Writing a book (call me a faggot) Now, what would accurately happen when an SS officer, for me an SS-Colonel...

Writing a book (call me a faggot) Now, what would accurately happen when an SS officer, for me an SS-Colonel, was captured by Americans. What were interrogations like? Was torture common against the SS officers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_SjWqF1Xc0
gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably break his bones, tear off bits and pieces of his body, feed him shit, keep him awake, inject him with drugs

basically unrefined tactics that USA used today

If you're writing a historical fiction book and intend to do your research on an image board you're not gonna write a very good book.

With that said, it completely depends on the situation. Is it similar to pic related or so they have him in an interrogation room?

>hey americaner i'm am going to mess you the HECKf UP

>break their bones fairly quickly

>sleep tight yanker

>the table has turned Offiser

Oh I know, but you see sir, I got no moneys right now since I've wasted it mostly on books from Amazons that helped me research events for during the war my character is present in. So far, 0 books on post-war Germany, specifically German POWs in Allied hands. Google searching and the Axis History Forum has helped somewhat though.

Well, he is captured along the Elbe in Magdeburg in early May 1945, popped in a cellar with other German officers of various branch, and I think it would be good for me to have them preform severe interrogation on him. He is an SS officer so you know how they will treat him already, war criminal, highest of the high on the chain,possible holocaust architect, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=c_SjWqF1Xc0

Have you seen this yet?

No but holy shit thank you

gen.lib.rus.ec/

This is called Moran's Doctrine. He was a major in the US Army and taught people how to interrogate Japanese POW's. If it's this civil for the Japanese it was probably similar for the Germans.

"Major Moran insisted on getting the prisoner in a safe place,
out of the war, out of the picture and begin talking human being
to human being in the prisoner's own language. This, Moran
labeled section one: attitude of the interpreter to the prisoner.
Second, he clarified the interrogators knowledge and use of
the prisoner's language. Moran was well aware of his critics
('self-styled "hard-boiled" people,') and was aware they would
"sneer" at his attitude. However, Moran prevailed. He taught
others to learn everything Japanese from "athletics, famous
places, department stores, eating places, etc." He demanded of
his students that they be of culture, insight, and resourcefulness
with conversational ability, even gags, but they must emote
dignity, a sense of values while being open, frank, patient,
tactful. Treat the man like a friend: does he have wounds that
hurt; is he tired, is he in need of something—all the while
remaining so far from the battlefield mentality that the interrogator
can joke about how absurd war is. Meanwhile, the student
of Moran was warned to keep his inner mind hard-boiled,
noting that "Deep human sympathy can go with a business-like,
systematic and ruthlessly persistent approach."
Moran would have found Gitmo "exactly against what we are
trying to do."

If you "emphasize that we are the enemies, to emphasize
that he is in the presence of his conqueror etc., puts him psychologically
in the position of being on the defensive." The
whole of Moran's teachings are beyond the scope of this essay,
but the author hopes he has made Moran's general philosophy
of interrogation clear. The Japanese were notoriously hard to
crack; Moran succeeded where others failed."

Keep in mind the thesis of the paper I got this from was that current interrogation techniques are too severe and that they weren't always like this.

This is halfway decent.

Pt. 1

"The mounting conquests resulted in large numbers of enemy soldiers and sailors being held captive in the U.S. One destination was a secluded, fenced-in compound hidden in the wilderness of the present-day Michaux State Forest. Agents assigned to the Pine Grove Furnace Prisoner of War Interrogation Camp used charm and trickery to convince inmates to divulge sensitive information, said John Bland, author of the "Secret War at Home." In 2006, Bland published the book through the Cumberland County Historical Society. His research into the camp made him enough of an expert to lead tours of what remains of its buildings on top of South Mountain. On one of the tours was an 85-year-old retired chemistry professor who once worked as an interrogator at the camp. "He knew German," Bland said. "He had escaped the Nazis before the war." As they walked, the man recalled the memory of pretending to understand the science of jet propulsion as relayed by the German POW."

Pt. 2

"The sly professor strung the enemy along getting what information he could even though it was an enigma at the time. When the war ended, the POW returned to Europe while the professor went on with his life in America, Bland said. Decades later, their paths crossed at a conference in Paris. By that time, the former Pine Grove inmate had gained some influence as a leader in German industry, but he never forgot the interrogator's face. A little more than 7,500 German POWs came through Pine Grove from late May 1943, when it first opened as an interrogation center, to November 1945, when the last inmates were processed for repatriation, said David Smith, a former historical society librarian. The campsite started as the Bunker Hill Farm, which supplied food to the local iron industry from about 1787 to 1913. At that time, the operation was sold to state government, Smith said. Pennsylvania then leased the land out as a farm until about 1925, when it stopped being used for agriculture. The site sat vacant until 1933 when the federal government established a Civilian Conservation Corps camp on the old farm to provide work for unemployed men and to repair the ecological damage caused by the iron industry. The camp operated until February 1942, when work began to convert the facility into an internment camp for German POWs."

