The Great Mortality (The Black Death)

Know any good historians or writings or works of historical fiction like books/movies about the Great Mortality, more commonly known as the Black Death that cannot be found with a simple Google search and a quick skim of the first page or so? I'm really interesting in finding out more about the time period. Especially how is is basically the closest we've ever come to a true apocoliptic situation.

It is a commonly known fact the Poles are responsible for the Black Death

>stl peters basilica
>300 years before being built

There is a book by John Kelly called the great mortality that is pretty good

>plague mask in the 14th century
reee

Not read them but the following are apparently well regarded.

The Scourging Angel - Benedict Gummer

The Black Death: The Intimate Story of a Village in Crisis 1345-50 - John Hatcher

There's also an excellent BBC documentary called Christina: A medieval life. It's main focus is about reconstructing a medieval peasant woman's life from the numerous records that still survive about her, however it talks about the plague, it's potential causes and it's aftermath at quite some length.

Should be up on YouTube.

how the FUCK did cagliari get black death?????????????

Ships exist retard.

Here we go again...

>Warsaw (spared)

Warsaw was a small town at the time, it wasn't even the capital of its duchy.

Pathologic

An entire steppe town isolated from the rest of the nation, slowly breaks it's own society into chaos under the rumors of a mysterious plague.

Also why is Copenhagen in Pomerania? The map is just fucked in general.

London apparently covers all of Wales too.

It was revenge for Partitions

president cagliari forgot to close down everything

It's just a nice visual that goes with the topic. Accuracy of the visual wasn't my main concern. I'm just curious about finding out more sources besides what's generally known.

That's the Pantheon, user.

I got some good stuff to look through for the next week or two but does anyone have anything else?

>nice
It's awful.

3/10 for effort

>dutchy
It was Kingdom

Warsaw was in the autonomous (until the 16th century) Duchy of Mazovia.

And it wasn't even its capital/main town yet at the time.

Meant to reply to