Russian "tactics"

russian "tactics"

youtube.com/watch?v=rtyrJfEmViQ

Other urls found in this thread:

realcleardefense.com/articles/2016/10/31/maskirovka_from_russia_with_deception_110282.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That music mixed with heavy gunfire tho

>Call of Duty
I swear whenever they make a game with the Eastern Front involved it's always just some shitty Stalingrad mission copied directly from Enemy At The Gates

How historically accurate is the claim that commisars mowed down retreating men?

>slavs using MG42 in Stalingrad
Very inaccurate. Blocking detachments had machine guns to defend against a counterattack after a failed assault and commissars would rather arrest them and get them back into another round of fighting.
Blocking detachments usually hated their job and wanted to get into action themselves.

not like it's far off the mark

soviets only defeated the germans at kursk because they rushed tigers with t34s until they were immobilized for all the t34s covering them

I recognize there the work of Zhukov's genius

>slavs using MG42 in Stalingrad

The first COD had everyone using MG42s whenever a fixed MG was called for because they didn't put in anything else.

gotta save resources back in the day

Weren't commissars also seen as the replacement for the unit chaplain, after they got neutered after Winter War?

>not like it's far off the mark
like miles away

Codename Panzers have more accurate Eastern Front.

But I think stuff Close Combat is place for more perfect representation.

I was told there werw 7,000 executions which isnt very much, but i suspect the real number to be higher.

But how many of those weren't just guys trying to desert or ending up at whore houses outside of the zones where they were supposed to camp at outside and inbetween battles?, and not front-line unauthorized retreats like the video suggests Like the other guy said, there's use of putting them back on the front lines, or jailing them and making them do manual labor.

>Codename Panzers
MAH NIGGER

all of them are just all the coolest scenes from various war and action and spy thriller movies thrown together to play out

>implying it wasnt fun until call of duty became something popular to hate on

Try Red Orchestra. The one and only realistic Eastern Front Shooter made to the west of ex-soviet bloc

>implying it wasn't fun until people learned how wrong Enemy At The Gates portrayal of Eastern Front was

Hating on Enemy at the Gates for its lack of accuracy is just as fucking stupid as hating on 300 for the same reason. Stop being such a salty autist and learn to enjoy things.

Russian "tactics"

realcleardefense.com/articles/2016/10/31/maskirovka_from_russia_with_deception_110282.html

>russians are terrible at fighting and have to zerg
>russia is gigantic
and thus, a perfect balance is achieved

They only won at Kursk because the Russkies had way more reserves. Kursk was a massive battle of attrition