What's the most cost effective GPU for ETH mining?

What's the most cost effective GPU for ETH mining?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptoyeti.com/ethereum-mining-gpu-comparison-guide/
cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-the-ethereum-ice-age/
etherscan.io/chart/ethersupply
etherscan.io/chart/blocktime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've been looking into this for past day, every website says rx 470 is best. the rx 570/580's have same hashrate but take more power and have driver issues with windows 10 using more than 4 cards. Only problem is, I can't fucking find any of these cards that haven't been price gouged to shit

cryptoyeti.com/ethereum-mining-gpu-comparison-guide/

What about rx 480?

Yeah how bout dat?

rx480 is barely marginally better than the 470 hashwise but takes moar power. Really if you can get any of the rx 470/480 570/580 for a good deal and six of them just do it

I don't do this stuff yet, just researching because i want to get a rig. No firsthand experience here.

Holy shit, you're right. They're out of stock everywhere or being scalped for $500+ right now.

I do believe the 470 is the king of eth mining atm, it consumes less power than the 480, but outputs almost the same hashrate

i dont know about the 500 series tho

I can only find new rx470 for 250€ each (and that's discount price)
I'm still in for it, I saw it took like 60 days to pay for itself

Dont invest in mining in july i think its moving from mining to proof of stake. So just buy enough eth to stake which i think is 36 eth i might be wrong. Mining is a losing market unless you have free electricity

cant you just switch to another gpu intensive coin at that point like SIA or something if ETH is no longer viable? I know on some websites i was reading you can mine ETH and SIA simultaneously without effecting your ETH hash

I hope you realize how noisy that rig will be.

Are GeForce gpus also good for mining?

ETH mining is about to die. Don't bother.

Can you expand on this? There's a guy on my local craigslist selling an ETH rig than can mine an ETH per week for $2400. I did the power cost calculations and I can be netting $440 a month. At that rate, it'll take 5 months to pay off the rig, then I'm getting pure profit. What am I missing here?

He means Ethereum may be moving to POS soon. That's irrelevant tho. There are dozens of good coins that can be mined with GPU other than ETH.

I'm no expert but you should read this:

cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-the-ethereum-ice-age/

and then look at the recent charts

etherscan.io/chart/ethersupply
etherscan.io/chart/blocktime

it's getting harder and harder to mine, and by the time you have everything set up, maybe you won't be netting 440 a month anymore.

also ether is planning to change to proof of stake late 2017, which means your mining rig will be useless for eth

Meh. I was looking to get a system that is turn can go and and idiot like me sit back and let work. I dont want to have to constantly change the settings or load software to get it to mine a different coin every day.

Difficulty increases for one.
ETH moving to PoS for two.
That said, just find the most valuable coin to mine (You can mine an easy shitcoin and sell for ETH anyway) and do that.

Mining is not for you dude. These rigs are not just plug and play.

True. They can go down at any time randomly. Hardware sometimes fails and it's a pain to figure it out. I'm currently running 4 rigs, if you're not good at troubleshooting computers, don't get into mining

What's the best coin to mine to get rich quick and do as little work as possible? Thanks!

Does anyone know a great guide on how to set up these rigs? I got a bit of space and also it's a great way to get some tax benefit too.

Wasn't it November?

Yeah let us explain it all to you real quick so that newfags that can't even use google like you will make the mining difficulty even higher