Can we talk about Australian Aboriginals?

Can we talk about Australian Aboriginals?

Being blunt, what notable achievements did these people hold before meeting the British? And long term,
what would you suggest Australian policy to be? Assimilation? Leave them be?
Educate me, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bT1j6WXCTQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They managed to not go extinct, like most other non-Anatomically Modern homnids did

Killing off half the population of monstrous animals that resided in Australia with boomerangs

Boomerangs
Diggerigoo

Australia should deport them to Africa .

Some of them forgot how to make fire, which is a pretty fucking big achievement in my opinion.

>Being blunt, what notable achievements did these people hold before meeting the British?
Survived in Australia

Honestly the most impressive thing to me to was reaching Australia by boat 40000 years ago. Which is legitimately impressive. Beyond that it is hard to judge because they left so little behind, and people's views are skewed by the fact that only the aboriginals on the remotest lands survived unassimilated.

those would be the tasmanians

Well, from now on they are joined at the hip to the settlers who came to australia. Especially since they breeded with each other here and there.

So whatever Australia achieves, they are apart of. From now until forever.

As if they needed help being drunk and sleeping in the road

She's pretty hot.

>Someone starts a thread about Aboriginals
>At least 10 replies with no /pol/ memes or mentions of petrol huffing
Bravo, gentlemen.

>1st-world standard of achievement

How about living and being happy and not having pigskin neanderthals come over and screw it all up?

Well one cool thing is that unless I'm mistaken, some researchers have found that they have a near 100% accurate oral history. That stories told by the current generation matches almost if not exactly to the ones told by earlier generations.

how would they be treated by negroids?

would they be considered long lost twin brothers reunited?

would they be out of place and not fit in due to their different blackness?

This is a myth
As an aborigaboo I'm both shocked and extremely happy
Well seems to me everyone I've shown pictures to say they look like black people with straight hair.

I can say walking around there is an overlap with like the 2% of black folks with heavy brow ridges.
Well Australia is the only continent to be systematically altered intentionally for the benefit of human and human prey.

After the mass extinct of megafauna the formation of grasslands from what was once thicket increases the potential calories per unit of land, this maximized carrying capacity without unsustainable amounts of inputs while also providing maximum levels of biodiversity by creating.mosaic patterns of disturbance.

Ultimately the aboriginal populations were creating climax environments that would hold them into perpetuity most places in the world can't say that.

But even more extraordinary was the mass aquacultural complex in Victoria that was public works of sorts. Made from lava rock and communally owned it provided year round subsistence, sedentary living, substantial homes and dense human populations.

All in complete isolation.

>But even more extraordinary was the mass aquacultural complex in Victoria that was public works of sorts. Made from lava rock and communally owned it provided year round subsistence, sedentary living, substantial homes and dense human populations.
>All in complete isolation.
Some sources would be nice.

wow they do look like blacks w straight here
slightly indian too

so pic related wont get bullied and shunned for looking like a freak amongst negroid african tribals?

>that woman is actually sexually attractive to me

W-what the hell? Is she pure Aborigine?

>After the mass extinct of megafauna the formation of grasslands from what was once thicket increases the potential calories per unit of land, this maximized carrying capacity without unsustainable amounts of inputs while also providing maximum levels of biodiversity by creating.mosaic patterns of disturbance.
impressive word salad

Fuck no, they aren't the same race as us and haven't been for over 50,000 years.

They look somewhat similar to black people because they live in similar areas. But those big ass brow ridges make it clear they aren't the same. If anything, Torres Strait Islanders look more like black people than Aborigines.

That guy looks half Asian. And he would, because he's not African. You guys have to understand, black Africans are even more xenophobic than Asians.

He looks more like western indonesian than eastern indon.

Google "Lake condah eel"

i'm pretty sure she's not... they never are. crossbreeding is the shit

Dude it's not word salad it's climax ecology

No not really. Except black south africans, they kill other Africans for being foreign.

so australoids would be shunned by negroids because of the frankenstein browridge?

he is actually australoids from india

here is a pic of a "caucasoid" australoid from papua

youtube.com/watch?v=bT1j6WXCTQY

its funny cuz there are a few tribes of imported negroids in pakistan/india that still retain all their african traditions/culture/dress while surrounded by australoids

The didgeridoo and the boomerang are the only achievements of those savages.

>"caucasoid" australoids

Given that boomerangs have been found outside of Australia you can drop it from that list.

None had the returning boomersng

For some times I do think some Papuan/Abo do resemble Caucasian.

