Who was the best king and why was it carolus Rex ?

Who was the best king and why was it carolus Rex ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skirmish_at_Bender
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because he was litererally an autistic sperglord who couldn't do anything else but wage war and do war related activities.

This led to 21 years of interesting military history.

Letting Sweden exist was a mistake.

Kalmar Union v.2 when?

oh how we've fallen...

Sure, under swedish rule

Did he even achieved anything, except stealing stuff?

All embrace me, it's my time to rule at last

When will the swede shitposting end?

Well, all embraced him and shout his name to the skies

Well, he deserved that for 16 years of waiting to sit upon his throne.

I WAS CHOSEN BY HEAVEN

ÖVER NORDEN JAG HÄRSKNAR
LÅT MIN ARM SPRIDA KNÄCK

He's not even the best Swedish king

He's not even the best swedish warrior king from after the middle ages

Man, I'm reading Massie's biography of Peter the Great, and he's extremely interesting, but Charles keeps stealing the show. He was just so cool.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skirmish_at_Bender

SAY MY NAME WHEN YOU PRAY

MAKE THEM BOW TO MY WILL

>It is said about Charles XII that "he could not retreat, only attack or fall". The same goes for his soldiers. In the Swedish army tactics of that time retreat was never covered. Troops were obligated to attack or fight where they stood.

WEW

When you bow to his will
When you say his name when you pray
For then, you shall see carolus rise
To the skies

>Who was the best king
Askia äbn al-Swedi

*guitar solo*

to the first page see carolus rise

TO THE SKIES

I knew you fuckers liked Sabaton.

I can tell you spergs never read Johnson.

MY TIME HAS COME

DID WHAT THEY COULD
DIED WHERE THEY STOOD

foon memo

Död vid rikets rand drömmen rann ut i sand leve Carolus
Buren hem för hand åter till Svealand leve Carolus Rex

Always Breitenfield.

The Father of Modern War, Gustavus Adolphus almost certainly was not. But he may very well have been the Father of the Modern World. Because then, at that place, at the moment when the Saxons broke and the Inquisition bade fair to triumph over all of Europe, the king of Sweden stood his ground.

And proved, once again, that the truth of history is always concrete. Abstractions are the stuff of argument, but the concrete is given. Whatever might have been, was not. Not because of tactics, and formations, and artillery, and methods of recruitment—though all of those things played a part, and a big one—but because of a simple truth. At that instant, history pivoted on the soul of one man. His name was Gustavus Adolphus, and there were those among his followers who thought him the only monarch in Europe worthy of the name. They were right, and the man was about to prove it. For one of the few times in human history, royalty was not a lie.

It's not that hard to figure out. Every 2-3 days we have a thread with people spamming Sabaton lyrics.

That was a c+ book, but interesting nonetheless.

I always admire monarchs who led troops directly. Swedish kings tho did this a lot. Other good example would be Friedrich.

I love historical time travel, and for that it was great stuff

you are like a little baby
KINGDOM IS FOR BOYS
IMPERIUM IS FOR MEN
[spoiler]*gets exiled twice*[/spoiler]

>Ottoman Empire, where they spent a total of five years
Why he didn't return to Sweden by sea?

Friedrich der Große

It's not admirable unless they are in front lines.

>Veeky Forums likes Veeky Forums the band
who would've fucking thought

I hate say this Carolus Rex was a disaster. When he assumed the throne sweden ruled sweden, norway, denmark, finland, prussia, baltics and all european were really afraid of us.

When he died he had lost everything including his own life. Sweden could have been a lot more if Gustavus Adolphus the XII never existed including his frightened generals who gave up great amounts of land for nothing.

Gustav den 12:e Adolphus was the disaster sweden needed to retreat into a country in obscurity.

A good general of the old swedish north would have settled with the conquering of europe, left russia alone and be a 500 million superpower today that even russia feared.

To be honest europe is now a 500 million superpower that surpasses anything a swedish king or general ever believed in or wanted in the 30 year war in the early 1600.

Europe has become more than any country in the old european wars would have ever believed.

Europe is europe feared by a lot but standing for human rights anywhere and any place and a war war machine to back it up and then some.

I am proud to be a true european i am.

>t. Merkel

Merkel is ok, she does the best with what she got. I only dread the the day when she realizes she got the superpower europe under her her fingertips and use it at her own will.

He didn't want to. He was trying to get the Ottomans to wage war on Russia before he returned. He still had hope of winning, but not by himself given that Sweden's armies were so depleted.

>and use it at her own will.
Yeah because the rest of the EU nations will comply easily.

Der alte Fritz

You do not understand, when a eouropean leader is chosen we will follow her or him wherever it leads to.

am I being baited right now

No you are not, if a truly elected leader of the europas chose to do anything we will follow.

>tfw our nation voted no to EU twice

I just got my orders today and i am sitting in a submarine never detected by anyon ever, it contained a question which no orders i have never recieced ever have gotten.

Yhe question am i with eourope or not. I sent i am with europe. I guess this is the preamble to a great operation.

I have no idea why i as seaman liutennatent grade of a european sub would ever receive this question ever,

I guess this is it, the european forces are about to make stand, and some land claimes.

We got all our robots loaded, we are ready to die, and ithe same goes for the rest of the 160+ subs out there.

This is it, tomorrow will be another day, i am with europe, i have no idea if i am alive tomorrow or if i will see history being made.

The targets is only numbers on a tactical display i have no idea what they mean but i guess i will soon...

The targets seems to be arfrica, i have no idea why any euoprean subs would ever invade africa but i guess tomorrow i will know, first liutennant of the sub baltican seas signing in, not sure if i will ever sign out, ever...

Christian the second