Tell me about WWII sniping. Why are there no american or english snipers, let alone Japanese...

Tell me about WWII sniping. Why are there no american or english snipers, let alone Japanese, with killcounts being at least somewhat close to russian or finnish killcounts?

Because Americans and the Brits just bombed everything to ashes thanks to their superior air force, they didn't need to run around like retards sniping individual soldiers.

Because only Finnish and Russian snipers were allowed to drink while on duty.

>BROOM BROOM BOMBERS R FLYIN
>BOMBS ARE GOING DOWN
>Ruins, ruins, ruins
>Hey, sergeant, why did you fell do-

More opportunities. Both the Finns and Russians got zerg'd

Then why are german snipers so far from both finns and soviets?

Less time on defense and more time retreating when they were. The entire German war machine was predicated around quick movement and that also makes it difficult for snipers to do their jobs.

They had great defense lines at least twice: at Berlin and Budapest. Not to mention the defense of Oder, Dniepr and Kurland

>lot of bang bang>few bangs

t. German doctrine

>lots of bangs
>unable to provide the troops with enough smgs to be carried by someone else but paratroopers and officers

>not being in an elite formation
>not being at least in a pioneer battalion
lmao at ur lyfe untermensch

smg too few bangbang

if you dont have machinebanger, you carry ammo

All this talk of bangs...
This thing can fire 1.2 miles and still act as a club.

Club, spear, larger DeLisl analog and a paddle

Blatantly a superior weapon.

Oh, and a stick for a mine detector

>join elite ss formation
>die because fanaticism and zeal are thought to be a good substitute for common supplies and ammo in the attempt to take stalingrad

no thanks

Not him, but I'm pretty sure the Waffen-SS was not deployed to Stalingrad.

wow, that is not the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

did it actually work?

Say it with me
if it's stupid and it works then it isn't stupid
if it isn't stupid but it doesn't work then it's stupid

>They had great defense lines at least twice: at Berlin and Budapest. Not to mention the defense of Oder, Dniepr and Kurland
>Any of these
>Great defense lines

Yes, it worked. It was used to search for metal AT mines buried 45cm underground. And anti-personel mines at 30 cm.

They were a pain in the ass for a period.

I just made a quick example, that greentext is applicable anywhere really

>fanaticism and zeal are good substitutes for the proper rifle scopes
I had to add it since that's what the oppost is about and since the SS snipers were pretty bad at gaining proper equipment. Maybe soviet scopes weren't as good as Zeiss Zielvier, but they were systematized and there were lots of them

>being in a shit tier unit that couldn't get SMGs
>strawmanning that if you get SMGs you are lacking in other supplies
lmao at ur untermensch lyfe

1.) Propaganda (Soviets emphasizing how just an individual with a rifle can do a lot of damage during the war) meanwhile the English and Americans focused on selected production or causality statistics and anything that showed that the Nazis or Jappies were being dummies in their propaganda news at the time. Plus, I don't think the more mass and materialistic media in the US or what American troops were accustomed to would care much about individual snipers and their kill count aside from making a neat story in the paper. Meanwhile, when you have more collective nations with lesser other media access, it's easier for a government to push their paragon figure.

2.) Soviets and Finns were bolder with their ground forces into riskier situations. American and British snipers that were put into situations where they were isolated from the rest of their forces, were probably just out there for recon purposes in most of the cases and not advised to shoot any lowly grunts if it could compromise them. They use the intelligence gathered for artillery strikes.

3.) British and Americans were more cautious with engagements and usually once infantry rolled or their forces got ambushed, that there wasn't much situations where they were dig-down for a long period of time that relied on their infantry more to clear out entrenched enemy forces.

german storm battalions were consistently lacking sufficient supplies, and had a shorter average lifespan than their riflemen counterparts.

But I guess you autists must find new ways to justify dying in droves to prove your point

The American military fetishized the soldier and his rifle marksmanship skills prior to WW2, and quite some time after though.

I think the Soviet numbers are made up

No doubt.

Wow, assault battalions have higher casualty rates than the average soldier. Who would have thought that attacking fortified locations would produce higher casualties?
Pioneers were "lacking" in supplies because they required more supplies as a baseline to begin with. They were lacking more in manpower.

Propaganda.

>there was totally a guy who climbed up in a tree with 500 rounds and landed every shot!!
Veeky Forums is wikipedia tier.

I would argue that they still do.

t. I live right by Ft Bragg and am surrounded by grunts

Because we didn't inflate our kill counts.

because propaganda

And no proofs are seen