But how pic related come into existence?

Only now are we starting to understand Aboriginal intellectual and scientific achievements.

The Yolngu people, in north eastern Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory, long recognised how the tides are linked to the phases of the moon.

Back in the early 17th century, Italian scientist Galileo Galilei was still proclaiming, incorrectly, that the moon had nothing to do with tides.

Some Aboriginal people had figured out how eclipses work, and knew how the planets moved differently from the stars. They used this knowledge to regulate the cycles of travel from one place to another, maximising the availability of seasonal foods.

Many groups in northern Australia use a calendar with six seasons, and some groups mark the seasons by the stars which are visible during them. For the Pitjantjatjara, for example, the rising of the Pleiades at dawn (in May) marks the start of winter.

Many stories exist where the heliacal rising or setting of stars or constellations are used to tell Aboriginal Australians when it's time to move to a new place and/or look for a new food source.

The Boorong people in Victoria know that when the Lyra disappears in October, to "sit with the Sun", it's time to start gathering her eggs on Earth. Other groups know that when Orion first appears in the sky, the dingo puppies are about to be born. When Scorpius appears, the Yolngu know that the Macassan fisherman would soon arrive to fish for trepang.

It has been suggested that some stone arrangements in Victoria such as Wurdi Youang at Little River, may have been used to track the equinoxes and/or solstices. The arrangement is aligned with the sun at the solstices and equinox, but the age is currently unknown.

There are also rock engravings by the Nganguraku people at Ngaut Ngaut which, according to oral tradition, represent lunar cycles. Unfortunately, most of the Nganguraku culture (including their language) has been lost because of repression by Christian missionaries over a hundred years ago.

Eurocentric ethnocentric anglo writers said they were protocaucasoid and thus the women were fit to assimilate.

They look bad now because of malnutrition.

So aboriginals are good star gazers and calendar makers?

Maybe if they had a bit more contact with outsiders over time, they would have went in a similar direction as the Mayans.

Is there any evidence of contact with Polynesians?

why are they more prone to mental illness and suicide than the non-indigenous australian population

>what notable achievements did these people hold before meeting the British?

they literally ruined Australia ecologically. Must have been braindead for a long time.

who cares

There was no known prehistoric contact between Australian Aboriginal people and New Zealand Māori, although the Māori's Polynesian ancestors were accomplished navigators. The first Māori known to have visited Australia travelled to Sydney in European trading ships from 1795 onwards.

The Encyclopedia of New Zealand implies that after the Maori arrived in New Zealand in the 1200s, they continued exploring the ocean to the north and east of New Zealand, but after several centuries gave up long-distance seafaring:

Shortly after their arrival in New Zealand in the 1200s, Māori continued sailing over open seas, landing as far as the Kermadecs and the Chatham Islands. In 1777, two Māori sailed aboard Captain James Cook’s Resolution . . . They were the first Māori to venture beyond New Zealand’s shores for many hundreds of years.

As the above map shows, the colonisation of the Pacific took place in disparate stages. By the time of the Polynesian expansion, the early Australians have inhabited their continent for tens of thousand of years. While there are evidence of more recent cultural contact, for example the introduction of the dingo to Australia (perhaps 10,000 to 5,000 years ago), nothing is known about any such relations.

Thank You for This post, Ape of Naples

Fuck Coil.
Thanks for your kind words tho.

Bundjalung Aboriginal people from the coast of New South Wales crushed tea-tree (or paper bark) leaves and applied the paste to wounds as well as brewing it to a kind of tea for throat ailments. In the 1920s, scientific experiments proved that the tea-tree oil's antiseptic potency was far stronger than the commonly used antiseptic of the time. Since then, the oil has been used to treat everything from fungal infections of the toenails to acne.

Concoctions of emu bush leaves were used by Northern Territory Aboriginal tribes to wash sores and cuts; occasionally it was gargled. In the last decade, leaves from the plant were found to have the same strength as some established antibiotics. South Australian scientists want to use the plant for sterilising implants, such as artificial hips.

Kangaroo applet was used as a poultice on swollen joints. The plant contains a steroid which is important to the production of cortisone.

None they are wild animals.
Blacks would ruthlessly massacre them, blacks can instinctively sense when you are not a nigger thats why they instantly cant hate mulattoes.
>Ultimately the aboriginal populations were creating climax environments that would hold them into perpetuity most places in the world can't say that.
Native Americans did this but more intelligently.

