Why does turkey insist the armenian genocide never happened?

why does turkey insist the armenian genocide never happened?

So they can pretend that the next genocide they commit isn't happening.

The Armenian genocide was committed by the ottoman empire which has nothing to do with the republic of Turkey

Same reason Westerners say the colonies helped the colonized.

Because it never happened

what genocide?

They did kill a large number of Armenians in the Turkish-Armenian war, continuing the policies of cleansing adopted by the Ottoman empire.

I know, right? Apparently relocation is considered "genocide" now.

Most T*rk insist that it was done by K*rd.

Except no Western government says this

Because their mindset is still extremely chauvinistic even though they are no longer an imperial power and they pretend to be stronger than they are.

armenians were actually getting "relocated" - what, turks have a right to exist, they just wanted a peaceful ethnostate

What genocide?

They did in the past a lot.

Can you send me the link to where the Queen of England and the President of the United States apologize for their actions over the last few centuries?

I mean the annual apology they give, the one they say that Japan has also to give.

why the fuck should the current generation apologize for the previous generation's actions? they were completely uninvolved and had no influence. the apology would be entirely hollow and meaningless

Apology isn't acknowledment.
That would be more akin to the Queen of England saying there never was any colonization.

>The Armenians commited the same crimes
years before their own massacres
>Checks wikipedia on the Armenian genocide
>References filled with Armenian and greek names

>Teens here actually believe it happend

>apologizing = acknowledging

What Genocide?

Scuttle away, roach.