BlCk Irish

Sup
I've been told that I'm a wee bit black Irish. What does that mean though? The little research I've done has been controversial to say the least. Does Veeky Forums have anything solid to offer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vZNEloGC1oI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milesians_(Irish)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WE WUZ LEPRECHAUNS N SHIET

okay just wanted to get that out of the way

Whenever somebody mentions Irish history, it's best to just roll your eyes and pretend to listen to them, and then slowly zone out.

Literally the biggest meme history in the whole of Europe, even more so than Andorra.

Then I guess it's a good thing for me and my pride that I'm predominately German.

Even worse. Literally killed 6 million Jews. Wtf is wrong with you?

There can be only one!

pls tell me more about andorra.

Ann Dora was my first girlfriend.

Black Irish is just being Celtic.

Celts have black hair

Black Irish is due to the hair colour. Not skin colour.

t. irish dude

Black hair, blue eyes I think

>not knowing that the ireland used to be a black kingdom until evil english took over, exterminated the native population and replaced them with white pretenders

Stupid white cishet shitlord.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post..

The myth and reality goes like this:

>Milesians come to Ireland from the Mediterranean circa 1500 BCE
>They are Phoenician/Iberian Celts
>ruddy complexions, black hair, brown eyes
>Later the Vikings come and make red haired blue eyed rape babies all over the island
>Flash forward to the early 20th century
>Irish nationalists go back to mythology to remind everyone that the real Irish people look like Italians and not snow niggers

>Phoenician/Iberian Celts
I meant to say OR.

It's a myth. Nobody is sure.

The black irish are the real irish people, they were from Hispania therefore they are mediterranean master race

Trips, so it must be true.

samefag here
NOICE map that shows what I was trying to describe.
PRAISE KEK

The British viewed the Irish the same way they viewed their negro slaves. It is only because a clever enough Irishman can pass himself off as white that they eventually assimilated.

Black Irish

Viking snow nigger rape baby Irish

who's that moor?

Black Irish is Ulster Loyalist tier WE-WUZZING

Ireland was an irrelevant little island that were good at fighting but only for other people. Good at writing too.
And some of the best in history at memeraiding warfare.

Other than that, they don't matter. Didn't, and never will.

black Irish can be to things

1. Someone with black hair.

2. These lads
youtube.com/watch?v=vZNEloGC1oI

Black Irish here. black hair, brown eyes, look like a Spaniard.

Ironically the legend is a form of WE WUZ THE SPANISH ARAMADA AN SHIEET. Although it's been proven to be untrue.

Its people with black hair and dark eyes

Well it's not Spanish Armada bullcrap but the irish raided northern Iberia, Portugal especially and slave trade wasn't unusual. I mean heck, one of our saints was born in Portugal.

>Bog niggers
>Heroic
Finnegan's Wake is quite good.

WAY WEER

>LMAO VIKING RAPEBABIES

Are you people fucking dense

There were like a couple thousand Vikings in Ireland at any given time and they were regulated to their own ethnic enclaves. There was very little intermarriage. A big clue to this is the kind of Norse loanwords we find in Irish. Lots of stuff corresponding to crafting and maritime activities but basically nothing involving agriculture or homemaking.

This is the same fucking nonsense that people spout about Egyptians. DEY WUZ SECRETLY BLACK BUT THE EVIL AY-RABS RAPED DEM OUT OF EXISTENCE. It's obvious bullshit and doesn't hold up to even a moment of scrutiny. Vikings had basically no impact on Irish genetics at all.

The whole "black Irish" thing is just normal genetic variation that occurs in a population. Some Irish people are pale, some Irish people are darker. The whole thing was never called into question before Irish immigration to America, which should probably tell you something.

>grandparents were pale
>their daughter, my aunt, was born with dark hair and skin
>two of her children were born pale while the third is dark like her

They're the devil's children user. Purge the unclean!

3 main groups in Ireland

1) The Basque-like Iberians -- these are the Black Irish
2) The Celts, these are the most numerous Irish most likely
3) The Viking-Anglo rape babies, not that many of em desu, very little genetic impact

The Celtic invasion theory has been discredited for a while now

Yeah this is all old myth shit.

>In the Lebor Gabála Érenn, a medieval Irish Christian pseudo-history, the Milesians (Irish: gairthear Mílidh Easpáinne) are the final race to settle in Ireland. They represent the Irish people. The Milesians are Gaels who sail to Ireland from Iberia after spending hundreds of years travelling the earth...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milesians_(Irish)

What's interesting historically is that late 19th century/early 20th century Irish patriots and nationalists pushed the myth and 'black Irish' vs 'red Irish' thing along with the Irish language and culture.

That's why we have this mythological historical hangover today.

No it hasn't. What has been discredited though is the idea that Irish are descended from Iberians.

that's even worse

Just spent a week in the Cayman Islands and holy fuck every black person there has an Irish name.

ya boi cahill

It's because among the negro slaves were alot of irish slaves. And then well slavery was looked upon like shit do and they were free. So the irish lad fancied them some choco and taaadaaa.

fuck off anglo trash.