You're a retard if you believe that about Africans

Native Americans and Aboriginals both tended and altered environments in mosaics with intention and intelligence.

You sound 16

>Aboriginals
>Intelligence
Natives are at least human, Abos are stupid apes who are barely above a chimp in cognition, the only reason you think they arent is because they can use tools better than chimps.

Rwanda Genocide, blacks can ruthless murder eachother over ethnic differences if you are a different race your ass is dead.

is why we need to genocide minorities otherwise they will genocide us
minorities are such ruthless apes man

No Europeans created the Tutsi and Hutu races. They literally made people tutsi based on cattle ownership and or.height.

You're a dumbass.
Except they created the largest stonework aquaculture for stone age and even bronze age people

>muh white people do it too
Your question was

"Can blacks murder people mindlessly based on race alone?"

I answered it now shut up.
Tutsi and Hutu are the names the african tribes gave eachother, they are also ethnic groups not races you retarded fuck.

Not to mention their astronomical/astrological observations leading to conclusions the West wouldn't draw until after contact with these cultures.

i think blacks are biologically incapable of being tolerant
unlike the most tolerant race in the world

>ethnic groups not races
Like either of those categories have any kind of real meaning.

They were first and foremost a class that people married in and out of.

European administrators and pseudo anthropologists recorded racist ideologies and used this to actively undermine Hutu and Twa peoples.

Why would anyone want to assimilate them. They are not needed for anything and I am against any sort of assimilation aka race destruction.

they weren't annoying colonizing pricks, and minded their own fucking business

Yes they do an ethnicity is a subdivision in a racial group.
>racist ideologies
No Hutu and Tutsi hated eachother long before white people entered their territory you know shit about Africa, you must an African American because only they are this stupid on Africa.
So tolerant that we only genocide races as a last resort, black genocide races all the time back in Africa.

>People think abbos look african
Are you literally retarded? Is normalfag facial recognition that bad?
They really don't look alike other than dark skin, but that's enough for you retards I bet.
I guess that's where the concept of whiteness comes from. Retards with shitty facial recognition and only see skin color. Different European ethnicity are also distinct to me, when I care to pay attention to the distinctions. Wouldn't mistake a brit and a german.

>and minded their own fucking business
No they attacked Australians settlers and ate them, they are savage stupid animals.

>it was last resort what the nazis did
also >we
are you an abo, because you are that dumb and primitive

Your concept of """achievement""" is blatantly ethnocentric, anthropocentric, and outright retarded.

that's a very "clever" shillpost

Yeah, those boongs should have known their inferiority to the white man and preserved Australia ecology so the white man could ruin it himself!

While I wont use buzzwords like that guy, it's not exactly fair to judge other cultures based on your own.

For example, native Hawaiians had their own system for a very long time They did not "own" land, and this lack of ownership pretty much lead to whites taking power from queen Liliuokalani. To this day, Hawaiian families still squabble over land/property ownership under the foreign system.

that guy used "anthropocentric" to imply Australians aren't human

There were permeable classes of people and no it was not outright hate on a racial level but rather a disdain of farming and the people who farmed

Genocide was never common, people warred and assimilated. When Europeans introduced rinderpest Maasai assimilated into Kikuyu at times for example.

Stop with the eurocentric world view. The Catholic and protestant churches actively pitted the groups together and created static impenetrable racialized groups

Blacks routinely massacre other blacks for whatever cultural and social reason they can find.

Native Hawaiins are idiots who gives a shit what they think.
>Genocide was never common
Entire tribes being slaughtered for no reason was very common in Africa you truely know nothing about blacks at all except buzzwords.

Blacks are savage apes they dont need a reason to kill people they just look for excuses

>I MURDERED YOUR FAMILY BECAUSE YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN WE ARE THE SELEKA AND WE WILL MAKE MUSLIMS THE DOMINANT GROUP IN CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
>HURR WE THE ANTI-BALAKA CHRISTIANS WILL STOP YOU!
>ITS NOT LIKE WE ARE DOING THIS JUST AS EXCUSE TO MURDER, RAPE AND PILLAGE TO OUR HEART'S CONTENT OR ANYTHING.

Lmao.
And european wars weren't whites massacreing other whites for whatever cultural and social reason they can find?
And you don't even have the privilege of saying that white people grew out of it because WW1 and WW2

That's not what a buzzword is bud
A buzzword is like putting the prefix "Eco" on a product for no apparent reason
Lol, I'm just saying that human "achievement" is nominal when compared to life in the bigger picture and making it into a pissing contest like this is narcissistic masturbation.
>so we can think symbolically?
Big whoop

>Entire tribes being slaughtered for no reason was very common in Africa
Can you post a single source to back that up?
It's really unsettling that your hatred is based on things you've literally made up to justify hating them.

