What are some good books on the rise of Islam?

What are some good books on the rise of Islam?

Other urls found in this thread:

sunnah.com/
barnesandnoble.com/
gutenberg.org/cache/epub/14064/pg14064.txt
gutenberg.org/files/37985/37985-0.txt
oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195390155/obo-9780195390155-0142.xml?rskey=X2Z9BS&result=1&q=arabia#firstMatch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Prophets_and_Kings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The Quran
sunnah.com/

>World Eras: Vol. 2 Rise and Spread of Islam (622-1500)
barnesandnoble.com/

>Mohammed, The Prophet of Islam
gutenberg.org/cache/epub/14064/pg14064.txt

>A Literary History of the Arabs
gutenberg.org/files/37985/37985-0.txt

To name a few

>The Quran is a good source of history

>The Quran is a good source of history

About as good as John Mandeville.

It describes the rise of Islam from before it began to how it rose in Arabia and beyond. Not bad if I say so myself

>full of false facts, exaggerations and propaganda
>good source of history

It's historically relevant and a primary source, but should not be taken as a real history by any intelligent person.

>OP asks for good books on the rise of Islam
>Provide him with primary source and three secondary sources

No one is denying that user, but it is a good place to start because of all the myth and history mixed together. Reading secondary sources with credible publishers and sources would then help OP get the reality from the fiction and get a complete scope of knowledge. Islam rose because of man and mythology both. One did the conquering, one helped maintain it.

oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195390155/obo-9780195390155-0142.xml?rskey=X2Z9BS&result=1&q=arabia#firstMatch

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Prophets_and_Kings

its pretty expensive though youre better finding the ebook version

cheers

>a religious text should not be taken as real history

who would think that

literally nobody would think that

>Hanbali centered in Saudi and UAE
why am I not surprised

whats the matter with shafii? why are they so spread out?

I don't actually know, but judging by the particular locations it might have something to do with Shafii Arab traders introducing Islam to those areas. I have no idea if this is actually it though.

Hanbali is the best school

t. Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud

I'm not even a Muslim, it's just that the Hanbali school seems like the most logically consistent one to me

t. Abu Dawood bin Ismail al-Firdaws

>religion
>logically consistent

kek

I suppose biographies of Muhammad and Umar I would be a good start as they were probably the two most influential people in the religion.
I'm sure someone would say Ali too, and that's an important point as the Sunni-Shia split had a massive influence on the trajectory the religion took and there's no meaningful solution to the issue in Islamic scripture.

The Shadow of the Sword was pretty good I thought

So what's the difference between the different Sunni schools?

Ive got to agree with this, great book on early islam and the end of the ancient world

You're welcome

I'm not either, user

This, , user is pretty correct. It spread via traders who were educated in the Shafi'i school. Nothing is the matter with them, Indonesia is the largest population of Muslims in the world. They have more say than they realize.

Kek, good one

There are four schools in Sunni Islam: Shafai'i and Hanbali being “stricter” compared with Hanafi, which is considered the most modern interpretation for its rulings

There are no differences in basic tenets of Islam in all four schools. All four schools are in agreement in their rulings about prayer, fasting, charity, hajj and effort in way of truth. All four schools also agree in their interpretation of Quran. Minor differences may exist in penal codes, methods of performing prayers and some other areas.

They have minor differences of practice - they are largely on small details. For example, in prayer, when sitting and reciting duaa:

Hanafi - only stick out the forefinger when saying the shahadah (la ilaha illallah…)

Maliki - make a fist and stick out the forefinger and wave it back and forth

Shafii - stick out the forefinger only when saying the name of God (ill..allah)

Hanbali - stick out the forefinger throughout the sitting - but do not move it back and forth

You probably think Jesus is real.

But he was. Historic and/or supernatural Jesus shows up in the record