Spreading The Word

Been telling my parents about Bitcoin and Ethereum for a long time.

They finally decided, after seeing my portfolio, to invest. They purchased $2,000 worth of Ethereum at 166.

Have any of you gotten any of your family on board? I believe in Ethereum, and I can see it. It's gonna be YUGE. They did not care they were buying at an ATH, because they are planning on holding long-term, like myself. I project that by 2036, 10% of the GWP - or the GDP of the entire world - will be in blockchain. Which implies a total market cap of well over 10 Trillion. (in today's money)

Discuss...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fgvs0EK0-H0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

got my step dad in to bit coin and now he just put 5000 in to DGB
honestly not to sound like a bitch but it's improved our relationship and now instead of giving me crap about a job he's asking me what I think about this coin and that
feels fucking good man

>even old men are in on the train

I'm going to go buy more Digibytes

Same here, got my dad to invest 5000 euro in ethereum when it was at 64... He is so proud of me right now.

lol your stepdad hated you until he found out you might make him money.

>Mom worried about me going full Eliiot Rodgers
>asks me if I have any hobbies
>tell her I'm investing in new tech
>asks me if I want some money
>turn her down because of my pride
>tfw my investment was ETH
>tfw I went in at $2.50

tell him to sell 1/3

kek

This isnt good we are fadt trackingto a bubble. Once normies get into thisnit will surley pop

Why if I can ask? He asked me too if he should sell half of it. I told him no because eth has so much growth potential...

once it started showing up on fucking cnbc (which it has) I started to worry. I thought we might have another 1.5 to 2 years. But we might be lucky if this bubble dont pop by end of the year

if this crashes for whatever reason you will be remembered as the one who advised him this loss. 1/3 should cover his investment, so even if it cashs he has "some" profit

KEK

Thrue... well put. Might tell him to. And ask him if I can get some of his profit for... advice.

Man, you overestimate the intelligence of the average normie.

They hear computer jargon and their brains practically shut off.

And this doesn't stop at boomers and your parents: people in my grad school course of all things look at this as a risky, weird tech that won't go anywhere.

The secret isn't quite out yet, don't worry.

Yup. My dad put like $2500 in BTC when it was at about $250 and ended up withdrawing at about $750. He's tempted to invest again now that I've been making a ton of money but hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Tell your dad to invest now or he'll be late to the party.

dont ask for profits, play the long game. One day his eth might be worth even more and you will be the gracious god who granted him this gift.

More valuable than asking for some money now.

Convinced 5 relatived to buy eth

they literally want to give me money so I handle everything myself

Eh, I don't know, I don't like to urge people to invest in crypto. I'll just tell them what it's all about and help them get into it if, and only if, they themselves decide to try it out.

I hope you are right. I guess if I start hearing from these idiots where I work talk about it in the cafeteria its time to dump everything.

Thx for the advice user. What coins are you holding atm? Just out of curiousity.

i hold 9 btc, 45 eth (bought over 100 though), soon 100 ltc again and 4000 euro. a total of 15 btc or so

Crypto is my endgame, i play the normie wagecuck game (but only work 30 hours) until i get to 200k in crypto. Then i plan on cashing out what i need and hoping the increase will be enough to last me a lifetime.

Or well, I am certain it will last me a lifetime, because if crypto wont lift off i might as well die before working for decades.

Sounds great, don't forget to give yourself a generous handling fee (tell them the exchange takes 2% commission or something, it sounds plausible to normies)

mfw the wagecuck life. mfw I have no face.

Wagecuck life ain't so bad, just don't work any harder than you need to.

I convinced my mom to jump in when ETH was $70. She's decided on 70% ETH, 20% GNT, 10% LTC.

i currently do as litte work as possible and no one seems to notice, if they do it wont matter too much anyway.

But rather than browsing the chans at work I would like to do it at home.

fuck... ive just got into the crypto game for fun, only like $20 worth of btc.

how can i turn it quickly into $100, for example (and so on), ready for long hauls later on? does the concept of 'pump and dump' work best for this? how do i know what's 'good'-- just lurk?

What do you do for work?

Yeah, I showed my Dad that I doubled my money in a month and he's finally getting into it. It's pretty fun. It's also nice to have something we're both really interested in to talk about now.

My mom gave me $100 to invest and told me to trade it however I trade everything else. After I showed her the gains she's talking about giving me another $5k which I told her I wasn't comfortable with handling that much of her money.

some IT job, people are amazed i can do computer stuff from fixing audio to image processing and network stuff. I wonder if they fake it sometimes, because all it takes is a minute on google.

its a nice company though and any job with not much to do is a good one.

