Litecoin

Is litecoin a good long term investment?

ltc = long term crash

this will drop for years in ltc/btc terms

Bumping for interest. And if you don't mind me piggy backing your thread, would ETH be a smart long term investment? If etherum is really wanting to sink its teeth into the market the way that it is, would it be just a waste of time if I invest a couple of bucks per week (maybe 5-10 where I don't even notice it)?

Sorry if it's unrelated, but 80% of these threads on here about crypto are about pump and dump, I want something that I can keep an eye on for two or more years

No. It will leave the top 10 club before the end of the year.

ETH

Tyvmbby

Disregard the usual shills on this board.
As soon as the bear market hits, 90% of these idiots are going to be rekt so hard they'll be worse off than before crypto.

Ltc might crash, in fact it's essentially assured that every coin is going to dip hard sometime in the next 2 years. Ltc has a staying power that few coins can rival; even when it was dead and disregarded as obsolete, it had the distinction of being the most stable store of value for years. It was essentially pegged at 4usd.

I'm not saying it's going to go down the same path, but come crypto catastrophe 4.0, it's highly likely ltc will stick around if you don't want to walk away from crypto.

I'd have ltc as part of your long term hold portfolio, along with btc. Any other coins, ETH included, might not make it.

There are def other coins I'm betting on, but I don't need to shit up Veeky Forums with my coin predictions for community approval

OP here, I plan on putting most of my cash into ETH but might diversify into other things like litecoin or bitcoin but im not sure yet. Still lurking..

course not

I'm

Of course I don't want to sound like I'm just regurgitating all of the new vocabulary I've learned since being here, but what I really mean is, a lot of the Cryptocurrencies on here besides Bitcoin and Litecoin which I know have been around for a long time, aren't multipurpose. They are good for the thing that they're attached to and that's it. If Ethereum can become a multi-purpose platform that it hopes to be, I think it could be a worthwhile investment, if (of couse) it gets the business support it hopes to get.

>Is litecoin a good long term investment?
All coins will gradually rise in value with very few exceptions. That's because more and more people are buying, trading, holding and using cryptos as currency. At the very worst, LTC will be a slow gainer and take several years for it to rise to a number you're happy with. Even meme coins like Dogecoin will ultimately rise over time.

Your best bet is to have a little of everything; diversify, don't just put all your eggs in one basket. And don't invest more than you're willing to lose, because holding money in any currency or asset (even USD) is literally a gamble.

hahaha, I mined about 5000 DOGE in Jan-Feb 2014 for shits and giggles because I had just bought a new videocard, and I think I've made like 2-2.5 cents. DOGE gambling sites were fun though

ETH is the best long. WAVES is ETHlike and has a ton of potential. BTC is staying around. GNT is good as well. XRP is a good long, but it's not a good time to buy.
I think SC is a good long to throw some petty cash at.

It ill pump in btc terms. Ltc is going to relieve btc of bloat. It has survived for years jand will continue to do so.

Also if you're buying and holding, get a hardware wallet. Get a security deposit box and keep your backup seed there along with a copy at home. You don't want to get fucked by having your phone/computer/exchange compromised

Where does one get something like this?

Amazon, Jet

just generate a paper wallet and save it in a fire proof safe

or encrypted text file in 1password backed up with dropbox

What's with retards like this that don't hold any BTC?

ETH has a very interesting idea, and it's a novel expansion of what a block chain can do.

My issue with ETH is their development setup.

Vitalik is surely a genius, but putting any of this technology in the hands of any one de-facto person or group is worrying to me.

For example, read up on what happened to bitcoin after it got taken over by the "core" team. Discussions are censored and development has stagnated. If it weren't for btc's network effect, it would be dead.

And also read about ethers own incident last year involving the DAO. An unknown entity exploited a poorly written contract and partially drained it's funding. The solution was put forward to roll back the block chains ledger to before the account was drained and take their money back. Personally I think it's a horrible precedent that can be exploited when government or corporate interests start putting pressure on ETH.

I won't tell you not to invest, but I would be cautious. It just hit an all time high twice recently, and the community is understandably enthusiastic. That can be a dangerous time to invest.

My real advice is not to put any money in anything for at least 2 weeks. Spend that time reading everything you can find about coins that interest you. Not just the fluff, try to find all the criticisms as well. Also look at charts and notice what coins people here and in the trade chats are pushing. Then see what actually happens to them.

Theres always more, but this should get you going

Will do, thanks for the advice user

www.ledgerwallet.com
It holds all my coins I'm holding long-term except WAVES. The Nano S is the best value. Same security as the Blue, but not as nice of a screen

Tight, I appreciate it

>not putting any money into anything for two years
Wew, it's like you don't want him to make money.

Not at all. It has no future use at all.

Sure, you can probably make money in the short term right now, but learning what is good tech and sound strategies will go farther

It's like you want people to crash and burn because they arent prepared for downturns and unexpected loss. Don't think it isn't coming. We are currently inflating the bubble, unless you really think 20 billion dollars just entered this space over 2 months (it didn't). Nobody knows when it's going to pop, but it will, just like the last 3 times.

Nobody here thinks longer term than 2 days

I'm thinking this is going to rise vs BTC at least until the end of the year, until BTC fixes its fucking transaction times and fees.

Ive been trying to explain for at least the last week that LTC has had it's price suppressed while an accumulation takes place.
I said long positions were the play when it was down around 0.012 while ETH and the other alts got all the hype.
It's going to break out and push $40+. There has been quiet news filtering in that has been drowned out in all the consensus noise. People forget it sits along side ETH and BTC on coinbase. It's being accepted more and more as a payment option. It IS regarded as the silver to BTC gold and it's being increasingly used as a medium to get around the BTC transaction backlog which isnt close to being resolved for another 6 months.

I loaded up at sub $23 (0.011btc). Im sorry if you bought into the volatile Veeky Forums shit memes like RDD, VOX, MUS etc that can't hold a price. As BTC continues to drag its feet and split the community over its "compromise", the transaction backlog will remain and money will continue to steadily pour into LTC.

My only regret at this stage is a miss-judged the bottom on my long position and gave up 15% potential profit.

this is the only advice you will need:

not only buz, but Veeky Forums overall is comprised of shills.
ltc being ignored and mocked the same way ron paul was can only be a good thing. Btc is the foundation, ETH is the jew backed centralized currency, basicslly a one world online fiat. ltc is the underrated decentralized currency nobody is talking about.
biz will only lose you money in the long run. the only way to win listening to biz advice is to take a whole wad of cash you dont care about losing, win big once and never do it again. basically like vegas.

ltc is not like that