Does anyone else relate with the Haka? I'm not a New Zealander, but it feels so powerful and genuine...

Does anyone else relate with the Haka? I'm not a New Zealander, but it feels so powerful and genuine, even after the Maori.

Anyone else feel me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yiKFYTFJ_kw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In my school we had a ton of different Polynesians on the American football team who did it every game.

Idk I just associate it with meat head jocks.

>tfw you will never be pre-colonial polynesian
>tfw you will never explore the seas with your bros, discovering new islands and satiating your desire for adventure
>tfw you will never drink kava with your bros after a long day of sailing and fishing then sleeping among the most beautiful places on earth
why live bros?

Before the British Empire, it is a rather impudent and grotesque display and it is nothing compared to the art, science, and might of Europa. It's just an uncivilized dance, easily waved away by the hand of progress, blown over by the winds of change, and ought to have drowned in the colonial wave if not given a life raft by hopeless romantics.

I'm a kiwi and yes it is an extremely powerful and evocative form of dance

Our army regiments each have their own haka that they keep private, which is cool

For some reason American sport teams seem to like doing it and that feels wrong

No, it isn't. An atom bomb is extremely powerful and provocative. The Haka is a joke, just like in this movie where the equivalent of Haka dancing warriors dismantled a planet destroying super weapon. It's a pitiful display and primitive relic that makes me laugh compared to my rifle and sidearm.

Is your Fedora tipping so fast that it exists in some sort of quantum state? Just how high are you on your farts right now?

You mad? Guys like Elliot Roger intimidate me more than some pathetic culturaly-appropriated soccer dance.

>R E A L H U M A N B E A N

Kind of. I grew up in an area with a ridiculous amount of Samoans and Hawaiians due to a nearby army base, and when I was in fifth grade, some Maoris came on a cultural exchange and taught their fellow Polynesians the haka. It became a thing they did in addition to the other traditional dances that would get performed for events and other things.

It's become kind of a meme thing in the US lately, but the way I was introduced to it was as a powerful from of Polynesian social solidarity.

>U mad bro?
No, I just find pretentiousness pathetic.

Gay shit, I loved when the Turkish basketball team walked out when kiwis were performing their homo dance.

SO U BE SAYIN WE WUZ MAORIS N SHIT?

>No, I just find pretentiousness pathetic.
Ha!! Implying the Haka isn't a pretentious or ostentatious display?

Nah its a bad ass war dance and you are just sad your culture has nothing even halfway as intimidating

Dunno about you, but I find unmanned drones that can kill thousands while the operator is sitting in some air conditioned office far more intimidating than some guys dancing around in shorts.

You must be fun at parties

It might be an affectation for whites but it is still a fairly long tradition for them also within a sports context. Nowhere near as pretentious as this overwrought fartsniffing:

It's not intimidating at all, it's outright goofy and retarded.

>>>/reddit/

It's a pretentious show of force by a band of tribals making futile gestures in defiance of assimilation and their own senescence, now appropriated by a soccer team whose ritual makes a sad mockery of the supposedly noble savage. It's a pity such unwarranted ostentatiousness is permissible, where before in a game, Americans shook hands before raising a fist. You're just mad that you can't speak quietly, but carry a big stick if people don't listen. The haka before the game is an example of New Zealand's pettiness stemming from their feelings of inferiority. Stay, mad Kiwi.

>tfw you haka with the bros before some friendly ruggers at the local park

kek, hate to admit it because most maoris are pretty chill but this

youtube.com/watch?v=yiKFYTFJ_kw

Notice the quiet dignity of the French team, of a nation many times more powerful than New Zealand and accused of all manor of pretentiousness and cowardice, lock arms in a show of camaraderie and self-respect before the Haka in a game that levels the playing field to the savage. It's as though the team of Kiwis doesn't realize it's a game and gloats all they can over the coming win.

What the fuck do you keep going on about fart sniffing for when you defend a dance only slightly more coordinated but every bit as disgusting as poo flinging chimpanzees?

Sounds like someone needs some kulturkampf.

shamfu dispray

I could easily beat you up. Like, it wouldn't be a struggle. I'd batter you into a pulp. it'd be really funny lol

orly? mfw.

>Piri wee poo

Its ridiculous and funny to watch. To think it was considered an intimidating dance by some... kek.