American cultural domination and view of history

It's crazy how the current American domination of media has lead to a violent overrating of England/Britain through history

A very noticable effect of that is the retarded belief that English has always been the international language through history (when it has really only been the case since WW2)
In movies that features different languages set in the 16th, 18th century or WW1, you see Spaniards, French or German address Brits or each others in English like it would occur nowdays instead of Spanish or French like it was really the case until WW2

The worst case of all being the movie pic related
This piece of shit prides itself in the use of different languages to add realism, yet it makes English the language of international communication between crusaders
English was irrelevant as fuck during the Crusades, even "English" nobles barely spoke it since their native language was French 90% of the time
The language of international communication was Latin btw (or French when between French and "English" knights), not fucking English
Even German was more relevant than English

Weird thing it is, that an English speaking country might film their cinema in English.

What the fuck.

Why don't you go to film school and make your own shitty movie, Frenchie?

Are you retarded?
That's why I specified
>In movies that features different languages

If the movie is fully in English to appeal to the audience like in Gladiator of Troy, I don't give a shit
What bothers me is when they try to make the shit "realistic" by adding different languages and then anachronistically make English the language of international communication

Sorry, I couldn't be fucked to read your wall of text. So you're saying you're just autistic, then?

If they did that there would be no English in these movies.

You're either autistic or French, because this is something that shouldn't bother any reasonable person.

I'm not French though
The French are guilty of this too
I once watched a French film about WW1 that featured different languages (called "Joyex Noel") and the French, Germans and Brits talked to each others in fucking English, although French was still the european lingua franca in this era (remember the "chiffin de papier") and literally no one but Brits could speak English in Europe before WW2

That's how poisoning US cultural hegemony is, even non-Anglos are fooled into overrating Brits (and the movie I mentioned in the OP is Swedish btw)

>A very noticable effect of that is the retarded belief that English has always been the international language through history
I've literally never encountered a single person who believes this.
>This piece of shit prides itself in the use of different languages to add realism, yet it makes English the language of international communication between crusaders
It's a fucking movie made for English-speaking audiences, no shit most of the characters speak English in it. Do you also rage that everybody speaks English in Star Wars? Are you literally autistic and do not understand conceits in fiction?

It makes people believe that Brits rather than Americans made English relevant
Anything that gives false beliefs about history to the mass is annoying to me

>Europoors

You type like you're French.

>The French are guilty of this too
You mean they made movies where characters speak French so their French audiences can understand them? Yeah how dare they. They should have everybody speaking period-appropriate languages even if only maybe 20 living people would understand them without subtitles so that it doesn't trigger your autism.

Honestly the only thing I dislike about Americans and their media is the brainless Britbooism. They even take this to a retarded level when all of the upper class / aristocracy / kangz in a movie speak with a posh British accent even if they're first century Romans or the French during the revolution.

Not sure what it means to "type like a French"
I'm not a native English speaker (although I doubt it's noticable in my post), but I'm not French, nor do I speak their language
Latin alphabet isnt my native alphabet but I think I master it pretty well

Proof that too much /int/ atrophies the brain.

you do relize that they dident have the time nor money to learn every actor to speak latin, i think that is preatty easy to understand

Then simply make the english knights speak french, cause you know, that's what they actually did speak.

It's as if they want to make the movie more appealing to the wider audience. Why would people who want to make money trying to make their product more appealing? it's ridiculous.

>You're a moron.

lol, i dont think two guys from england would speak french to eatch other

>i dont think two guys from england would speak french to eatch other

Richard lionheart, the most famous """english""" crusader didn't even fucking live in england, nor was he able to speak english. Now I do not know what was the linguistical situation among lower nobility i.e, knights but I'd wager they were probably able to speak french as well.

>They even take this to a retarded level when all of the upper class / aristocracy / kangz in a movie speak with a posh British accent even if they're first century Romans or the French during the revolution.
How should they talk? The US doesn't really have class based accents, while the British ones are easily recognizeable to most Americans. Their use aids in characterization, which is more important than historical accuracy unless it's a documentary.

i dont think lower nobility would speak french to etchother when both are nativ english

Except "English" nobles (the ones that crusaded) were mostly Frenchmen

The Germans were bootyblasted by the fact French and English knights always conversed in French, that's why they created the German speaking Teutonic Order

>Wow this was a shit film for many reasons let me read what OP has to say.
WAAAH THEY USED ENGLISH! ITS AS IF THE FILM WANTED TO PANDER TO A WIDER AUDIENCE.
>Gets out of an obviously French Salt thread.
But hey, here's a (you), lyl, >H>R>E Eternal Anglo Amirite? honhonhon.

?

When exactly does Arn take place? By the mid-late 12th century the Anglo-Normans would have mostly been English speaking.

Story of the last Samurai was largely based on Jules brunet a French officer who was supposed to westernize the jap army.

I get that producers need to get a broad audience. But they could at least make a little tribute to the original characters at the end or the biggining of the movie. Or maybe give the mobie character a similar name as the real one

I understand what you are saying but the sad fact is that very few people care about historical accuracy. Hell I would much rather watch a great movie that butchers history than a good one that is super accurate. So since so few people care about history then other factors are more important like making the main consumers of the media feel comfortable

That's bullshit though
English didnt became the official language at the English court until the 14th century
Lionheart himself couldnt speak a single word of English

Doing some research on the Crusades will learn you that the languages among crusaders were Latin, French, German and Italian
No mention of English language is made anywhere

>all these people meme ing without even trying to understand what OP is saying

Most people don't watch movies to be educated, just entertained.

Because the Anglos inherited the earth and their target audience is themselves and they are suppose to find the good guys relatable. That's why the protagonists speak English while the durkas speak whatever durka language they speak. French sounds gay as fuck when it's spoken by men too.

>French sounds gay as fuck when it's spoken by men too.

As a German, I find French much less feminine sounding than English
Except when it's French spoken by a Brit of course (which is often the case in Anglo movies with French characters)
The fact they have a strong gutteral R like us (instead of the weak ass W sounding English one) is one of the reasons

Weird, it's almost universally accepted here that French sounds very gay

I've only ever heard that on the English speaking internet
Must be related to your rivalry with them
Here in Germany we don't have this stereotype

No rivalry with them I'm not British, I'm Mi'kmaq Canadian. Some of us speak French too. It's just known to be very effeminate.