Always browse in Veeky Forums but understand jack shit in every thread. what do i need to learn to get in the loop...

Always browse in Veeky Forums but understand jack shit in every thread. what do i need to learn to get in the loop? is this a hobby/full time thing you do? I have access to lynda.com to learn anything that might help
>get rich die tryin

tldr; teach me everything to become a Veeky Forumsman

Other urls found in this thread:

coinbase.com/join/56d7b398a59f9f007a000333
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sell things.

Whether that be a service or something you purchase.

What is it that you want to learn.

how to make money or at least understand how to make money. im sure there are different things to understand but it all seems the same from glancing over different threads. im ready to learn boss

how to make money off of bitcoins or whatever methods everyone at Veeky Forums talks about in case im not clear

you can try to make it a hobby, but it'll likely consume you

there's just so much fucking money in this

some general tips: 1. NEVER chase the market
2. NEVER chase the market
3. NEVER chase the market

This applies in both directions. If a coin is going up, you most likely will end up buying at an all time high if you chase it.

If it's going down and you have it, you will panic and sell it. Then you will watch in horror as it slowly goes back up in the next 24 hours.

Also, EVERYTHING is controlled. The "crashes", the rises, all of it. The sooner you get this into your head the better a trader you will be. Do not follow the market.

And after typing all this, I just realize you might have no idea how to even get started in crypto lol

Okay so lets start with bitcoins.

There is 2 coins that are the safe bet: BTC and ETH. The amount of money these are worth will seemingly keep going up little by little. These are safe coins.

Then we have other types of coins called altcoins/shitcoins. These coins can offer some tech that solves a problem which gives them value. These are the penny stocks of crypto, and allow you to buy a load amount and if they go up in value, you can make some decent profits.
The safest portfolio you can build is 70% ETH and 30% alt depending on how much money you are putting in. If you only throw in $50 lets say, then you could just use all of that for altcoins and try and double/triple it in a few hours. If you are throwing in around a few thousand, thats when you keep a safe amount in ETH/BTC and put the rest in alt.

As said above, DO NOT CHASE THE MARKET. It is better to miss a ride then buy at ATH (all time high) and lose your money or be stuck bagholding (holding the coins). You buy low, and sell high. BUY LOW AND SELL HIGH IS THE MOTTO OF CRYPTO. NEVER STRAY FROM THIS, THIS IS LAW.

If you see a coin drop in price by alot, that can be a good thing. Buy it low and wait however long it takes for it to be profitable. You don't need to be daytrading to make money, holding can make you more but takes patience. The second law of crypto is to have STRONG HANDS. DO NOT HAVE WEAK HANDS. You will NOT sell at a loss, you break even or make profit. I put $300 in a crpyto a few weeks ago, it went even lower and made my $300 worth $100. My hands stayed steel, and I waited. My time came and I sold for $800. THIS IS A GAME OF PATIENCE. ONES WITH PATIENCE MAKE MONEY OFF THOSE THAT HAVE NONE.

AMA more that you require to know.

actually on that note
I been wanting to get into crypto
where is the best site to start with?
some people say to just go to Coinbase and buy some ETH to hoard and some BTC for exchange with other altcoins

1. Make an account on coinbase
coinbase.com/join/56d7b398a59f9f007a000333

2. Connect your debit/credit card and buy ETH. ETH transfers faster than BTC so thats why you buy ETH.

3. Make an account on a few exchanges, such as Bittrex, Kraken, and Polo. Bittrex is my preference, and you could be safe with only using one.

4. Move your ETH to that exchange.

5. Turn the ETH you want to trade with into BTC, then trade that BTC for altcoins.

How do you move your eth from coin base to , say, bittrex? How do you export it

When you purchase ETH it will go into your coinbase ETH wallet. You can click the send/request tab on coinbase and itll ask you for the email or address.

On exchanges, for instance Bittrex, you can click the receive button (On bittrex its the + sign in your wallets tab) and it'll give you the wallet ID.

Copy and paste that ID into the send on coinbase and hit send. Then wait for it to go through. It will take a few minutes or longer depending on the stress.

MAKE SURE YOU SEND ETH TO THE ETH WALLET ID ON EXCHANGES. COINS SIT IN THEIR RESPECTIVE WALLETS, CANT GO INTO DIFFERENT ONES. SENDING A COIN TO THE WRONG TYPE OF WALLET WILL MAKE THE COIN DISAPPEAR.

