How to get rich off of cryptocurrency?

if i bought bitcoins in 2011, i'd literally be a millionaire if i sold them now

what coin can i buy that will make me rich in 2018

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ
forum.ethereum.org/discussion/4392/what-happens-to-miners-after-ethereum-switches-to-proof-of-stake
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of them. Just pick the top 20, spend your life savings on them (weighting for market size), NEET it up and enjoy your christmas present next year

DGB is your first stop

Catch it on the way to a dollar

Is mining Ethereum a good strategy? or is direct investment better.

bitcoin

Probably direct investment at this point. I'm pretty sure ETH is going to POS soon and you won't be able to mine anymore.

You can't even build a mining pc anymore because the best gpu's and motherboards for mining are completely sold out everywhere.

Are you saying there is a gold rush?

what does POS mean?

So from what I am gathering, POS will completely kill mining. Would it be feasible to set up a mining rig, use the remaining time of POW to get ROI and possibly some additional profit, then switch the system over to something like nicehash to basically rent out GPU power for other people to mine altcoins?
I currently use nicehash on my shitty gtx 960 which makes me about $1.50 a day, and was thinking a dedicated rig would be able to get around $10 a day.

Proof of Stake
Basically mining is useless and you only get returns based upon how much you have at stake.
Here is a link that better explains POS:
>github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ
Here is one for the end of mining ethereum once it switches:
>forum.ethereum.org/discussion/4392/what-happens-to-miners-after-ethereum-switches-to-proof-of-stake

Proof of stake. Basically how masternodes work on Dash IIRC. What you need to know is people who have hordes of ETH, say 10,000 can setup something called a masternode to verify transactions and they get paid for it. The rich get richer.

dunno senpai. Never mined before.

Thanks for the link and short explanations!

Do you have any inkling on how many people will stay on the POW fork vs the POS fork?
It is my suspicion that the POS fork will fail due to lack of interest from miners, especially since people who have invested money in rigs basically get shafted.
No problem fampai, trying to learn this shit myself to decide whether mining is worth it

Is there any links, literature, books that you would recommend for a newbie? asking for a friend.

idk even know what the advantage of POW vs POS is for ETH. I'm assuming its so they can cap the supply, but idk. My best guess is most people will just do what Vitalik tells them to do, which would be POS. As for the miners with leftover capacity now, well, they can just switch over to a different coin. Unless I'm mistaken and you need different hardware?

>Unless I'm mistaken and you need different hardware?
Yes and know.
Different algorithms run significantly different on the same rig. Typically, mining rigs are meant to be mining the Algo that has the highest hash rate/monetary return rate so you get the best bang for your buck. For example, a rig built for mining ethereum would not work nearly as well for mining bitcoin. A slight workaround for this would be as I mentioned before and to use nicehash to optimize your old rigs once they are obsolete when the POS fork happens. It basically rents out your gpu (and cpu as well) to a cloud such that other people can mine altcoins. Their software automatically chooses the most efficient system for your rig and they pay you in bitcoin. Nicehash basically rents out your GPU power and pays you in bitcoin for it.

I am thinking that I would be able to apply this to a mining rig once ethereum is kill so that it can find the most efficent algorithm. Then, depending on the algorithm and return method, configure the miner to mine the currency that Nicehash found was most efficient on your system. Although just using nicehash and getting paid in BTC seems like the most stable option.

Buy mooncoin

Primecoin, 100%

Don't listen to anyone here. Everyone told me to go all in on musicoin yesterday and now I'm broke

tfw still making 50 dollar profit on a shitcoin that everybody made losses on

hold it stupid

It's going back up again.

>MFW I BOUGHT DGB AT 300 SATOSHIS
>MFW I SOLD DGB AT 650 SATOSHIS
>MFW DGB IS NOW 232 x 10^8 SATOSHIS

actually I have a noob question
say if I spend my life saving on bunch of scam altcoins now
then even by next year or two they end up staying the same price
is it possible at all to trade them out for other alt coins or even cash out?

or do once coin die it stay dead?

buy vox, sell in a weeks time when it has 10m marketcap.

If you have a lot of money, trying to cash out all of your shitcoins will fuck you up.