Who else wishes we could go back to a fragmented...

Who else wishes we could go back to a fragmented, regional world where people only had limited knowledge of what happened elsewhere, news traveled slowly, and nations constantly had to be on guard lest they be wiped off the map?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SI6wDO2RhTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

me desu

>edge lord would rather return to a time of war fare and larping as kings an shits the live in the most peaceful era man kind has ever known

>literally supports a confusion of the tongues

Why

>implying peace is good

>le golden age meme
lol

That sounds horrible.

hope you never have to experience the opposite, user.

Humanity lost something when there was no more room for merchant adventurers and explorers. There is very little unknown left in the world, at least as far as humanity goes.

Peace is what true warriors strife for.

All of that is irrelevant, because they won a chance to take the stars.

We still didn't explore the galaxy and deep blue sea.

yes I'd rather have 6 of my 10 children die before the age of 5, be completely illiterate and have to live in a land stricken with violence

>be working in the field
>cut yourself on a prickly bush
>die

>live on a small plot of land, somewhere in France
>I barely scrape by, 4 of my 12 children die before the age of 3
>i see nothing more than 100km beyond the spot where I was born
>can't read, write, and can't speak Latin, Greek or conversational Metropolitan French
>catch dysentery and literally shit myself to death by dehydration

Man, I wish I lived back then too, OP.

you do live in that world

Only the first part of that is a semi good thing. People are more angry and unhappy with their lives than ever because they're exposed to just how good/bad and just how fucked up the world is now they have it constant 24/7 news media. It fucks with people's heads to constantly hear about the next mass shooting/bombing/terrorist attack and has desensitized us to actual suffering as we'd be constantly overwhelmed 24/7 with grief if we didn't choose to be ignorant about it all.

The internet has been a double edged sword in this regard. I'm convinced that without the internet deseminating fringe viewpoints, that things like Trump getting elected or Brexit would never have happened.

Once you have people you care about, be it kids or a loving family, yes.

no, humanity hasnt lost anything, western culture went trough a sort of burnout, were to saturated by mass produced culture and technology, too much processed information, the reason people were 'great explorers' in the past was because they were driven and singleminded people, focused, not so much that there werent as many 'distractions' as much that the 'quest' itself was the great distraction, a escape, pushing trough to new spaces where new potential and power might be realised, we just stoped thinking like that as a culture

Exploring the Earth seems a lot more fun and interesting than exploring a huge vacuum.

The reason those people don't exist anymore is quite simply that their work has already been done.

There are not much different between exploring the earth and exploring the space except time and techs.

>Interesting place with many livable habitats and different cultures and valuable things
>a fucking vacuum that literally has no hospitable land whatsoever

Yea man space is totally the final frontier.

Take your garbage normie memes back to plebbit.

how about asteroid mining?

>Arid desert
>Cold tundra
>Wide treacherous ocean
>Jungle hell
>Hospitable

>Comparing Earth to space

Wew lad we've reached the critical point of autism.

edgy

>Interesting place with many livable habitats and different cultures and valuable things
>a fucking space of endless water that has no hospitable land whatsoever

Yea man the ocean is totally the final frontier.

Take your garbage normie memes back to plebbit.

If this guy's experience is any indication of what it'd be like then no.
The way he describes how he expected to have plenty of time to just sit and think about math problems and life but how it all instead turned out that all the work he had to constantly do made him so tired that at the end of the day he didn't have energy or motivation to do anything but just lie down and rest and then repeat the process the next morning.
youtu.be/SI6wDO2RhTQ

Man the fact that so many people just flooded to sign up to the mars space program proves you wrong. If space travel was advanced enough that we could explore space then you'd see explorers show up everywhere.