Honest question

I have been working for six years as a developer and have saved $100,000 USD.

I didn't really invest in the market, mostly because I thought I was going to be buying a house. Now it looks like I probably won't be doing that for another year or so.

Until I discovered cryptocurrency, I did not think there was a very good way to invest my money. Now I see people doubling or tripling their initial investment.

If you were me, would you put every single dime of that $100,000 into etherium right now?

I can't sleep because I am thinking that I will miss an opportunity that could completely change my life.

Pic unrelated; it's from a kid I mentored earlier this school year.

Buying $100 at ATH. No... Wait for the dip.

Don't invest what you can't afford to lose user

Should of taught the little shit how to write in the past tense properly. That was painful to read literally made me stupid reading that shit. I seen Chinks with better grammar than that little fuck. Also did he write that shit on a boat cos his lines are wonky as fuck. Fucking funhouse mirror of paragraphs. And what's with the different colours is he flaming fag or something?

2/10 would not read again.

Put in 50K right now.

Hold until it reaches at least $300. Don't panic sell. ETH is in for the long run.

If you invested it all yesterday, you'd already have 125k today.

Don't invest what you can't afford to lose. Quarter that amount and work with the profits you may or may not make of it.

this is the unbeliavable thing.

you can literally put £10k in today and take out £50k tomorrow

its that damn volatile

It's a girl user.

Ok thanks I do see it's a long term holding which is why I'm really excited and can't sleep. It's obvious this is going places. I've considered other coins like dgb but most of them look shady and pump-and-dumpy.

Still waiting to be verified. Hurts like fuck. Every day is torture.

I could probably afford to lose 20,000 but then if it gets really big I'd be kicking myself for not have a vested five times that much.

I think I probably will go with my initial gut instinct invest around 20 to 25. I still honestly don't know what I'm doing but I need to get in before it climb any higher.

But The hardest part is cashing out

Tell me more.

What's the problem? Do they not let you cash out? Why would I bother investing then?

Not hard to cash out at all. Place a sell order. Receive a wire in 24 hours. Don't listen to that guy

Yeah I figured as much, the guys at the exchange get their fee so they're happy.

If I don't get verified today I might buy on localbitcoins. Is that a seriously stupid idea?

No, not at all!

no as in i shouldn't do it or its a great and trusted way of buying bitcoins on localbitcoins ?

you already have a life changing sum of money and you could easily lose it

try 10% unless you're a woman that can't stop themselves overspending

hindsight is 20/20, if you invest now 10% of your savings and you double it then it was a good move considering you did it in the dark

lel sorry- its a perfectly safe way to but BTC.

>you did it in the dark
BTC and ETH will continue to rise since the market cap is growing by 1 billion every day and it's not at 100billion yet, and this is an international, loosely regulated market

OP, the most important question is whether you have lost significant sums of money in the past, and what was your reaction. Making money in crypto is not so much about tech right now as it is human psychology.

I started putting small amounts of money 2 months ago, just $100, then another $100, then another $200... Made some trades, Ethereum also rose by itself, and over 2 weeks $1000 became $1600.

Then I went all in shorting LTC when it pumped, and lost $700 in a blink.

I've made a lot of stupid purchases in my life. Wasted thousands here and there buying shit I didn't really want or didn't feel like returning. But none of that felt as bad as watching my money disappear into thin air because I made a stupid choice. Felt like crap for a few hours after that... Then decided to never margin trade again, and just invest with caution.

At this point I put $6,000 in crypto, and my crypto assets are valued at $15,000. Got more money in the bank, but I'm fine leaving it there. There's Veeky Forums newfags who popped up literally 3 days ago and made much more riding the BCN, DGB and REDD pumps at the right time. There's also professional traders who make millions in the actual stock market, or billionaires who earn dozens of millions, hundreds of millions in passive income. There's always someone who's going to be luckier than you, who's going to be more ballsy and make more as a reward. Know your profile. Invest what you can afford to lose, psychologically. Buying at an ATH isn't so bad if you believe it has momentum, but don't go all in.

Get your feet wet with half a thousand to a thousand... Buy some ETH, play with it, transfer some to an exchange, a wallet, get familiar with the technology, the community, the bullshit and the actual value. Ramp it up over time. Once you feel informed, then comes the point when you can buy REP. It's going to moon this summer, screencap this.

I understand that there are risks. I'm actually pretty risk averse but long story short my dad died earlier in the year and now I'm thinking that I need to do something different rather than slowly accumulate cash from working a job that I would rather move on from. I'm tired of not taking risks.

I'm actually worth about 150k not counting retirement account, so 20k isn't the worst sum I could go with.

I'm honestly divided on whether it's a genius move to get in on this market now or a complete scam for hungry joes. I do think it's going to explode soon because of people like me, pseudo-normies who are seeing neets get rich and want a piece of the action. Good time to get in if that's the case. But another Mt Gox situation or something like it could cause it all to come crashing down.

Put 90k into DGB and 10k into ETH (as backup).

Good advice. I'm usually the person who researches the fuck out of something before buying it -- took me 6 months to decide on a cell phone because I didn't want to overpay for the features I wanted (Axon 7 btw). I think I'm falling for the hype here a little because I feel like I want to make a change from my current work situation, or at least having the freedom to leave my job if I want. I can see that's a dangerous temptation for me.

A month, no, like a week or two ago before I found out about crypto I was going to get into the stock market. Then I realized that this is the hot new ipo after I saw where eth was going. Didn't want to give my personal info to the exchanges at first but then said fuck it this weekend and tried to get verified with Gemini Coinbase and Kraken. Shit, Coinbase has my security questions to my checking account, something that should and does bother me. But I compromised because I figured that's why this market is great right now... Few people are willing to jump through all the hoops, they're normie filters.

Thanks for the tip on REP btw.

>90k into DGB

Research technologies that sound good and have a competent team behind them. MaidSafe is an example of a good idea/technology that could be worth a lot if it hits but there has been a lot of questions raised about the dev team.

Thanks, any places I should be looking to start my research?

LMao dat ending.