What would a German - American Cold War have looked like?

What would a German - American Cold War have looked like?

Nazis collapse from rock and roll music and herr himmlers failed implementation of thor worship

>Germany doesn't own switzerland
???
They were planning to invade them

Italy was p happy with pre-war fascism tho
now they also get cheap vacations in africa
what's not

what's not to love*

>Reichskommissariat Ukraine
>Ukraine
Wew.

Even more hilariously and retardedly one sided.

>Even more hilariously and retardedly one sided.
How would Germany be weaker than the USSR? They weren't communists so that would even boost their chances of winning

Hmmm. This got me thinking. The reason why the Soviet Union was at such at a disadvantage is because it was pretty much cornered into one part of the world by NATO and its allies. Sure they had China, N.K., and the Warsaw pact to back them up but relations with China were always shaky and The Warsaw Pact countries were only good at being meat shields for the Soviets. The USSR knew they stood a good chance of being btfo if they ever used military force.
However in OP's scenario I think the roles would be switched. With Nazi Germany being in control of the Eastern Atlantic the U.S. would have difficulty establishing influence in Africa and the Middle East. Without the strategic resources these areas contain I think the U.S. would probably have to go on the defensive. Defending the Western Hemisphere against Nazi influence while at the same time maintaining its own.
Assuming Japan still lost the war in OP's time line I think the U.S would have had an easier time but still at a disadvantage.

Thing is the continent would be massively underpopulated, with Germany embargoed by whole world, nearly completely cut off resource and on its way to get nukked by usa

Also the Nazi economy was arguably shittier than the Soviet economy because at least the Soviets only relied on stealing from their own population to stay afloat instead of stealing from rival countries.

Probably would have happened before WWI, with a bunch of proxy wars fucking over the majority of Europe in its stead. Would basically function like a German-English Cold War, except the British would only be propped up in fights murrica cared about.

>Embargoed by the whole world
The only country that would have the resources to blockade Nazi dominated Europe from the rest of the world would be the U.S. Even then I don't think the Kriegsmarine would have just stood their idlely while the U.S. just camps off their coast. Even if the U.S. Had hegemony over the Atlantic I don't think they would have a strong (if any) presence in the Mediterranean preventing Germany from having access to African resources. Plus the fact that turkroaches don't want to be gassed; would have allowed Germany access to the Middle Eastern oil fields.

You have a point with the depopulation, what with all the genocides that would have followed in the event of a Nazi victory. However I don't think this would be a problem for them. Less people means less chance of rebellions. A lower likelihood of rebellions means the Germans don't have to spread their resources all over the map guarding conquered territory.

>When does Germany get nukes?
>What happens after Hitlers death?

>what happens after Hitler's death
Provided that Hitler did not retire (which he actually planned to do), Göring would succeed him if still alive at that point.

Hitler had designated him as his eventual successor and he only fell out of favour later during the war. With the war won, he still might be Hitler's heir. But if Hitler died and did not give up power voluntarily, we might have a soviet style squabble between the key players Bormann, Goebbels, Himmler and Göring.

Anarchy most likely. Hitler obstructed the line of succession.

>Nukes

Not until the mid 50's at the earliest. The difference is that the Soviets had a spy program worth a shit, and the Nazis never did.

Only deluded wehraboos can trick themselves into thinking Germany has any viable route to the bomb before America.

>b-b-but muh heavy water

>When does Germany get nukes?
Late 40s to early 50s would probably be a good estimate. The nazis had their own nuclear research unit, just as the soviets did.

Joe-1 was mid '49, and I really doubt the Nazis can get there as fast as the Soviets did after stealing all of America's nuclear secrets.

I honestly think Nazi Germany would collapse even quicker than the USSR, their settling of the east already had dissappointing results during the war and their economy was not sustainable definitely not during a stalemate that a cold war would be, most of its empire would be in revolt and it would need to divert resources too much to fend off America. I honestly can't see Germany getting out of this victorious

Plus they denounced general relativity as 'jewish physics' great way to cripple yourselves guys.

I don't exactly know how foundational this knowledge was, but I concede that you have a point there. German nuclear research was however further advanced than the Russian one at the end of the war. It's hard to say how much of the puzzle was still missing though.

Their nuclear facility burned down though, of course the point of divergence in this althistory would be way before that
Also the Nazis were terribad at espionage.

Aryan physics was a fringe project without any official sanction. It was a stale meme by two jealous Nobelists.

This. In addition to the weakness of the Nazi economy, Germans have had a long history under liberalism and are unlikely to have tolerated the kind of absolutism the Gommies could get away with in Russia. Imo, the Nazi state would collapse once Hitler died, most likely under the mis-management of a "German Gorbachev".

I think Göring would fit that role perfectly. Though I'd see him more as an unholy mixture of Brezhnev and Ceausescu.