That's solid fucking advice. Did a ton of research the last couple of days. Dipping my toe in the water with a 50$ ETH buy on Gemini. Fucked up and didn't look at Veeky Forums or the ticker before i bought, but got lucky and bought at the bottom of today's dip.

Considering playing with some alt-coins to learn the process of trading/diversifying. I might deposit more cash before that. $50 obviously isn't that much.

You'll want to get your feet wet and get the feel of trading altcoins before putting a lot in. $50 can turn into $500 in a week once you got the system down to turn luck into a sort of skill. Also to note, Veeky Forums is both solid and awful advice mixed at the same time. Sometimes you can catch rides or hints of things early, but you can also be lured into putting money into something so someone can cash out while you lose. There is A LOT of pumping and dumping that goes on in altcoins, dont get caught halfway up the ride and get dumped on if you want to trade more frequent and don't want to hold long term.

Additionally, if you catch coins when they are low and the ride starts and the price has went up and you've tripled your money but feel greedy and want to see it get higher, sell enough to make your money back and keep the rest in there to gamble on if it goes even higher and makes you more money. You won't lose anything this way and makes it a lot safer than keeping in everything and it immediately going down quickly and you lose.

If you sell at 2x-3x and make that much, never feel terrible if it goes even higher. You still made money, you and everyone else couldn't predict it would keep going even higher. Do not let it influence your next trades because you could get caught with your pants down.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up and advice man.

I studied the stock market several years ago, doing paper trading on penny stocks. I found I had quite a knack for it, but just never had some extra cash back then like I do now.

Now I just need to work on my patience.

Coinbase is having CVN errors like mad so you can't add a credit card right now.

interesting advice. How do I get started? The user here is already linking to a site and naming a few others to trade. how do I know this website or any other one he listed isnt a BS site luring me to add my CC info in? I truly dont know where to begin. I saw a general thread a moment ago(where i probably should of asked instead of starting a thread) and the page OP listed seemed like a good place to start but the excessive meme content made me uneasy to take advice from.
I'm interested in dipping my toes in the water but I cant even find the lake

That post you are referring to is me as well. Coinbase is the number 1 place people buy bitcoin/eth from. They've never scammed me, and I've never seen anyone that has either. Alternatively you can buy bitcoins with paypal if you are truly scared, but the rate is ridiculous. For instance, you could try and buy $1000 worth of bitcoin from someone on localbitcoins but only be buying $700s worth cause of the sellers fee. Coinbase is very safe, they make their money from a .2% fee and being the #1 place to buy, they are raking it in with that small fee from thousands of people and they wouldn't jeopardize that by scamming someone of their card details.

Just fyi, I created my account and I've had nothing but trouble with getting my ID verified.

It really doesn't make me feel too confident about this scene if that is supposed to be one of the best sites for beginners.

Same story for bittrex, cant get my account upgraded. No feedback, nothing.

Also created an account on Kraken, and it doesn't even send me the account verification e-mail. This is some serious bullshit.

Coinbase is having issues with CVN errors as said by This annoyed me as well as I wanted to add my other card to buy $500 worth yesterday for a coin that dipped but I couldn't and missed on more profit.

Bittrex, all you need is basic verification which is just your name, birthday and address. You can upgrade it if you want to use more money.

Kraken takes awhile for some reason. It always has. Never been a fan of Kraken. Bittrex is my main exchange, but having verified accounts on other exchanges is always good in the case of a coin popping up on one of those that isn't on any other exchange (bittrex).

I use poloniex and it allows you to do a lot of trading with very little ID procedures. I probably used a different deposit path than you would though, kraken etc didn't exist

This looks looks a good thread to ask this.
I went into crypto a few weeks ago, I'm still new but I already made 50 bucks with btc alone. It's small but it's a start, plus I work all day.

How can I dump more money in btc / eth ?
The credit card rate of coinbase is too much, je and I dont really trust them to use the direct transfert, what's a good plan to invest 1000+ € in btc ?

