Time travel fantasy

I asked /pol/ this question and got memed up something fierce.

You can go back to any period at any place and use contemporary knowledge to get ahead or influence the world in any way you'd like.

You could just go back a week and win the Lotto, but I trust Veeky Forums knows better than that.

I would prevent the assassination of Julius Cesar and introduce myself as exactly what I am- a time lord. I would offer Rome machinery, weaponry and whatever other knowledge I could slowly reel out to advance the empire and prevent it's collapse. Everybody but the emperor would know me as a genius scientist and national hero. I would introduce new weapons in live battle and be recognized as a war hero for it.

I know that was long before the fall of Rome, but I would still explain where things went wrong and change the system accordingly

The ice age
I want to hunt a mammoth

Can you return?

Going back to stop the assasination of franz Ferdinand would be great and all, but i would rather not die of tuberculosis.

I would foretell napoleon his future with all the details while he's still at the military academy. I would present all sorts of documents that proves im telling the truth. Then i would remain close to him and help him in any way i could and eventually see if anything changes.

Id kill whoever is the ancestor of all black people.

Vaccinate yourself?

I predict he would go insane and never achieve any of the things he did.

This

The same person would also be the ancestor of all or most white people- partly because from a genetic perspective black people aren't really a single group. There are ethnic groups that we lump together as "black Africans" who are genetically as different from each other as they are from Europeans.

This is inherently the problem of changing history. The second you take any role beyond passive, you alter history and thus lose your advantage.

I'd go back and invest in Google, Amazon, and Netflix.

I'd go to the beginning of the Arauco War so the Spaniards defeat the Mapuche before these learn how to fight back, making the colonization process much faster (it lasted 4 centuries) so Chile has time to get all of the Patagonia before Argentina starts making claims.

>1990
>get a qt happy gen-x latchkey girl
>get my degree in history from yale for the low price of $19.95 + shipping and handling
>get a job as a professor making six figures
>bet on all the sports championships, invest in google, uber, twitter, apple, etc.
>enjoy the early days of the internet
>enjoy that sweet happy go lucky pre-9/11 america
>playing RuneScape 2
>playing smash bros melee

I'd try to prevent wwi in any way I could. God that war ruined everything.

I think you may have missed his point.

I'd never go backwards in time. Even just a decade or two and you risk dying from a disease, or accidental injury, that we can treat much better these days.

Not to mention the fact that you'd be erasing everyone you ever loved out of existence. Not just killing them, but making it so they'd never even been.

However, for the sake of argument, if I had to pick a point in history where I could do some good, I'd go back in time and kill Ben Franklin. Without him the revolutionary war either never gets started or dies stillborn due to France's lack of interest. Then I'd try writing some pamphlets on the need for a common government that rules all Englishmen, colonials and old-worlders alike.

Just imagine it - a British Empire that spans the whole of North America. And there's no reason to think that Australia and New Zealand wouldn't be the same. If America had worked together with Britain's Imperial project instead of undermining it, there's every chance that the British Empire would stretch over the larger part of the globe today, and to be born an Englishman (England-born or colonial) would truly be to win life's lottery.

Tell Augustus about better sanitation practices.

Go back and save Alexander from whatever it was that killed him.

go to abbasid era and prevent mongol invasion
tell the caliph the dangerous of wahhabism and saudis
start colonization of south america
make an alliance with german in the future

If I were to bring my AR-15, ammo, and USMC cosplay kit back to 1861 USA and convince Lincoln that I was from the future, do you think they would be able to backwards engineer the ammo and make bullets for me while I personally fuck up the confederates?

lol no, the most important in technology development is semiconductor

as long you can't explain how works, it wikk be still in same history development

Assasinate Hitler in 1939.

>not when he was a baby

Hitler did some great thing before WW2, mostly by bringing hope and vitality to Germany and their economies.

Except the German economy was well on the mend before Hitler got into power.

Confidence and moral boost play a very important part in economy everywhere around the world. And Hitler presence brought the hope to German people as well as kick-started some industries and introduce some programs and welfare to revitalize the Germany.

I'd go back in time and fuck my mom desu

Let's be frank here user, you just want to see how the Nazi ideology fares without Hitler don't you?

assassinate nixion and reagan

Nonsense, his economic mis-management squandered Germany's recovery and made war an inevitability. Without Hitler, the late 40's and 50's would have been a German Golden Age.

well Hitler was not the only leader, certainly without him another, more capable Führer would make better calls and direct the war in another way

You caught me.

Kill him before he dismisses Bismark.

This autism is beautiful.

Colonies are only worth it if they are backwards savages.
Look at India, the british dug out some ancient forgotten text and printed it over and over to make sure the locals stay "pure spiritual people, untainted by modern life" - easy to control and exploit.

You don't want your colonials equal to you, that defeats the purpose.

>Your mother never told you about your father
>Decide to go back in time and meet him
>Can't find your dad, but your mom is smoking hot

moron