At work I got one of those micro stick pcs for 60 euros hooked up to a second monitor which tethers through mobil data of my phone so they wont notice any suspicious web activity.

my friends keep telling me to take their money and invest and i feel the same way.
people don't understand

>They hear computer jargon and their brains practically shut off.
True, until they hear about the returns. Especially Boomers, once they hear it in investment terms, they're flies to honey.

try telling boomers how cryptos will benefit from a global financial crisis.
You become the god who finally found the solution on how they could keep their privileges in the upcoming future.

Don't chase pump and dumps, you'll just be the one who buys the dump. Just spread it out among any of the top 15 coins that are down, wait a few days/a week, then sell when they go up, then reinvest and repeat.

you faggots are going to ruin your closest relationships forever with money involved. guaranteed.

The only way to avoid this is to squash those deals asap. absolve yourself of any financial responsibilities in their lives before you lose way more than just money.

I convinced my room mate to buy $200 at $20 each....

He is still holding strong, although he is more tempted than ever in terms of wanting to cash out.

i said i'm not handling my friend's money

I handle my parents' investments, my mother's made a budget and gives me money a month, I just calculate two portfolios and treat her money as a % of mine so I don't have to make unique trades for either of us.

She started being impressed when I quit a shit job I had in the meantime to do this real time once I told her my profits are good enough to live off of and keep a constant rate of upwards investments. Her interest is more a solid retirement fund, though.

Holy shit, I was the IT handyman at my old job too, it was exactly like that. Help them edit some pdfs, install some drivers, configure their fucking printer, "repair" their smartphones etc and they think your work is worth 20k a year, I love those fossils.

(My salary was actually way more than 20k but considering how much time I spent doing glorified tech support or drinking coffee vs the webdev work I was officially hired for, it's a fair estimate.)

As soon as normies are buying in masses, that is a good indication to get out asap

>$2,000 worth of Ethereum at 166.
Just in time for the crash.

I'm not handling her money either. She just asks me about various coins and how to purchase them.

haha don't all parents

Are you saying there's going to be a crash?

Can I still buy BTC to trade in other alt coins?

Dude, relax. Some people have a good relationship with their father. He understands the market isn't 100% predictable and I won't be responsable for a crash.

My dad isn't a retard, he isn't putting his life savings in or anything. We both understand that this is probably a bubble, and we're only investing what we're comfortable losing.

>if you hadn't told me about this i wouldn't have lost all this money.
says everyone to themselves at some point during the rage and frustration accompanied with of coping with loss.

>Are you saying there's going to be a crash?
No, this is perfectly sustainable. To le moon face.

>implying any cuck would love his wife's NEET son

no, but once they hear my wallet is worth 55k they probably would pay attention. not sure I want to say anything though. if MNE takes off then I'm looking at 100k+ too.

Convinced math professors, parents, and friends to invest.

>Boomers squander everything that their hard working parents fought and bled for in the WW2 / Depression Era
>Boomers vote to enslave future generations so that they can live more comfy retirements on the backs of others
>Millennials and Gen X find way to fuck the boomers by circumventing fiat currency and creating their own currencies that the boomers can't steal and deflate the shit out of
>People bragging about helping boomers instead of letting them just get what they deserve

I got my parents to invest $10,000 into bitcoin around January when it dipped to 800.

ive been telling my retarded friends and family to buy eth since $10. guess what none of them have. too bad

>you know, while you pissed away your money on lottery tickets I got x2-x10 gains with crypto
>b-but I'm just having fun playing the lottery, it's not about the m-money

I couldn't bear to tell him I'm having the time of my life participating in pump and dump schemes.

ahahahah

>not convincing your boomer parents to exponentially grow your inheritance

When my grandma died, my mom inherited $37,000. Put $1,000 of it in a bank account for me. She squandered it all in 6 months for drugs and god knows what else. Broke 6 months later. Denies knowledge of ever putting 1k away for me in any account and said she never said that.

Boomers are truly the worst generation in American history. My mom is a special kind of scum though.

my parents think everything except wagecucking at a dead end job is a scam. Try to convince them.
I even showed them the money I made on the internet not so long ago. They weren't impressed and said it was just a one time thing, except it wasn't (not memecoins backwhen).
I haven't showed them my crypto money yet, I think it would be a bad idea to do so, they would just borrow money from me to buy useless shit and never pay back.

my dad is a stock broker how do i turn him on to cryptos

he'll water at the mouth if you mention cryptos to him and explain it's basically unregulated exchanges

lmao this

you shut your mouth! she's a nice lady.

Damn those rekt stories are gonna be hilarious. Can't await reading them. "Lost my life savings, gonna kill myself now" - serves you right for buying the top you greedy fuck! But thanks for buying my bags.

youtu.be/fgvs0EK0-H0

Pussyhands (like you) said this when btc "crashed" to 600 too

20k is shit wage,sounds about right

>Boomers are truly the worst generation in American history.
Look in the mirror
>No I'm not a boomer