Every website you can buy eth/btc from will give you some sort of rate like that, coinbase is the smallest I know of however. Direct transfer is very safe on coinbase, I have mine set up that way even though I pay with credit for instant purchases, but I understand you being hesitant considering it is your bank account. My opinion may not be worth anything to you, but direct transfer is very safe as thats what many use. A big seller of btc wouldn't ruin themselves by scamming someone would ruin their security they've established with their customers.

Besides that if it still scares you to much, your only way really is to turn what money you already have in btc/eth into more btc/eth through altcoin trading or doing services which pay in btc/eth

When you say sold for $800 you mean converted back to FIAT through one of the websites, coinbase kraken etc? That's the part I personally can't wrap my head around. As far as cap gains go is it safe to keep the usd in those web accounts the problem is when you transfer the FIAT to your bank?

In an semi related note
Is Lynda any worth it?

the exchanges you gave your govt identification to, it's probably in your best interest to report. coinbase has a tax report it can generate. otherwise, if you keep your wallets where big brother can't see them he won't know about them.

true, thank you

I personally don't cash out almost at all, the only times I do is if for some reason I need the money for a big purchase like a new graphics card or payments for something. When I said $800 I meant $800 worth of btc, but turning it into FIAT isn't hard either. You can actually make more if you have a good amount by selling on websites like localbitcoins. You sell your btc to people, and can charge a fee and make $200 extra off $1000-800. These people give you cash, you give them bitcoins.

You can also just reverse the process of buying them, and sell them back to coinbase.

If you want to store your btc like a crypto bank, you can buy a flashdrive and keep a wallet on that flashdrive that holds all your coins you want to store. The data of those stay on that flashdrive, like your bank.

The only issue with converting btc into FIAT is taxes. They are classified the same as stock money, and you'll get taxed for whatever you made from BTC. If you don't want to pay taxes on it, keep it as btc and buy with btc. But if you want the FIAT, get the FIAT and pay the taxes on it. If you make about $2,000,000 though, the taxes will destroy that but you'll still have made a pretty penny.

Does localbitcoins take any kind of govt ID from you or is it possible to use a burner paypal account or something of the sort. FBcash, snapcash etc?

Last thing, I've seen that you have to report USD gains on converting one coin to another is that true or is it only when you sell a coin for FIAT?

You could just use paypal to receive your money, yea. I don't believe you have to give them any ID.

Also, cryptocurrency is considered capital gains. Even if it isn't FIAT, if uncle sam knows you made more money, you have to pay taxes on it.

Thx, guess I'll have to wait a bit for now.

>Even if it isn't FIAT, if uncle sam knows you made more money, you have to pay taxes on it.

dumb follow up Q, by made more money you mean ended up with a different coin worth more USD since that's what sam likes to spend

If you have one btc worth $2000 (in this scenario)
and buy $2000 worth of another coin worth .50 and that coin doubles in value, you made $4000. Which is a $2000 profit, which big brother can tax.

you have $4000*

You trade that 1 btc worth $2000 for $2000 of another coin worth .50*

Wanted to rephrase that a little. Getting a little tired so I'm getting sloppy.

This board goes like this:

>NEET dreams of becoming rich
>invests in crypto
>founds out that the DCE steals a fee, along with the state in order to convert to fiat and put it in the bank
>"ah shit panic!"
>shills on Veeky Forums for crypto in the hopes of getting a 40% increase in value (lol) to cover his losses/transfer fees
>buys miniature model lambo

And this lads, is what you type FUD to and nothing else.

>Currently setting up Coinbase account

Options are to link my:
>Bank Account
or
>Debit Card

What would you guys suggest?

Card is instant, so I'd recommend that.

Bank account transaction indicates it's for "Higher Limits"

How high are we talking?

I'm thinking of getting into my initial trades with around $1,000

Your limit on card starts at $1000 weekly, which can increase.

If you are looking for short term gains you just gambling. There are some people who are looking 10 years+ into the future. I will never sell until I can change my life with my coins. I am not looking for quick gains its too stressful.

coinbase is legit been using it for years. But never keep your coins there. It is not a bank and it will get hacked eventually.

>It really doesn't make me feel too confident about this scene
Sry bro no one is here to hold your hand this is the wild wild west you haven't even been on a russian exchange yet. lol

I'm glad this thread exists.

If I want to bite into something that is shilled on the board, is it a bad idea to set up a sell order for my initial investment at x2 gains, I mean immediately after buying?

