Political Systems

>Direct Democracy
Majority of people vote for the subjugation for the remaining number of people. Majority of people can vote to remove freedoms of the rest of the populace and the future freedoms of their descendants, therefore rendering future majorities who are against such laws obsolete as it has already passed into law.

>Representative Democracy
You vote for individuals who will gradually erode your privacy and vote in laws which will negatively effect you in order to protest themselves and garner more profit.

>Constitutional Monarchy
Logically inconsistent. Especially in the susceptibility for monarchs to be manipulated in old and young age and the strange necessity for a parliament to exist in restricting a monarch implying that parliament is of higher knowledge or rationality yet simultaneously maintaining the monarch.

>Autocracy (Absolute Monarchy and Dictatorship)
Inability for citizens to properly affect change and express their opinions, can be open to brutality in order to maintain established order and too easy for it to be abused by a corrupt individual. Leads to instability when revolutions are formed or coup d'etats resulting in many deaths. Also suffers from the previous problem outlined or susceptibility in young and old age.

>Technocracy
Far too reductive. Forgets that scientific methods and knowledge is always changing and to base laws and decision-making on science is too reductive as it is constantly in a flux and changes based on new evidence and methodology or lack thereof and is too flippant in its denial of ethical and moral philosophy.

>Anarchy
Reduction in the standard of living, open to abuse, tendency towards acting like a state whilst rejecting such a title. Unlikely to be considered by the majority of people as they are unwilling to give up a level of living they have worked towards. Essentially requires individuals to organise and engage in communal tasks, allocating resources etc. which is significantly more difficult than having a state and more difficult to deal with considering current population levels, could result in chaos, famine, starvation and a multitude of other problems.

>Meritocracy
How is this measured? Too subjective.

>Theocracy
Problems exist for obvious reasons, don't need to measured out.

Wtf, all of these systems are shit!

protect themselves*

I propose a new system, everyone kills themselves except for me.

Christian Anarchism is the only true ideology

Crawl back in your grave, Tolstoy

What if we just combined them all and see what happens?

So far I like the Swiss experiment.
Recently they have:
>approved limitations to refugee intake
>soundly rejected basic income (moronic idea)
>soundly rejected inheritance tax initiative
>soundly rejected minimum wage of $25/h
>soundly rejected abolition of compulsory military service
>rejected anti-nuclear energy proposal
>banned minarets (funny)

if you think about it, even though direct democracy allows for radical change (in the economy, culture and politics), the fact is most of the population does not want radical change, at least in Switzerland.

This.

Actually the biggest and most retarded meme is that every system is equally app,icable to every culture or race.

Who pushes that meme?

Fucking everyone for some reason. From neocons through communists and libertarians and basically everybody thinks if everyone adopted his stupid system it would make wonders.

Arabs or Russians for example literally cannot even function as a society in western style democracy. People like Australian Aboriginals or Inuits have trouble comprehending the concept of currency or wage labor so pushing them into capitalism is the equivalent of giving a blind retard a driver's license. Americans are so opposed to a monarchy that some of them literally stockpile guns in case some ruler starts calling himself a king. Etc.

>He's surprised that no one system works perfectly for all people in all places and times

I want Kantaboos to fuck off

The correct solution is balkanization. Countries small enough that everyone knows and trusts everyone else and it's unrealistic to get smaller. Maximizes social cohesion, allows for personal choice because if you really want to you can move somewhere else, albeit without being fully ingrained in society.

until one starts taking the rest over

>>Direct Democracy
>Majority of people vote for the subjugation for the remaining number of people. Majority of people can vote to remove freedoms of the rest of the populace and the future freedoms of their descendants, therefore rendering future majorities who are against such laws obsolete as it has already passed into law.

I guess Brexit really is going to fuck us over in the long run once the dust settles...

