Get link to feminist blog

>get link to feminist blog
>run by a professor in gender studies
>why the fuck not, lets check it out maybe its a good one, its a professor so surely she should know something
>"Sometimes, to be a woman over 50 is to feel invisible. It’s walking into a bar or restaurant and no longer being on the receiving end of an admiring glance. It’s feeling like people on the street are looking past you, as if you aren’t even there. Ask a middle-aged woman, and she might say these slights have whittled away at her self-confidence, tricking her into believing the best years are behind her."

im honestly at a loss for words, how can you get a doctorate while being this retarded? are doctorates given away with your mcbacon in america?

America hands out an extremely large number of useless degrees to squeeze money out of idiots.

Blame boomers for thinking it's still the 50s and teaching their kids that getting a degree, any degree, is enough to get them a good career.

gender studies: talking about feelings with big words.

my biggest problem with the paragraph she wrote is that it's literally everyday life for people who are not the most privileged group in the world (attractive upper class women). This is r9k's caricature of the modern woman.

I'm 18 years old, averagely attractive, and I don't get "admiring glances" when I walk into a public place, and people on the streets do look past me. To write a paragraph about this PERFECTLY NORMAL situation is just incomprehensible, especially when you graduated in this field. How can you study a subject for years, and then be this detached from reality?

Well I like Milfs so this simply isn't the cass

You just ugly

>staring lustfully is rape
>not staring lustfully is body-shaming
what the fuck am i supposed to do then

You ask her if you may stare lustfully you patriarchal shitlord

It's not a irrelevant point. Female actors past the prime age pretty much become ignored in Hollywood where it's really hard to land roles if you aren't young.

> shes a milf

>being 50
>still giving shit about how you look sexually
Women are hopeless jesus christ.

My dad already told me once you have three kids stop caring about how you look unless its sexy time for the wife.

We are making a film about crushing inner city life and how difficult it is to get a fullfilling job in this economy. Quick someone get Hellen Mirren!

Movies have to be semirealistic and I dont see hollywood doing a lot of age discrimination. Good female actors are given their age appropriate roles and they are getting better at it. If you are commenting on men up to 60 getting sexy/action roles, thats because that shit actually happens to relatively fit men. 55yo dudes are strong as fuck and they generally age better then women. One a women hit 45-50, ie menopause, age hits most like a ton of bricks. They become drastically older and weaker.
Sean Connery pushed the age thing in his last james bond but made it work. Can you honestly imagine a woman doing that without looking rediculous? Or how about the expendables which is already a joke, you cant deny that those old men look jacked and are jumping around tho. Which female actors would you cast to fit those roles. I can only think of a few and they dont even approach the age of those old geezers.

There are plenty of good actresses who retain good careers as they age. There are plenty of older women playing dramatic and sometimes comedy roles. If you are talking about new comers trying to act at 40, obviously Im gonna cast a woman who has been acting since she was 16 than some nobody who just started. The same goes for men.

i dont understand this

if you need a young girl for a role, you get a young girl
if you need an old lady for a role, you get an old lady
young girls are usually nicer to look at so they get more of them
so what? this also has nothing to do with my point, that basically women ACTUALLY think they have a tough life because they cant ride the cock caroussel any more when they turn 50

>what the fuck am i supposed to do then
stop being a fucking white male

Why is it retarded? She's not wrong. It's basically "tfw getting old" and not something I'd be eager to read but I don't see a problem with her talking about it on her personal blog.

>be hot college grill
>get triggered when dudes look at ur tits

>be 50 yr old Sue Storm-Richards
>get sad when dudes dont look at ur tits

Don't understand.

What did she say that was unreasonable or a lie? Why is everyone in this thread strawmanning?

Because she's getting depressed because she's not getting ogled anymore.
I've never been ogled by strangers, I'm a man. Ugly and fat chicks don't have that privledge either. She's blogging about something a vast majority of humans can't relate to as if it's a serious issue. This is the same kind of lady who complains about being ogled as it's the objectification of women.
She comes off as a spoiled prick.

Well, 'tricking her into thinking her best years are behind her' is unreasonable. Are we supposed to believe the average 60 year old has the same fuckability as the average 20 year old?

Oh the irony.

Whilst attacking her for complaints of a lack of self worth and feelings of sadness for not being noticed, you yourself have done the very same thing.

What's it like being a cringey unself-aware beta?

I don't understand.

You do know the purpose of a blog is to post your thoughts etc.? What is unreasonable about these thoughts?

Fuuug.

she's not talking about herself. She's saying "oh boy, when we get old we lose our ability to suck cock to get everything we want, our life is so hard, poor me'. First of all, this implies that their self image relies on their looks, which implies that theyre very shallow. Secondly, this is the biggest non-issue on every scale imaginable.

He himself hasnt done the same thing. He hasnt said he lacks self worth or is sad for not being noticed.

If you think 60+ are the best years of your life and that the outside world should acknowledge this, then yes, you're unreasonable.

The blog hasn't even been linked and you have strawmanned the OP quote to a degree that is retarded.

Learn to debate, retard.

I AM the OP, faggot

That can't be known until you reach that age, retard.

Pretty sure most people no matter what age wish their future was better.

Again, why are you strawmanning?

Either link the blog so that we may rationally discuss its points or fuck off.

Also, this isn't history, retard.

Sage and report.

Where did I ever say that?
I'd love to be ogled, but I'm not losing any sleep over the lack of it. My self worth is to me, a measure of my own rationale and reasoning and my accomplishments. Not my sex appeal. None of my girlfriends ever dated me because they thought I was beautiful on the outside. I mean, they all said I was handsome but I dunno if I completely agree, but I didn't attract anyone on outward appearance alone I'll tell you that much.
If that were the case I'd still be a kissless virgin I'd rate myself as maybe 6/10 at best.

Not the same guy, but wouldn't that be harassment. I wouldn't want to be even more sexist than I am now with my white-maleness.

She's been told by society for her entire life that her physical beauty is the metric by which her worth is determined. Now that it is gone, she feels like shit, especially because academia values other things like being smart and holding good chair positions. Understandable, imo, even if it seems retarded on the surface like pic related.

It's considerably easier to be a man because typically your sexual standing increases until you are around 40 or so. Women peak at 20 and rapidly fall off the map after 30, which is why they get marriage crazy in their late 20s.

So even though I think feminism is for bored middle class white women, I still sympathize that her self esteem is being crushed every time she goes in public

>global rule 7

A reddit post if I've ever seen one.

PhDs are a fucking joke these days you should hunt around looking for some dissertations done by social scientists they're written at a 7th grade level and some of them never even get corrected for spelling and punctuation errors

Has any serious academic work on feminism ever been published.

left is qt tho i'd harrass her

get her out of the hoodie and we can talk

>don't check me out, I'm not a piece of meat!
>plz look at me ;_;