If you can't watch it and/or not willing to set an alarm if the price reaches a certain height then there is no shame in that. Even if it goes higher, it can dump and you'll have missed your chance on the gains.

My strategy has always to be set a selling point.
If the stock/crypto-meme has the potential to rise above, I would convert a quarter/half/3 quarters into liquidity

Nigga,

when you read something you dont understand either ask for what it means or the concept, or google it.

First google it.
What are you, a baby? Go spoonfeed yourself

I have a good bunch of money I don't need right now. (Around 5k €, can go up to 10k)

What would you do in my stead ?
Invest it all right now, or wait or simply invest a smaller amount ?
I have tried a few hundred, and made money, but I would have made much more If I wasn't such a pussy.

What are the advantages of cryptocurrencies over stocks?

I got started yesterday - my coinbase ID got verified within a minute or two. Same for bittrex, poloniex and coinfloor (britbong coinbase).

still can't add a card to Coinbase because of the CVN error though. thank god for coinfloor. god save the queen.

I found that the limit on my debit card (UK) was "raised" to £375 after I'd completed enhanced verification.

(that's if I was able to add my card in the first place)

What do you think about a strategy of putting a "reasonable" (to you personally) amount into safe bets like BTC and ETH, and then having money that you're willing to lose go on altcoins?

I want to buy and hold too - we can be the Warren Buffets of crypto kek - but short term gains in this market are almost... *almost*... guaranteed if you spread capital across a few altcoins. What you lose on 4 coins will be made up and then some by the gains on the 5th, no?

One advantage for beginners is that, unlike stocks, you do not have to buy a full unit of crypto currency. Being able to buy fractions of a coin makes it much easier to get started, as you can follow others on a smaller scale.

I'm planning to make my first investments soon, but I have a couple of questions:

1.) Is coinbase worth it ? I intend to buy about 100 euros worth of bitcoin with a pre-paid credit card ( I would use a debit card but I'm not sure it will work in my country, and I don't want to give my ID) and then use these bitcoins to buy ethereum and other smaller coins. Is this a viable strategy ?

2.) What exactly is a wallet ? How do I transfer the coins I got from an exchange to a wallet ? What's a good wallet for non-US people ?

I have a quick question also : What does the "market depth" page in all the market exchange is useful for?
I'm not sure how to use or to see this graph.

I've saved about £20k through my job over the last 2 years. I've never invested on the stock market let alone the crypto market, but I have learned the theory, read a couple of books on investing, learned how to analyse charts etc to a basic level.

Still though, I want to buy a place to live in the next 6 months. I was going to buy one this week but then decided to look at how crypto was doing and found we're in the midst of a potentially landscape altering coming-of-age for crypto, and the apartment can wait 3 months haha.

I'm not investing the 20k into crypto though. I've decided on the following plan:

5.5k into crypto as follows:
-2,5k into BTC
-1k into ETH
-2k into altcoins for the gainz

If BTC halves, ETH halves, and the altcoins all fail miserably I'll have lost £3,750, allowing me to still buy my apartment in the next 6 months and have my usual self-employed safety net out of what's left in my bank account. It'll take me the next 3 months to earn that £3750 back from work, which isn't an unreasonable amount of time to resign myself to if this doesn't pay off.

If my investments do well and I make money, I'm prepared to put another 4.5k in (bringing my total up to 10k out of my 20k). If this then still goes horribly wrong, the money I earn over the summer will bring my total back up to a point where I can buy my apartment in winter and still have about 6-7k in the bank for emergencies.

The moral of the story being, if I was stretching my finances to put 10k in (like you from the sounds of it), I'd stick with the 5k for now. However, it'd be interesting to hear other anons' thoughts on that.

Hope that helps you user, but it's only my own personal strategy. Decide what works for you and let us know what you go with.

>Experienced buttcoiners critique my above plan pls

Step up the crypto game, add me on skype: cryptoanna

I can't tell you anything about coinbase because I've never used it but if you're not from a major country (like me) do a small research on local options to buy. I luckily have a dealer in my country from which I can securely buy bitcoins via bank transfer

Coinbase is available in my country though, so I guess I could try it out.

You also get 10euros in free bitcoins so it's a plus