archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17832227/#17834949
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17832227/#17835015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jew shite

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Kabbalah: A History:
desuarchive.org/his/thread/2063022/#2063022
mega.nz/#F!IFxSnZBZ!bYj2MDaEbONbZbeKhpkh4w
Jewish mysticism is often overlooked in discussions on the origin of certain Gnostic materials or as a backdrop against the revelations of Christ. More often, it's conflated by FUNposters with certain elements of conspiratorial thought. I often see it asserted that Kabbalah is a newer movement, arising from the 12th C., but this is an incredibly facile view that omits about half the history of the movement, if not more, depending on our litmus test. For our purposes, all eras of development of Kabbalah are viewed as Kabbalah (as it's hard to delineate the borders between Merkavah mysticism and the Hekhalot tradition, or the Hekhalot tradition from later Lurianic materials, in terms of theme and content, despite all three being more or less autonomous).

Kabbalah's definition varies according to the tradition and aims of those following it, from its religious origin as an integral part of Judaism, to its later Christian, New Age, and Occultist syncretic adaptations. Kabbalah is a set of esoteric teachings meant to explain the relationship between an unchanging, eternal, and mysterious Ein Sof (Nothingness without end, nothingness upon nothingness) and the mortal and finite universe (God's creation). While it is heavily used by some denominations, it is not a religious denomination in itself. It forms the foundations of mystical religious interpretation. Kabbalah seeks to define the nature of the universe and the human being, the nature and purpose of existence, and various other ontological questions. It also presents methods to aid understanding of the concepts and thereby attain spiritual realisation.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever

It's not suppose to, it's a miracle.

That's like calling 1+1=3 or shitting your pants a miracle

You guys wanna talk about Kabbalah or do the trinity shitposting thing for another 35 replies?

Map of the spiritual structure of reality as well as the human microcosm, with the Godhead at the top progressing down the Tree through supernal and archetypal cosmic forces, down to the physical world at its terminus.

Going down the Tree -> particularisation and multiplicity, these forces as they are expressed in the realm of individuation.

Going up the Tree -> universalization, integration of these forces with their divine source

The goal of Kabbalah is to recognize these principles as they are manifested through you, which necessarily involves knowledge of and identification with their transcendent root.

Hey bro do you have your occult thread somewhere? Got a question I want to ask you.

Prior to self-manifestation, God was known as Ein Sof, a limitless and transcendent being that was all there was, a being incomprehensible to human thought and represented by a infinitely large realm of light. The god we know came into existence when Ein Sof voluntarily limited Himself by allowing Himself to manifest through the Sephirot. Ein Soft willingly gave up his limitless nature to witness what his finite form as well as to allow conceptual space in which finite and seemingly independent realms could exist in a process called Tzimtzum. Each emanation of the Sephirot God passed through removed some of Ein Sof's perfection and transcendence, as well as creating the physical realm and the chain of higher metaphysical realms seder hishtalshelus. This gave birth to the Four Worlds, or Olamot, as well as Adam Kadmon, the configuration of the Sephirot in the form of a man. The first world Atziluth is the realm where Ein Sof's light shines brightest. This supernal revelation therefore precludes the souls and Divine emanations in Atzilus from sensing their own existence. In Atzilus the 10 sephirot emerge in revelation, with Chochma dominating, all is nullification of Bittul HaEtzem to Divinity, not considered created and separate. The sephirah Malchut is the Divine speech of Genesis, through which lower Worlds are sustained. The second world Beriah. On this level is the first concept of creatio ex nihilo (Yesh miAyin), however without yet shape, as the creations of Beriah sense their own existence, though in nullification of Bittul HaMetzius to Divinity. Beriah is the realm of the "Divine Throne", denoting the sephirot configuration of Atzilus descending into Beriah like a King on a Throne. The sephirah Binah predominates, Divine intellect. Also called the Higher Garden of Eden. The Highest Ranking Angels are in Beriah. The third world is Yetzirah, where lesser angles like Seraphim are. Fourth world is Assiah, and below that is our world, Asiyah Gashmi.

Just ask me here.

>the top progressing down
Directionality is a blind.

