What's the logical conclusion of human society...

What's the logical conclusion of human society? Personally I don't think we'll ever be able to get our shit together due to our incompetence and generally corruptible nature. We need a benevolent AI to rule.

>What's the logical conclusion of human society?

There isn't one. There will most likely be an endless progression of new forms of societal organization, which all are designed to solve the problems of yesterday and will create the problems of tomorrow.

i think humanity will eventually go into nuclear war and we will all start humanity over as spearchuckers

>Personally I don't think we'll ever be able to get our shit together due to our incompetence and generally corruptible nature.

We are on the verge of being able to modify our own nature, with things like genetic engineering. What will society look like if the dumbest person alive is as smart as the smartest person alive now? I don't know.

>yfw benevolent AI realizes that humans are no longer needed and gets rid of it entirely

I am ok with this.

Human destiny must be derived from human history, and human history is that of unremitting conquest and expansion.

Having already conquered and expanded over the earth, the next obvious step is to conquer and expand into the heavens.

Calm down Smith. Anyway I don't think an AI would have a reason to expend the effort of eradicating humanity, unless the alternative was worse.

>We are on the verge of being able to modify our own nature

We've always been able to do that - socially and physically.

Transhumanism, then collective suicide

Humanity must trascend and become something new.
When we start genetically engineering our DNA to prevent diseases, improve performance, achieve immortality, increase IQ, etc. By the end of the process we will not be humans anymore, all the problems from the Human Condition will not concern us.
And then, we will find new goals and aspirations. New challenges in a new ceiling.

The vast majority of humans eventually plug themselves into a lotus eater virtual reality matrix where each person has more or less godlike powers over their own little simulated universe. The system is maintained by robots or genetically engineered microorganisms. Luddites who reject this way of life eke out an existence as subsistence farmers in isolated communities. This goes on until the lotus eater system breaks down somehow. The luddites then reclaim the earth and basically start civilization all over whilst superadvanced tech is scattered all over the earth.

That assumes that material hedonism is the primary motivation of all people; it isn't. There are always going to be some to whom power is more important than comfort. They'll stay outside the lotus machine and try to run things, just because they can.

Gypsies build their own spaceships and go to space.
BTW they take their carpets and chickens to space as well.

They'll probably be responsible for the machine breaking down.

Well I did say "vast majority", not "everyone".

If people would respect and recognize natural law, rights and duties and deontological ethics in general, everything would be fine, but you're all little bitches who whine about
>m-muh self-interest

Develop a sentient AI that would be based on the virtues that we've collectively preserved through the centuries but could never completely follow due to our imperfect nature. Watch with pride as benevolent ubermensch androids take over and go on to conquer the stars while humanity peacefully dies off from lack of purpose.

What if instead we conquer and expand onto ourselves?

Does anyone else wish they were born hundreds of years into the future?

Imagine the quality of life people had 500 years ago, and imagine how much the quality of life will improve in 500 more years...

I just want a holodeck where I can fuck mai waifu to hold and kiss her. Pity modern VR is so shit.

Humanity becomes a massive space empire oppressing thousands of alien species. This last for 6 million years until the aliens rise up and brutally hunt down and kill ever human man, woman, and child. The galaxy enters a golden age with the extinction of man. The end.

>get born 500 years into the future
>It's the muslim dark ages
>die from Cholera

[spoiler]That being said, sentient AIs are something I genuinely want in my life[/spoiler]