Be American

>be American
>be living in the year 2020
>year 4 of Trump presidency
>the GOP has won the popular vote one time since 1988.
>controlled the White House 16/32 years
>won the "will of the people" one time in three decades, controlled power half that time

How. The. Fuck. I mean seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America isn't a democracy and we like it that way.

Most of you apparently don't.

Who is "we" and why do they like it that way?

Although I suppose you just showcased your bias in your response so don't bother.

t berniecuck

Most Americans do, but of course there are plenty of people living here who aren't Americans.

u wot

Repubes won the popular vote in 1988 and 2004

We do. Otherwise we would've changed it a long time ago.

>since

>median american voter
>having impact in public policy

That's kind of the point. We don't want the average faggot to have an impact.

Then "otherwise we would've changed it a long time ago" doesn't mean anything, unless you are part of the elite and by "we" you mean the people governing.

"we" means the country as a whole, not just individual citizens.

Because only a fraction of a fraction of the American population actually votes in the presidential elections, and only a fraction of that votes in the mid-term elections, and only a fraction of that pays attention to politics outside of elections, and only a fraction of that knows how the system works, and only a fraction of that has the will to get things done, and only a fraction of that has the power to get things done, and only a fraction of that has the intelligence to get things done, and only a fraction of that has the moral compass to get good things done.

>the median citizen doesn't have the power to change policy
>if the median citizen wasn't okay with this, we would change policy accordingly
Am i being trolled?

You're the one talking about "median citizens" whatever the fuck that means, not me.

according to polls 67% of americans want a change in the electoral college

will of the people =/= majority of voters at a national level

When you now a little bit about politics and history the "how" isn't very hard to understand.

lmao bra

Not real Americans but blacks etc.

Do you have any Irish or German ancestry by chance?

oooo I think this guys preparing a trap! He's gonna light this fool up with some historical jib jab DAYUM get ready for it!

>can't even get half of votes cast
>uses the term will of the people
I think OP was throwing shade at Trump's usage of "the will of the people" and the "silent majority"...more a counter to the claim than a confirmation of the Democratic party's platform as "the will of the people"

I do.

Yeah he's probably gonna peddle that horseshit myth that Germans and Irish weren't legally considered white or something.

>this fool
>totally some other person you guys

Yeah, right.

I was going to say that by authority of me, I hereby revoke your right to have any say over what happens in your country. Your opinion is now null and void.

Change it to average if the term median is too complex for you.

actually most minorities mostly responded "do not know"
a majority of whites also supported it, both before and after the election

It has nothing to do with being considered "white", you just have to be an out group.

The point is that you're fucking stupid for thinking that a person's opinion is nullified if they belong to a group you don't like.

Thats not what median means...

The original naturalization law stated that Americans have to be free white men, so it was by rule exluding non-whites.

Who gives a shit about the original law? The law has changed. It changed a long time ago. Don't peddle that appeal to tradition horseshit my way.

I'm aware. It doesn't change the argument and you seemed confused by the term.

>Who gives a shit about the original law?
I do.

They played the game by rules we all agreed to. I don't like trump or the electoral college either, but we've always known this was a possibility. Either change the laws before the election or accept getting burned like this. Speaking of rules, this thread is discussing events less than 25 years old.

Not him, but unfortunately for you, not very many other people give a fuck about your opinion. The United States government does not give a fuck about your opinion, and legally, all blacks in America are indeed "real Americans". All "real Americans" can vote, and the majority of them have expressed displeasure at the current means of voting for the president (the Electoral College).

Doesn't matter, they're still black.

As we've already discussed, by authority of me it's been decided that your opinion is null and void because you belong to a group I don't like. Please hand in your "allowed to have an opinion on your country's state of affairs" card.

I love you user

Politics is a humanity 2bh

Fuck off, you're not me. I'm

The GOP is better organized than the Dems.

>you
not me, i was just correcting you

what this guy said

This is really the core of it.

The GOP fights to win, the Democrats are too afraid of hurting feelings or appearing insensitive.

>t. Democrat

>muh will of the people

When will this meme die?

Everyone knew the rules before the election. The elections are played out by those rules. GOP doesn't waste money trying to win over fags in Commiefornia because they know it won't have an impact on their electoral vote numbers. If the rules changed and a straight popular vote decided the election, the GOP would increase their presence in cuckold states and you would see a different popular vote result.

Before this election all the liberals were quite fine with the electoral "literally impossible for a republican candidate to ever win the presidency ever again" college.

I'd say it's just the opposite: The Democrats the TOO organized.

The GOP is, and has always been, a loose coalition of people who could only agree on sucking corporate dick and some sort of loose appeal to American """""""Values"""""". I use the quotes because there's fifty different sets of values for every group in the consortium.

Trump exploited the Democrats power structure; sure, the Dems are a coalition to, but they suck all of the same dicks (corporate and patron wise; see the Clinton Foundation and how many politicians follow its siren song). He could lead them, and their media puppets, along by the nose and cornered them into a state where they could only react.

Had the Democrats not had EVERYONE back a single 70 year old crone who has been universally despised for the past ~40 years, they might have stood a chance.

>fags
>commiefornia
>cuck
Edgy literal boy in an echochamber aren't you?

Deliberately chosen stock phrases in order to broadcast my biases.
Did you have a point or anything to contribute?

>GOP doesn't waste money trying to win over fags in Commiefornia because they know it won't have an impact on their electoral vote numbers.
Neither did the Dems. Only ads I saw were on late-night tv and she had like one token rally here.

I still think they could have shoved Hillary down America's throat if they were halfway as aggressive as Republicans.

That's not new. The Democrats had control of Congress for almost every year between 1932 and 1994.

While I'm a Democrat who voted for Hillary Clinton, it's patently obvious that she ran an awful campaign which failed to turn out voters (or prevent Obama voters from flipping to Trump) in crucial Great Lakes states, deciding instead on a half-hearted effort to win over wealthy suburban Republicans. There were also some really retarded errors in the campaign.

politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547

>Everybody could see Hillary Clinton was cooked in Iowa. So when, a week-and-a-half out, the Service Employees International Union started hearing anxiety out of Michigan, union officials decided to reroute their volunteers, giving a desperate team on the ground around Detroit some hope.

>They started prepping meals and organizing hotel rooms.

>SEIU — which had wanted to go to Michigan from the beginning, but been ordered not to — dialed Clinton’s top campaign aides to tell them about the new plan. According to several people familiar with the call, Brooklyn was furious.

>Turn that bus around, the Clinton team ordered SEIU. Those volunteers needed to stay in Iowa to fool Donald Trump into competing there, not drive to Michigan, where the Democrat’s models projected a 5-point win through the morning of Election Day.

>But there also were millions approved for transfer from Clinton’s campaign for use by the DNC — which, under a plan devised by Brazile to drum up urban turnout out of fear that Trump would win the popular vote while losing the electoral vote, got dumped into Chicago and New Orleans, far from anywhere that would have made a difference in the election.

tl;dr how to snatch victor from the jaws of defeat

*how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Trump's campaign was fairly incompetent and chaotic but they actually paid attention to the electoral map. Trump extensively visited Wisconsin while Hillary never set foot in the state after the primaries.

Its a republic not a democracy

Democracies are overrated and stupid anyway.

>people actually stupid enough to keep spouting this

The United States is both a constitutional republic and a representative democracy. They are not contradictory.

If you unironically support universal suffrage direct democracy, you shouldn't be on this board

>51% controlling 49% is bad and evil!
>1% controlling 99% is great

they very nearly did.

It actually is.