its power to offset the massive technological deflation currently going on right now.
Technology is driving the cost of everything down at orders of magnitudes, from microprocessors (Moore's law) to solar power (Swanson's law).

Jews gonna jew

this makes no sense. How does massive amounts of money pouring in spell the end of it?

Is the Consensus 2017 thing tomorrow gonna inflate the crypto prices even more? I'm thinking of getting some more BTC and ETH before it despite how high they are.

Yes, I have wondered about this. But a lot of stuff is definitely cheaper - electronics, clothes, etc. come to mind.

You would expect as technology has progressed thing for things to get cheaper, and this would maybe translate to shorter working weeks or wage increases - neither of which seems to have happened.

On the other hand, a lot of stuff is definitely getting more expensive: energy, food and most noticeably rent/real estate.

I don't know what to make of it all. The whole printing money side of things never sits well with me though. It's basically the government stealing the value of your savings (i.e. a hidden tax). Would the gold standard solve this problem?

I don't know what to think

brb, buying more crypto

the stock comparison would be that it indicates that the coin is tied to a product/service/technology that has hit the mainstream to such a degree that it's already antiquated, past its disruptive period, and will very soon be wiped off the market by new emerging disruptive produts/services/technologies.

not sure if it's like that for crypto but thats kind of how it works in the stock world.

Thanks for these writeups user, I appreciate the quality posts

>most noticeably rent/real estate
Real estate definitely has built in supply constraints (limited land) that causes a bidding war style rise in price (inflation).
But banks artificially magnify this rise in price by letting people compete with debt (mortgage).

Then property taxes rise to reflect the higher valued real estate, and landlord's are forced to raise rents otherwise they lose money from paying higher taxes. For example, a typical 1 bedroom apartment costs $1 million in San Francisco. Property taxes are $950 a month (1.140% / yr on valued property). If rent is any lower than $950, the landlord loses money on taxes. So now renters are forced to pay higher rents because real estate prices were artificially boosted with monetary stimulus.

I personally saw average douchebags buying bitcoin at a satoshi atm that's usually completely deserted in old street - London's "tech city" - I took that as a sign not to sell yet however it's definitely a sign.

What the fuck are these objects people keep using on chart predictions

The sad part is less people are becoming homeowners now more than ever, and remaining renters for life.
This robs people of owning an appreciating asset (real estate), and hands the landlord keys to wall street and banks.

People's household budgets are covering housing expenses now more than ever, while food and apparel expenses fall in relation.

>Wall Street as Landlord: Blackstone Going Public with a $10 Billion Bet on Foreclosed Homes
>archive.is/kIjV1

>Blackstone Begins: The Formation Story Of The World's Largest Landlord
>bisnow.com/national/news/commercial-real-estate/blackstone-begins-the-formation-story-of-the-worlds-largest-landlord-60537

>How America Spends Money: 100 Years in the Life of the Family Budget
>theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/04/how-america-spends-money-100-years-in-the-life-of-the-family-budget/255475/

>2017
>Never heard of the fucking Ladel Law
>Get out of my Veeky Forums

When do I sell my eth? End of this week after all the conventions?

I work at a bank and can tell you are 100% wrong about this.

If our loan to deposit ratio goes above 110%, the FDIC will come in and shut us down until we go under that ratio.

Commercial banks don't have to follow those rules and can lend 8x what they have as a deposit, but your big retail banks cannot.

Also, banks create money. They are lending out an asset (your loan) based on a liability (your deposit). They are in essence creating money.

Most money in existence is created by private banks, not the Fed.

This is why it makes me laugh when nocoiners make those threads saying "HAHA!!! You can't cash out to REAL MONEY!"

Also lending money on poloniex is what the bank lending out money on your behalf SHOULD be like. Your balance should be unavailable while it's being used by someone else, and then returned to you with a big portion of the interest. If the lender and the borrower both have access to the same funds at the same time that's just fraud.

>selling ETH
>ever

>Real estate definitely has built in supply constraints (limited land)
Not sure about the USA, but in the UK we have quite a lot of land (for such a small island) yet planning constraints and regulations are such that it's pretty much impossible to build any new houses. Again, this fuels my cynicism

But don't we want everyone converting their savings to crypto? Doesn't that mean crypto wins and lambos are selling well?

Eth crashing to sub 100 in a few weeks when the bubble pops.

If you don't believe thats fine just remember when you see it in dipping through the 120s that its the profit window is closing.

>he doesn't maximize gains

I sold eth at 80$ and it fell to 72$ and I rebought it, it rose to 100$ I sold out and rebought at 85$, now it's at 150$ almost.

The idea is normies will buy more than the market is designed for.

The bubble is very distant from now and even when it bursts, if you're buying right now you won't lose. Only the normies who bought at peak will lose the most.

This is a currency, not a bank or financial institution so the burst won't make destroy it/make it go out of business/shut down/etc

Thank you for interesting posts. Are there any good books or resources you would recommend for people who want to learn more about these things?

>bank of england spawns research that shows how they're doing fucked up stuff to make money
>not thinking this isn't some retard misunderstanding the og paper

nice

At this rate it will be one trillion by the end of 2017.

fucking saved.
This made my night.

When you deposit 20k usd into a crypto exchange, and the bank calls you and shills you not do it.

Thats when you know Crypto is the way to go :)

hope you arent a burger. each time you sell you have to pay short term capital gains tax.

am i too late? im bareoy sign8ng up for gemini exchange. have to wait days for verify. help

Massive amounts of money POURING in....

They just became the means in which the early adopters can liquidate their holdings.

>they don't understand anything but becoming someone else's sacrificial goat

>You would expect as technology has progressed thing for things to get cheaper, and this would maybe translate to shorter working weeks or wage increases - neither of which seems to have happened.
You are so cute. What you said assumes that the corporations that facilitate such jobs and services are guided by humanitarian pursuits instead of the most base of greeds, and that the politicians and judges that supposedly should stop them from doing so are usually not corrupt and rotten to the core.

probably just dnm

OR this could happen before we reach any bubbles:

"Risk of Weaknesses or Exploitable Breakthroughs in the Field of Cryptography

Cryptography is an art, not a science. And the state of the art can advance over time.
Advances in code cracking, or technical advances such as the development of quantum computers, could present risks to cryptocurrencies and the Ethereum Platform, which could result in the theft or loss of ETH.
To the extent possible, Stiftung Ethereum intends to update the protocol underlying the Ethereum Platform to account for any advances in cryptography and to incorporate additional security measures, but it cannot predict the future of cryptography or guarantee that any security updates will be made in a timely or successful manner."

Stiftung Ethereum's Terms and Conditions