Alexander Dugin

He's officially a professor of sociology so analysis of his philosophical or sociological thought belongs here.

What does Veeky Forums think of his work? Love it? Hate it? Indifferent?

he really puts an effort on looking like Rasputin

He unironically uses the chaos symbol from 40k as his logo so he is LARP-tier edge core.

His rabid anti-westernism turns me off but he's matured a lot of it from his earlier days. His 4pt book is interesting. The guy himself is pretty whacky though.

He triggers liberals, leftist and nationalist equally which is remarkable.

Weird that he'd use an emblem developed by the eternal Anglo he despises so much.

racist esoteric bolshevik who reads Evola and religious history, why donĀ“t we proclaim him as the king of /his

At least National bolshevism is aesthetic.

king of the edge

This has always intrigued me.

Tragitional russian beard =/= Rasputinist image

Why do you dislike his antiwesternism?

Whats racist about him?

Because his reasons aren't always true.

I had a skype call with him. I asked him a question and he kept on rambling about something completely unrelated. He seemed very slow to me.

GW got it from a series of earlier novels and the 8-pointed star / swastika is a very old symbol.

White nationalist here, he's not one of us I can tell you that much.

Also, Richard Spencer is promoting his new book on Heidegger for some reason.

I think Dugin and Spencer are friends or acquaintances.

Care to explain the content of the call?

a wire conference during a symposium on eurasian politics.

Interesting.

Spencer's wife is a Russian Tatar (if I remember correctly), and is the English translator of Dugin's books.
I am sure that Dugin is sponsoring Spencer and his groups.

He literally wants to ban chemistry and the internet, he's a nutjob.

He advocates using the internet and new technology to further eurasianist goals though, so I take it this is be a long term goal (if it still is).

>Racist
You have never read one of his works right?