Its cheap now and has good market cap should i buy?

Its cheap now and has good market cap should i buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.sia.tech/topic/21/sia-vs-storj-vs-maidsafe/12
trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was looking at it too, it was down 100% today.

you definitely should

Now is a great time to buy, getting 20k myself.

I bought some because the idea of decentralized, distributed cloud storage network that anyone can join, use, or resell sounds promising. Could very well be the next dropbox, or used to host the next dropbox. The concept sounds like it has legs, the question is will Sia be the crypto-storage standard of the future or will a competitor like Storj beat them to it?

I'm mining the everliving fuck out of this coin.

discord or telegram??

storj is trash

>I'm mining the everliving fuck out of this coin.
Hey buddy, mind giving your rig specs? Wanted to dual mine this with ETH but Rx 470/80 570/80's are price gouged to the $500's. Do I just have to buy overpriced cards or is a 460 4gb good enough for SIA? Any recommends?

I don't know enough about either to make an assessment about which is the better tech, but after reading about both I felt like Sia had the edge (feeling is probably not the best reason to make an investment).

I bought 50k SCs, now just gotta wait for the platform to gain some traction. If nothing else, I'll at least not have to pay for cloud storage again.

I got 1mil sc. storj is written in javascript(a shitty language) written by sjws from georgia.

SC is written by MIT grads in Boston. It's written in Go which is a fast language that is pretty well designed. I invest in competent teams who will likely stand the test of time, the storj team simply isn't trustable.

It's stabilized at a new support level so it seems like people are buying and holding for the longer haul.

Indeed, a shitcoin with a actual revenue model is more than just the usual shitcoin.

The idea sounds nice, but it is very unlikely that the dev team is capable of creating it and the premine is massive

Sia is a great long term investment.
I encourage you to do the research and read all about it if you doubt me. It will be in the top 5 coins by the end of the year for sure.

the basic difference is storj is targeting end users while sia is more targeting businesses

for me it's Sia's support for smart contracts and allowing hosts to join the network and get paid or penalized via contracts which seem to give it the tech edge.

There's some discussion on the Sia forums about Sia vs. competitors. I came away thinking Sia is the more promising tech, but what do I know. Could be backing the wrong horse, or the whole thing could be a tech dead end. We'll see. I've only got a little on the line so if it fails not the end of the world.

forum.sia.tech/topic/21/sia-vs-storj-vs-maidsafe/12

Another thing about Sia which gives it the edge is the ability to resell. Just like Dropbox is hosted on Amazon, another software company could build a cloud sync client based on Sia, which (theoretically) would cost less and allow them to undercut Dropbox and others.

Building a good sync client is probably the hardest part. The main reason Dropbox is king is because they have the best tools.

lol

So could this be an arms race for government/military contracts?

They might be the ones that who wpuld seem to benefit from encrypted storage solutions like these.

Buy this fucking coin if you care about having money

i think it's targeted more at Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure customers as a lower cost alternative

Government (not just military) jumps on the industry bandwagon a year or two after adaptation when it comes to IT. The government wants tested, proven tech especially when it comes to storage. I could see the public sector taking this on as a cost saving measure after a big name company picked it up.

This coin is getting me hot. Someone bring me a bath towel and some duct tape I'm about to make a mess all over my desk.

nice

>will a competitor like Storj beat them to it?
No. Storj has decided to become centralized and the sia devs don't even consider them competition.

They're unopposed.

Just bought 1M of these.

you'll be rich if you hold long term imo

All my research shows this is one of few cryptos with real potential. If not, then ill sell in time.

how long term do you think it'll be? Reading their website and dev blogs, it sounds like the tech still has a long way to go before it's ready for real commercial usage. I'm thinking years still

just dropped 6 BTC, I'm ready

You've seen that image of ''waiting seven years for bitcoin'' the same can be said for sia.
Wait a few years and you'll be rich.

trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap

Their roadmap for the next few years has me very excited and according to the devs, all in on schedule.

Only coin with a revenue model

I'm using 6 1060s. And that's what I'm doing is dual mining eth and sia. Get about .10 eth a day and about 400 sia a day.

Impressive.

Know of any good tutorials to start a similar setup?

In for 90k. See you guys in lamboland.

You have no idea how any of this works. Time to leave this board forever.

It's going to the fucking moon