What are some of the most bitter wars to be fought in history in terms of the sheer hatred between the belligerents?

What are some of the most bitter wars to be fought in history in terms of the sheer hatred between the belligerents?

A good example, since it's two of the most famous, is the Eastern Front in WWII and the Pacific War to give you an idea

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzpAQu2jDZo
amazon.com/Devils-Garden-Crimes-Investigators-Story/dp/1612341721
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best example of modern times is Iran/Iraq war. Imagine WW1 but with modern weapons in the middle east, with both sides eventually turning to child soldiers.

Anything involving Japan

here's a quite good documentary on it for anyone interested, it's only 35 minutes long but it covers the basics.
youtube.com/watch?v=RzpAQu2jDZo

This
sino-nip war was fugd

Anything involving China is fucked too, even their civil wars were a hate fueled murder fest

Boer wars. Especially when you think the English fought it out of pure greed.
Napoleon's invasion of Spain, and the following war of Spanish independence are not mentioned often, yet was brutal as fuck.
Chechen wars.
Balkan wars.
Rebellions against Ottoman rule (and the genocides that followed).
And, of course : the second Sino-Japanese war.

Paraguay vs Argentina Brazil n Uragay

The First Crusade.

>Tfw the most retarded meme war in history actually works and you just decide to murder everyone in Jerusalem because clearly you can do whatever you want.

Both sides turned to child soldiers? I was only familiar with Iran using them.

American Civil War

Rome and Carthage comes to mind

>Napoleon's invasion of Spain, and the following war of Spanish independence are not mentioned often, yet was brutal as fuck.

Everyone hated everyone in that war
Even Brits who were supposed to liberate Spain massacred Spanish civilians on a regular basis

the mutual fight to the death of the pacific war

Salvadoran Civil War, most of my family members who went through/fought in it still aren't over it

Really any Central American civil war during the 70s and 80s

My mom and uncles still can't talk about communists or marxists without screaming with foaming at the mouth hatred

Byzantine-Sassanid War of 602 - 628.

The Finnish retreating line after the weaponized autism pyramids had been used.

Just imagine, there were entire generations of horribly warped guerilla fighters.

Mongol invasion of Baghdad.

It's still going on today

This.

The second punic war was the WWII Eastern front of the ancient world

When your male population drops from 500,000 to 28,000. Talk about sincerity.

any war involving the assyrians

I feel like the Yugoslav Wars have to be up there, crazy shit went down over there. One of the professors at my uni was the lead investigator
(I think, he was definitely one of the higher ups) of Slobodan Milosevic, he wrote a book about it and gave a speech to my forensic archaeology class one time. Wild stuff.Now he's on a History Channel show about looking for Hitler lol

Book: amazon.com/Devils-Garden-Crimes-Investigators-Story/dp/1612341721

>crazy shit
Examples?

>murder everyone in Jerusalem

that is not what happened

The Crusaders chimped out pretty bad in Jerusalem.

Although its not really known, the Battle of Hurtgen Forrest was a blood bath like the US Army hadn't seen before.

The Americans threw wave after wave after wave at the Germans but they held ln bitterly, you don't really hear about it because we got rekt by the Germans and at a horrific cost unlike the just as bloody Battle of the Bulge only weeks later.

Which one are you gonna hear about, the one we won or the one we lost?

Third punic war. Even the Romans found the savagery disturbing.... and they destroyed Carthage and their culture so utterly that even the most homosexual bleeding hear on the planet doesn't care about them.

Especially their civil wars