Is the Hedgehog's dilemma real?

Is the Hedgehog's dilemma real?

I have some friends who have never fought or offended.

Ah, this explains a lot for me.

Yes it's real, it's not good at all.

First I've heard of it, so thanks for clueing me in.

It makes for a cute image, but no, not really. I don't really think it describes what actually draws people together & pushes them apart very well.

People make friends & relationships because humans are naturally social creatures and it's in our instincts to do so, not because we all live in a cold wasteland (even a metaphorically cold one) -- loneliness etc is an internal, not external pressure.

And when we don't get too close to each other, it's for similarly internal reasons -- there are dozens. Not always because other people are 'prickly' and we'd otherwise get 'hurt.' I mean, yeah, that can happen, and it sucks, but some people just AREN'T that 'prickly', and some people do forge extremely fucking close relationships that last a lifetime; hell, sometimes when people have a group of 'friends' (acquaintances) who they keep at arm's length, it's because they have a core group of extremely close friends, family members, their spouse, etc, who they're very emotionally intimate with. In other words, their need for 'closeness' is already being met.

Basically, it seems like a pretty cool story and it'll definitely stick with me, but when you really look at it, it's pretty much just self-indulgent wanking. In that way it's by no means unique in philosophy, though.

Get in fucking robot

Yes.

Hmm very Symbolic yes

*Sniffs*

>i asked on /a/ if they think he's seen eva
>got deleted

Such a dilemma isn't a real life situation since most people won't even consider the option of growing old alone.

Gib original pic with the Bulgarian doggo

It's not. Schopenhauer was an asshole and that was his excuse for not having friends.

I honestly think he'd enjoy it.

My family law prof sperged out when talking about division of property after divorce.
>you're all still young, don't rush into a marriage
>if you do, one day your significant other will be watching japanese tv and reading hegel between commercials with someone else
It was totally out of the blue, and i couldn't help thinking about Zizek and Eva after.

>if you do, one day your significant other will be watching japanese tv and reading hegel between commercials with someone else

>and that was his excuse for not having friends
But he had

well said, user. I'm glad there are some actually smart people around here who can also write well.

if you've never fought with your friends, it means you're not real friends with them

fighting and arguing is part of human

having disagreements and fighting are two different things

Are you the user that thinks the point of life is procreation?

EVA'S ARE NOT ROBOTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hedgehogs can relax their skin and "retract" their quills in order to not poke each other when they want to.

So even hedgehogs have this shit figured out and you /r9k/ fucks haven't.

Well, at least she got someone good.