I wasn't talking about white people, I was talking about blacks. And I'm not even white.

What the fuck do you mean by "maximising carrying capacity without unsustainable amounts of inputs"? The way word it implies that the aboriginal competed in grasseating with megafauna and the megafauna's extinction made them always have enough grass.

Let me clarify myself here
There is an apparent reason for buzzwords and it is to create buzz.
I can see how user could confuse my rhetoric for buzz prior to me giving my exigence for using the word 'anthropocentric'
Probably all very obvious but I felt like typing this

>public education
Climax ecology IS word salad
We have been post-equilibrium for like 40 years.

That being said I didn't read your OP so don't count me in on this argument.

Guys.
Can we talk about abbos and their culture or lack of it and keep niggers outside?
>niggers bring waste even to abbo threads
>truly a scourge of the world

No. When they first arrived they killed megafauna but burnt shrub because grazers provided more food than browsers. About 12kya during a cooler wetter period scrub dominated the nonarid parts of the continent, fire was used to recreate grassland and open savannah plant communities to benefit kangaroo

Literally every kind of human routinely slaughters other, closely related humans for bullshit cultural and/or social reasons.
Blacks are not exceptional in this.

Actually grass-brush-fire- grass is a naturally occurring disturbance regime that happens independently of humans
The more natural capital in the system(brush) the more likely it is to catch fire.
Equilibrium really isn't a thing, ecosystems are dynamic.
I'm terribly excited to see someone else talking about ecology doe.

So your point is what exactly? Why do you have to bring up other groups when I was talking specifically about how blacks would treat Aborigines?

Sorry, mistook you for >Genocide is bad
>So lets genocide innocent people because there might be some among the group that would want to genocide us, maybe

While of course natural fires do occur it's important to recognize the intensity and spread of the fire is very important to keep mind of. Some plants thrive in huge fires with high fuel loads where as mosaic patterned "cool" burns are more characteristic of complex niche ecologies that provide various kinds of conditions for many more kinds of plants. This was quite perfected on a continental scale in Australia.

There is very little evidence to support "blitzkrieg", the colloquial name in academic circles for the aboriginal driven extinction of megafauna.

Pure meme.

You are contributing to it user.

>Are you literally retarded? Is normalfag facial recognition that bad?

Yes it really is that awful inside and outside Veeky Forums.
That's how "looking white" or "white features" is a thing, people have such a shit pisspoor understanding of other folk outside of what they barely know
People have such a godawful grasp that that anything that deviates form the norm of what they think of a people they handwave it off into neat little categories they can comprehend.

That's why it's so fucking hard to discuss things when you have on idea how much of a grasp the person you are talking to can either be a PHD graduate or a guy with a pretty much non-existant understanding of the topic at hand.

Ignoring the /pol/ memeing this is actually a solid thread

Solid digits, but I don't believe shit about those claims of the namefag.
They are all based on hearsay and "oral transmission"

It's hard to achieve much without agriculture

So Iliad and Odyssey.
I am kinda baffled by their astronomic knowledge and oral traditions as it kind of suggest that its actually remnants of somewhat higher culture than they looks.

Although it's becoming increasingly hard nowadays to make a thread without them worming their memes into it.

huffing petrol

>It's really unsettling
Plz kill yourself, your pussyness is disgusting to my male instincts.
The fact blacks are not extinct proves we dont callously destroy ethnicities unlike them so shut up already.

>The fact blacks are not extinct proves we dont callously destroy ethnicities unlike them
>Blacks are all one ethnicity
>Blacks regularly genocide other ethnic blacks
???
Anyway, you have still yet to provide evidence blacks genocide on an exceptional level that other races don't.

Real fucking spooky, you've continued to establish that your hatred of blacks is on the premise of something you've literally just made up yourself. And your cognitive dissonance is preventing you from realizing that you literally just made shit up to hate blacks more. But if it's made up, why would you hate blacks enough to make shit up to hate them more?
What is going on in your head, brainlet?

i wish he'd post some sources already

Oh fuck I responded with all those words and didn't even realize the bigger issue
>we dont callously destroy ethnicities
What happened to all the native americans?
Really makes you think.

They started the first known agriculture through eel cultivation