WIll you help me get started with trading crypto?

WIll you help me get started with trading crypto?

I'm UK based and it seems banks might close accounts associated with crypto trading, so to avoid that I should use a direct trade site like localbitcoins to buy from a seller directly via bank transfer and make it so that there is no association visible to cryptos, correct?

Once I have got bitcoins I transfer them to an exchange depending on the coin I want to trade, so poloniex, bittrex, kraken etc and I should verify my accounts with these fully before trading too much?

When I have made my gains or cutting my losses on the exchange I transfer coins back to the localbitcoins wallet and sell via bank transfer?

I may want to store some coins longterm, like eth, so to do that I should buy bitcoins, transfer to exchange, but eth, transfer eth to an eth wallet that I dl from ___ and hodl until I want to sell?

But for trading shitcoins shorterm I can just leave money in the exchanges? DO you all leave money in exchanges? For how long?

Any thoughts on this? Advice? Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1963534-payment-methods-for-uk-customers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>go to a site like coinbase and buy bitcoins
>trade bitcoin to another site like bittrex to buy altcoins
>buy low sell high, low coin cost lower risk
>don’t fall for pump and dumps do research off Veeky Forums
>play around with like 20$ to get the hang of it
>realize were in a bull market so it wont always bethis good
Good luck my friend, hope I helped,
Also people need to realize the more people we help into the market the larger it grows and the more gainz there will be by the increase demand in coins

How long will the bull market last?

A few days?

>>go to a site like coinbase and buy bitcoins

I looked at this. They don't accept UK bank transfers, and buying from an exchange directly like that would probably flag with the bank and fuck me. It seems coinbase only accepts SEPA transfers or something. That's why I thought localbitcoins might be good as it is person to person, and it should be fairly quick whereas a SEPA can take days and has fees. Are you UK yourself?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say for at least the first half of summer. There's a lot of announcements for various coins coming up. I think it will stagnate or drop a bit after that.

lol a few days
>asking people on the internet to predict the future
well crypto have been in a "bull market" for like two years and it will continue to be a bull market for the next few years, sometime will be "bullier" then others

right now if cryptos were a party, youd be the the sickest fucking pregame ever, the party hasnt even started yet, it starts when normies in a few years start investing in cryptos

Source for UK banks closing accounts?

sorry american here, idk how things owkr for you in UK
the gainz weve seen recently are astronomical and will slow down in the coming months but the bull market itself wont stop

>I'm UK based and it seems banks might close accounts associated with crypto trading
proofs?

if you do a search like 'bitcoin uk banks close account' you can find plenty of chatter and news stories on it, lots of talk on it on plebbit too

Brit here. Coinbase will accept debit card payments, but you'll need to verify your ID by taking a picture of your passport. I initially had difficulty doing it through my webcam as it's shit, but it was fine going through the app on my phone and using my phone camera (which has more pixels). It took a few minutes to verify (I think it's automated) and you have to link a card and give them a phone number (which is linked to an app called Authy for extra authentication), address the card is registered to etc. It took a little while for me to be able to start buying (maybe about 12 hours), but I had an immediate £500 limit, which I believe is better than you can get if you're Canadian, for instance.

.....this is worrying.

hmmmmmmmm

Well on coinbase it says SEPA or debit card if the debit card is 3D secure or something, never heard of that myself so idk if I have it

support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1963534-payment-methods-for-uk-customers

Even if I could use my card to purchase directly though, I am still concerned it would flag with my bank and risk account closure. Maybe it doesn't happen to everyone, but it worries me.

So the 2 weeks or so it'll take for my ACH transfers n sheeeit to clear with Gemini will still allow me to get to lamboland?

I currently have exactly 1 eth.

Not OP duh

But thanks fampai

again, source?

I googled found nothing note worthy.

when i google what i posted before the top two links are two stories from the telegraph about people's accounts being closed for dealing with bitcoin. lower down is reddit posts about the same, then a crypto site on the issue, then a vice article on the issue...that's enough for me personally to think twice

>still not linking a source

Tell you what, just stick to being a no coiner, you will lose alot of money being this much of a pussy desu.

>buy from localbitcoins
>looks like a standard bank transfer

simple.

what's is the problem to have your account closed? You open another one in another bank, no problem

I have a life, I have payments going in and out of my account, I can't have my shit fucked up, not to mention I doubt it looks good to have your account forcibly closed and probably impacts your potential for future loans and such
this is what i'll be doing, thanks

If getting verified on localbtc is a ball ache you can also use bittylicious. They set you up with sellers (slightly more expensive than elsewhere) but you just do a bank transfer to some bloke. Also when I used them they had minimal verification required up to £1k purchased. So no uploading IDs but you enter your information.

america here.

is gemini good? help me

g2g

What sites do you recommend user kun?

>doesn't have several bank accounts
>want to be rich in crypto
keep being poor