ITT: historical tragedies

ITT: historical tragedies
>XIX century spain

>the fall of imperial russia and the execution of the main branch of the romanov family

i still weep

He deserved it. His family didn't but Nicky definitely did.

Nicky was a shit ruler, aye, probably the reason why the Romanovs were executed. But Alexei didn't deserve the execution. Guy would probably have been a great ruler.

>Guy would probably have been a great ruler
We don't know anything about him but I agree. Executing a little kid is fucking horrible.

THE THRONE OF RUSSIA BELONGS TO THE HOUSE OF RURIK
DOWN WITH THE KRAUT PRETENDERS

GO BACK TO THE KIEVAN RUS YOU VIKING SCUM

It wouldn't have been hard not to fuck up as badly as his dad. Plus, the kid actually was pretty good at talking to others and was compassionate, something Nicky clearly lacked despite being pious as shit.

>XVII century spain
>XVIII century spain
>XIX century spain
>XX century spain
>XXI century spain

They say the two saddest words in history are 'if only'...

nothing wrong with XVIII century spain

>

>KIEVAN RUS

What's that? you mean Mongol Orus?

Fourth Crusade

>XVIII century spain
I got you

>XVIII century spain
Nothing wrong with it

Ever notice how portugal is still on the world map...?

See

What about it?

Look up the 3 failed Franco-spainish invasion of portugal. The final is known as the fantastic war.

Long story short

Anglo-LUSO > Franco-Spainiard

>the destruction of Aztec texts by Cortes and his crew

>hey, what do you think these weird bundles of string with knots tied in them are?
>they're heresy. burn them.

The Eternal Sp**nard ruined so much.

>3 failed Franco-spainish
2 of those ended up with Portugal losing the war after just getting BTFO by some skirmishers in the border. Why are Portuguese so fucking deluded?

>bundles of strings
>aztec

I know, that was the Incans. But they made a habit of destroying the native writing of everyone they conquered and the knowledge of history has suffered for it.

Are we talking about the same ones ?
The three wars I'm talking about are over how spain and France wanted an end to the treaty of Windsor.

And to make portugal a protectorate of Spain.

Neither of those ever happend. Portugal held spain off in the first war forcing a retreat from portugal.

Second war is known as the false victory because of the amount of land portugal had to burn to make spain go away.

no one won that war really.
Technically portugal did because the treaty was still in place and portugal was still independent.

The final war (The fantastic war ) had England fully modernize the portuguese army.

An army of 14-15k of portuguese and englishmen held off the Franco spainiard army of 45k or so.

Losses were so bad for the Franco-Spaniards that they were literally btfo to the point where spainish power protection was ruined for the rest of the empires run.

All land lost in South America was really captured by the portuguese

So for a country with literally a 10 of the population of Spain and France combined
Coming off of the capital bring ruined and losing alot of its east indies islands to the dutch decades earlier.

I think they did very well

Just abadoned 3 provinces, that Trajan did. Fucking idiot.

There were 3 wars in the XVIII century. Portugal won 1. Why are you Portuguese so fucking deluded?

The point of the three wars was to make portugal a protectoratea did that happen?

The second point was to annul the treaty of Windsor

Did that happen

Did the spainish and French army RETREAT after failing all three times Hmmmm really makes you think doesn't it...

>The point of the three wars was to make portugal a protectoratea did that happen?
That wasn't the objective like at all... They were just minor conflicts of bigger wars. Maybe in Portugal they teach you that as you were irrelevant and to make you feel better

I'm not portuguese though. Literally read up on the conflict.

All the conflicts were just a theater of a bigger war britbong. Lile the 7 years war or the war of Austrian succession.

Yes. I'm aware.

Now read up on all three out comes and the overall outcome of the iberian and South American wars

The outcomes were pretty neutral. As the Portuguese front was tiny and irrelevant. A full invasion of Portugal was never the aim. It was just a front to diverge brittish troops from more important fronts