Titanic was a botched insurance scam

Have you seen this?
youtube.com/watch?v=gRvMPc1KuJQ&

I recommend the full doco, but you can watch from 46mins to get a good summary, along with the best of their evidence.
I'd definitely call myself a skeptic, for most topics, but this is rather compelling.
Someone throw me some information to discredit this.

It hit a fucking iceberg you retarded faggot. Do you think the insurance company towed that iceberg out to sea themselves?

Yeah, it did. Watch the documentary.

>iceberg season on north atlantic
>needing to tow an iceberg elsewhere when they were pretty much guaranteed to see at least couple of them

How hard is it to avoid hitting an ice berg anyway on a ship ostensibly staffed with experienced professionals specifically looking out for it?

Really tingles my testes...

>Can see the mic in the first shot

Come on lads

As they learned on a cold dark night in April 1912, no moon, and surface of the ocean as smooth as a millpond, very difficult.

The two lookouts Fleet and Lee were too high up and lacking a pair of binoculars that they were supposed to be equipped with.

I suggest you read Walter Lord's "The Night Lives On". It explains it clearly and rationally. There was no conspiracy.

>evidence
Kek.. don't be fooled by this hack job of a "documentary" made to make the flimsy nonsensical "evidence" look legit. No serious Titanic scholar entertains this theory because the evidence discredits it so completely and overwhelmingly. Only the ignorant and uneducated (those tend to go hand in hand) like to debate it and they can think of nothing more pleasurable than dragging people down to their level about it.

Lol... a poorly made 'Wag The Dog', Titanic style.

>using the flagship of your passenger ship line on its maiden voyage with the elite of Britain and America onboard for an insurance scam
>not using any of your other major liners for this
>not using its fucking sister ship that had recently been dethroned as flagship for this

This "theory" is fucking retarded.

To expand, typically if you're doing an insurance scam you don't canvass the media with coverage of your ship to bring more and more attention to its opulence and your company's service.

The conspiracy theory in OP basically is:
>olympic gets fucked in collision with hms hawke, they deem that it is now basically useless and can't be insuranced
>they switch it with its sister ship titanic, with titanic going on and serving next 25 years as olympic and with the real olympic getting sunk as the titanic so that white star line can get those precious insurance moneys and dispose it out of public sight
>something goes wrong with and the staged sinking turns into a real catastrophe because californian isn't there to pick the people up

Pretty weak theory desu 2/5 tinfoil caps.

What the fucks it matter everybody involved is dead by now

That is so unbelievably retarded I don't know where to begin with it. Give me like 15-20 minutes.

>ships in the same class being identical

Just what fucking board do you think you're on?

Why are you even on this board if you think like that?

let me guess, this picture is held up as "evidence" of the swap?

>Olympic is involved in a significant collision and is deemed a total loss despite being able to return to Southampton under her own power
>Lloyd's of London refuses to insure a ship for an accident that resulted in no injuries or deaths and left the ship still afloat
>White Star Line decides that the ship needs to be disposed of
>instead of just having it sunk on the way back the shipyard in Belfast with no passengers onboard and blaming it on the damage it already suffered they hatch a plan
>they will disguise their almost-completed new flagship as their old one
>use time magic to somehow speed up its completion by months to have it take Olympic's place
>return the "Olympic" to regular sea service
>with Lloyd's of London insuring it now for some reason
>wait a few months for the "Titanic" to be completed
>hold huge media blitz for their new flagship
>get a full compliment of passengers and famous people on board for the maiden voyage
>get insurance for their "new" ship again
>send it on its way
>have it strike and iceberg and sink in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean despite how damaging this will be for your company's reputation
>have over 1500 people die because the OTHER ship you hired to immediately come to the rescue of the scam you were conducting in front of thousands of uninvolved people didn't

Yes. This makes PERFECT sense.

Watched all of it.

It's interesting but makes very little sense.

Wasn't this dreamed up by Maddox in response to Loose Change? Conspiracy theorists being completely lacking in irony then stretching everything to fit the made up theory?

The fucking Jews did it.

t. pic related

...What the fuck happened to the OP of that post? I must fucking know.