What's the truth about these guys?

Locals welcome.

Nothing really. Some random Balkan people related to other Balkan peoples that got slavicized over the centuries. That Alexander shit is kind of wacky though.

Pretty cool people. One of them conquered all the way to the Indus River.

Serbo-Bulgarians
or
Bulgaro-Serbomans
Doesn't really matter.

Alll southeasterns slavs are pretty much memes, but these guys are the memeiest.

They are an useful buffer state.

>the truth
former(70 years ago) bulgarians, currently macedonians

my grandfather's family fled from there to bulgaria, they were 5 or 6 kids i can't remember after ilinden 1903, they were a rich family and lost everything due to funding and taking part in the uprising

>The British journalist of the Balkans H. N. Brailsford wrote in his book "Macedonia: Its Races and Their Future": The moment for which the Bulgarian population had been preparing for ten years, arrived on the festival of the Prophet Elijah's day — the evening of Sunday, August the 2nd, 1903.[5] At the same time on the other end of the SMARO's territory, in Eastern Thrace, the leaders of the Adrianople Vilayet comitajis, had unanimously agreed that they were not ready for uprising, but out of a feeling of solidarity, had voted for a rising. So in Strandzha the rising had begun on the Feast of the Transfiguration, August 19, 1903.[6] Evidences of the Bulgarian sentiments of the insurgents during the rising are abundant.[7]
>Serbo-
I'd rather border Albanians who at least don't lie openly to me.

What do you mean by "lie"?

Hear that? thats the sound of thousands of screaming greeks.

No.

They shouldn't put up statues to Alexander the Great, but it's perfectly alright for them to call themselves Macedonians. Greeks are petty, and the Macedonian naming dispute is the stupidest international dispute in the world.

top kek

i don't get the Bulgarian meme isn't the Macedonian language distinct from Bulgarian?

also as far as I understand the slavisization of the Balkan people was mostly undertaken by a tiny elite the genes of the indigenous peoples remained mostly unchanged why is their claim to be descendents of Alexander dismissed out of hand?

>why is their claim to be descendants of Alexander dismissed out of hand?
Because being smart and knowledgeable on a subject is hard and you shouldn't expect it on Veeky Forums

Modern Macedonia deserves their title as much as Egypt, Syria, Prussia or a plethora of other countries do. I never see a thread regarding those country which bear no resemblance to their ancestors, yet somehow Macedonia gets the attention.

The entire of China claims to be ONE fucking ethnicity which is obvious bullshit, and there's never a thread on that, but there's one on this. Why?

As said previously, Greeks are such rapebabby pussies they need to cry their unemployed assess off over some landlocked country using a name of a Kingdom that ancient Greeks called barbarians until Alexander conquered Persia, which all of a sudden those Macedonian BARBARIANS became full on Hellens

Shit, even when Alexander was conquering the world in the name of Greece, the shitty homosex citystates revolted, and still got BTFO by Alexander's regent

Wewuzism is bad.

Used to be a dialect before the Bulgarian language was standardized.
It had a lot of dialects and variations due to diverse geography and span.

Bulgarians in denial

It depends what you mean. The difference between a dialect and a language is often political, not linguistic. A speaker of "Macedonian" is perfectly comprehensible to a speaker of "Bulgarian" and yet they are different languages; meanwhile, a speaker of Lallans is only marginally comprehensible by a speaker of English and yet Lallans is "just" a dialect.

The Macedonian identity was a compromise between Bulgaria and Yugoslavia, because it would have been too inflammatory for such a number of Bulgarians to live in Yugoslavia, they basically got renamed.

Now, I'm okay with their choice to keep their new identity, but the truth is the truth and to move forward together it has to be said. The people in Skopie and over in Blagoevgrad are the same people.

What's shitty is the Serbs will never admit that and act as if it's a question. They really are the lowest of the low.

I get it they'll never be grateful for Belgrad, (which often literally is referred to as containing the Bulgarian ethnonym), the alphabet we gave them, their language and the fact that they don't speak Greek thanks to us, but actively inventing shit to heal their inferiority complexes goes too far.