Otherwise a p. decent primer.

i'm not catholic but it doesn't seem complicated

But I thought the ice analogy was a modalist heresy ;^)

more jewish lies

If we're talking self-realization, do you recmmomend just going for it like in Zen, developing the body and mind holistically as with eastern yoga, postures and energy work, or golden dawn type initiations and ritual like with the Crowley crowd? I know there's other paths and overlap but these are what stand out to me. I feel like Zen is the dryest path. There's just so much information out there I always feel like I'm missing out on and sacrificing certain, and very powerful perspectives

I'm uncomfortable with Zen. It paradoxically under-philosophizes despite its background.

>mind body dualism
"No."

>Initiations
Only work if you understand them. Often over philosophize.

Do yoga until you Know What You Want.

delete this garbage right now

What are the best and most comprehensive systems? Any websites to get started? I've studied Hinduism and Tantra, I'm not a beginner I just need something organized that lays it all out. Pranayama, asanas, there's just too much man

>best
The system you attain with.

The standard Yogic materials are Hathayoga, Shiva Samhita and Raja Yoga.

>websites
If you want Zen, I got little. For just about everything else there's my library.

2000 years ago, a group of religious hermits withdrew from society to pursue the wisdom of God.

The results of their meditations produced Evangelion, an awkward moment for Madonna, and the name of FF VII's best fangirl fodder, that's about it.

Actually produced one of the backbones of Western esoterica via early synchretism by integrating Hermetic, Neoplatonic, and Christian thought at the Medici's Platonic Academy.

Why don't you like Zen, I thought letting go of discursive thought is kinda the point

A lot of my attraction to Qabalah is because of the beauty and elegance of the tree, so it's extremely evocative for me. But is that an attachment? When do you know you're over-aestheticizing this stuff and you should get down to business? But then so many spiritual writings are filled with passion. Idk

>letting go of discursive thought is kinda the point
My gripes are complex and due to recent vows it would probably be prudent for me to shut up.

Buddhist schools have a tendency to overdo it, or underdo it, when it comes to the place and practicality of philosophical elaborations and taxonomic schemes.

Focusing on minutiae impedes Attainment. All systems have flaws like this. You are correct, tho, derascination of discursive thought IS the point. I just have qualms with how Zen goes about this. It cuts away at some of what may be good stuff in the various Buddhist canons. I'm ALMOST inclined to say Nichiren will get you there quicker, but I'm not you; Zen may be just what the doctor ordered. Wasn't for me.

>But is that an attachment
Crystalized habit. See David Chaim Smith's comments on the Klipot (Qlippoth).

Thought you meant the stylistic comparison. Only a retard can't understand the Trinity. It's basically 1 = 1.

I understand, I know it comes down to personal constitution and what works for you, it's just that for me it feels like everything works, everything's powerful and applicable and extremely profound, but there's just too much. I'm waffling between Zen and more golden dawn-inspired practices.

What is your personal system and why does it work for you?

Um, Thelema.
This does not preclude me from working in other parallel systems.
For me this includes 'traditional witchcraft', which is both speculative and reconstructive through Chumbley, Tantra in the Saivite and Buddhist varieties. That last one is recent. Just took Samaya vows, etc., for Tibetan Vajrayana. Swallowed my pride. I've *always* asserted that Buddhism is a valid route of Attainment, but until like a couple weeks back I simply neglected that path in favor of others.

Taking vows lead to serious breakthroughs with unrelated tantras. Tells me I should spend the next year or so studying Vajrayana as a student rather than a passerby.

Interesting. Also, how do you personally define attainment?

I like that your eclectic in your practice. I believe the Zen attitude with the rigor and (to be honest) the ecstasy of the Golden Dawn/Thelemic lines, with a Traditionalist philosophical base is most appealing to me. But it sounds like I'm listing off tumblr identities.

And what does David chaim say about the qlippoth?

>attainment
This has a number of connotations. Essentially, experience of Face. Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Mukti, or Liberation. Also, a preliminary stage of Bodhisattva.

>eclectic
I don't feel eclectic. I compartmentalize my practices unless I'm writing something of my own. This all largely works because I'm working nondualist systems.

Everything from here:
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17832227/#17834949

To here:
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17832227/#17835015

Whoooo wee I love dank esoteric shit like this. Thanks.