And thank you A LOT, this site has a shitload of books that can provide excellent information. God bless you

Pt. 3

"Partway through the conversion a decision was made to use Pine Grove as one of three interrogation centers in the continental United States, Smith said. The POWs arrived in batches of 20 to 50 men on buses that had blacked-out windows. In most cases, they stayed in the camp no more than one to two weeks waiting their turn to enter one of the two interrogation rooms located in the former Civilian Conservation Corps forestry office, Smith said. If the interrogators discovered the POW had valuable strategic information, the inmate was transferred to Fort Hunt in Virginia for more in-depth questioning. The main purpose of Pine Grove was to segregate the prisoners into eight different groupings for shipment to other POW camps across the country, Smith said. Army personnel were separated from navy personnel. Officers were separated from enlisted men. The hard-core Nazis were removed from the rank-and-file Germans more likely to cooperate with the Allies. The fear was that the Nazis would intimidate the non-Nazi inmates into causing trouble within the POW camp populations, Bland said. He added that the prisoners were not at Pine Grove long enough to organize themselves into escape committees. There was evidence to suggest the intelligence agents assigned to Pine Grove would put German officers in the same room and then listen to their conversations, Bland said. "Recording equipment was up in the attic.""

And I think this should be useful too

Pt. 4

"It was believed one tactic of the interrogators was to put a collaborator in the same room as an uncooperative German officer and then let the two men drink alcohol, Smith said. Bland added another tactic used at interrogation camps was to bring in an imposter dressed as a Russian officer and then threaten to turn the uncooperative POW over to the Red Army for further processing. This terrified the German inmates because of the bitter fighting underway on the Eastern Front. Unlike the war in the West, the vast majority of Germans captured by the Russians died in captivity. The military police officers who manned the Pine Grove compound kept its location and purpose a closely guarded secret, Bland said. "They could not let people know what they were doing." Though local residents knew something was up, they kept their suspicions to themselves out of a sense of patriotism. "It was a war that everybody was fighting," Bland said. The inmates at Pine Grove were generally treated well, Smith said. Nine were selected to stay on as trustees tasked with important jobs. One took care of the horses while another was the camp barber. Later in the war, the Pine Grove camp housed 167 Japanese POWs. The trustees were the last inmates to leave the camp when it closed as an interrogation center on Nov. 28, 1945, Smith said. While enlisted men were assigned to work details, officers were not required to be laborers. Many of them painted artwork that ended up in the collection of the Cumberland County Historical Society. Pine Grove operated as a church camp from 1947 to 1972 when it went idle again. In 1975, the state held an auction where it required the successful bidders to dismantle and remove the camp buildings, Smith said. Remnants of building foundations remain. In recent years, volunteers have cleared paths through the old campsite and have marked important locations with numbered posts."

Dis good too. Man they were fucking terrified of a Russian transfer

You're a faggot. Did you find what you needed?

He writes well but yeah, he's still a faggot. A talented faggot.

Why are you acting like you know if he's a good writer or not?

Because I'm a faggot too man

I think that they were just captured then shot

If they didn't just shoot them on sight (pretty typical especially in 1945, the GI's didn't appreciate the SS executing civilians and especially not POW's on the regular) then they would have been taken back to the US and interrogated via, uh, well the topic is pretty covered actually. Yeah that's what would be most common to happen.

If you're talking about an interrogation on a battlefield setting it might be a bit more brutal, even Europe proper there's a chance he could be interrogated by some rather unsavory individuals, but outside a battlefield setting nothing approaching the level of serious physical harm. Maybe pain, a slap or something, but even then that would have to have been a pissed off and vindictive interrogator.
US interrogation techniques were very heavily against the use of torture, be it physical or psychological. Any cruelty on a POW was done for cruelty's sake, or perhaps desperation if say, the officer could stop an artillery barrage or something similar.

This is such a gay post. Why would you even reveal how much of a dumb faggot you are by pulling the trigger on this post?

No sources, no details, no examples, just vague speculation based on what you saw in a movie you watched with your dad.

Fuck off and stop bringing down the mean quality of this board.

/bait/

Yes torture was common but not for accurate information, it was for false confessions which is what torture has always been for. Basically all the defendants of the nuremberg trials and other war crime trials were tortured. This has been largely ignored by mainstream historians but the records are there.