Who were the best pirates Veeky Forums?

Who were the best pirates Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Every
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That Chinese chick.

Somalian

Indeed, that was an apt and true reply which was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride, "What do you mean by seizing the whole earth; because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, while you who does it with a great fleet are styled emperor".

Undoubtedly the Barbarossa brothers. One of the most successful pirates in history, not very fearsome, yet very powerful.

"That chinese chick2
Anonym does not even know Mulan

????

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE

this guy

Serbs

A strange republic of Serbian pirates arose at the mouth of the Narenta. In the 10th century description of Dalmatia by Constantine Porphyrogenitus (De Administrando Imperio, pp. 29-37), this region is called Pagania, from the fact that its inhabitants had only accepted Christianity about 890, or 250 years later than the other Slavs. These Pagani, or Narentani defeated a Venetian fleet in 887, and for more than a century exacted tribute from Venice itself. In 998 they were finally crushed by the doge Pietro Orseolo II., who assumed the title duke of Dalmatia, though without prejudice to Byzantine suzerainty.

Sayyida Al-Hurrah

andalusian refugee > pirate for revenge > queen > overthrown > ???

Black Bart took over 400 ships in his short time as a pirate. He wasn't the most superlative, but he got shit done.

Edward Kenway took down several Man of Wars with merely a Frigate so he was pretty skilled as a captain.

The Royal Navy

The king of pirates Henry Avery of course.

Wasn't he that pirate who had links to that ancient cult?

No fictional Chinese cartoon characters please

Drake or Koxinga

Illyrians

>he doesn't know about the real life king of pirates
Maximum pleb
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Every

The Barbary pirates at their height received tribute from the U.S navy

me when i don't pay for music ever

That's Barbossa, a character influenced and based on Barbarossa. Many characters in the franchise were inspired by real life characters.

The Mycenaean pirates, who are the most likely perpetrator of the subjugation and destruction of the Minoan civilization on Crete, and who sieged and destroyed Troy.

Does anyone here know of Klaus Störtebeker?

was pretty successful in the north sea.

>ship looks like a skull

REALLY made me think

Zheng Chenggong, Alias Koxinga.
>Fought the Manchus, lost, but took half of the Ming navy with him as his personal army. Fucked up the dutch bad in Formosa and threatened the shit out of Spain in the Philippines. Established the Kingdom of Tungning. Raided the shit out of the Qing China/Philippines with no consequences. Died a king and national hero to 3 countries.
Cheng I-sao.
>Leader of the biggest pirate fleet of the 19th century. Was only ever beaten by being paid off. Retired a wealthy woman.
Henry Avery
>Stole the fucking treasure boat of the Mughal Emperor. Scourge of the Spanish treasure fleets in the Caribbean. Retired a wealthy man.

It's Not like troy was a big deal compared to other cities They took

Why are so many pirates Welsh?

is monke iland?

MADE YOU THINK

Nice try AC shitposters these characters were made up for Assassin's Creed 4

>Manchurian faggots decide to overrun your dynasty
>sail to Formosa
>kick out the Dutch pussies
>establish a kingdom to build your base for the goal of reconquering China for the Ming
>show the Spaniards what happened to the Dutch, tell them they're next
>may have actually been able to do it but nobody knows because you died early due to sickness

Koxinga was based as fuck

Iliad and Odyssey are a pretty big deal though senpai

US government for safe passage of merchant ships as it was cheaper to pay rather than send a warfleet, Barbary pirates got rektumfied once they overstepped their boundaries

Source? actually interested here.