>hey guys I have found a super new pure ideology that will solve everyone's problems, ppl do this, then that, then this and then everything turns out just fine and dandy ;)
ok, what if they don't do this and that, how will you stop corruption
>you.. you don't get it, didn't you hear me? people who follow pure ideology don't do that, all corruption is due to an evil boogeyman that goes away when people follow pure ideology xD

it's about choosing the least shit famallarino, rousseau had a totally wrong perspective of things

Why would they want to do that?

Which do you consider the least shit?

Limited democracy is best system.

Robocracy, machines that cant be influenced by chemicals make all the important decisions thus preventing corruption.

This still falls to the reductive problem.

Who decides what is programmed into the robot?

It's not uniform is its a canton by canton basis. Also it's still has flaws.

>Direct Democracy
Doesn't work that way, theres something called concordance type government and other checks to keep things fair.
>t. Swiss

Not really. Colonial governments thought Africans couldn't comprehend wage labour but actually the governments had no grasp on human behaviour or the locals economic culture and needs.

He never mentioned Africans.

>Not a single person ITT refuted OP

Here's a a refutation, then.

>You vote for individuals who will gradually erode your privacy and vote in laws which will negatively effect you in order to protest themselves and garner more profit.
Not a problem of the system, but rather of a faulty constitution. Can be fixed with reforms.

I'm using an example of one subset of people thought of being unable to ubderstand something like say wage labour.

Completely different case. Africans at least had agricultural societies and labor specialization while the Eskimos were just hunters until very recently.

>Can be fixed with reforms.
[Citation needed]

> Anarcho-capitalism
Literally none cons. But if you violate the NAP you'll be nuked :^)

Just give your politicians less money lmao

Make politics a career for the inspired, not the greedy.

Is this faggot mod really gonna delete the "worst US presidents" thread for being /pol/ material but leave up a thread about political systems?

That didn't matter to the colonial authorities though.

There was no wage labour and the colonies needed to make money so under the belief that they could not understand wage labour since most didn't take to it or left a soon as the contract was over because most Africans undertook subsistence labour (then the authenticates simply not getting that there is no reason to under go wage labour when THERE"S NOTHING TO BUY with said wages).

Forced labour was often undertaken as a way to force people to partake of labour since according to the popular belief of the time "there's no way you can actually get the natives to work for you under their own will" so forced labour was used as a way to extort said labour for extremely low wages.

>2155438
Yes Yes he will

Fuck do I care about colonialists, they were wrong about this period. Stop trying to shove your victim complex everywhere.

Both threads should be allowed up as they historical.

The crazy thing about Rousseau is that he makes so many great insights and then follows them to idiotic conclusions

The problem is that we view these systems as mutually exclusive and zero-sum, rather than cyclical representations of the will of the people. Democracy is created by strong virtuous societies, then naturally devolves into vicious hyper-egalitarian fantasy lands. The fantasy cannot sustain itself, the bubble bursts, the people are full of sloth and greed and envy and pride, and the only way forward is a totalitarian order maker like Augustus. The divisions we create are illusory, all political systems bleed into one another

user I'm just saying an example of a one group that was thought of being able to partake of certain systems but turning out they can and thsi has happened countless times for a people being thought of unable of doing x but rendering those conclusions wrong like how the Confucian work ethic and culture would clash with capitalism.

Stop trying to blow this up.

those were federal referendums

and who will decide how much money politicians get?

that's right, politicians themselves.

And I'm telling you Africans are a completely different folk than Inuits.

and that was thought of Africans and East Asians though as well.

>Vote for me! I will give myself a raise!

Yeah, great strategy

>people thought A was B but it turn out to be C
>therefore X, Y and Z is C

I'm sorry my man but you're retarded.

Spartans had the perfect government.

>Technocracy never been tried

Actually, if I was going to say anyone had a technocracy it would be the Chinese.

They are an autocracy but they don't have dictatorships like they did with Mao. Basically, it helped them with the transition issue by making it so the leader could overpower the party. In essence you get very well educated people running the show with PHDs in engineering and so so on.

Not a true technocracy but close as we can get.

Powah

>perfect
>faded into obscurity

The Swiss are rich and educated