Why does bitcoin hate me?

Why does bitcoin hate me?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77?source=linkShare-7c91d68766a5-1495615455
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

grow some balls

I have balls, I just don't have infinite money.

play the long game with money your willing to lose when you purchase btc???

>step 1. Buy btc
>step 2. Think of it as a loss and hold
>step 3. ????
>step 4. profit?

you gotta go long and you gotta go hard

only a real man can satisfy

You gotta be ready to lose 20% at any point in time in the crypto game. Are you a female?

You don't need tons of money. Just fucking buy some once and don't sell like a pussy. It will always rise again greater than it fell.

Difficult to believe in the long game when there's a month of violent downtrend and tons of talk about a hardfork and whatnot.

I stuck it out through a couple of those.

>It will always rise again greater than it fell.
There's no way of knowing this.

For all we knew it could have dropped to 300 and stayed there for two-three years.

>bullish market

This isn't written in stone you know.

With the amount of bullish info on btc rn i think it is very hard to lose money on it

>violent downtrend
well it comes in waves, you would like it to only go up? that's impossible
that 'downtrand' is merely a dip in an uptrend as you can see on the chart
but don't invest in BTC now, is looks like a fucking parabole
seems like a correction like that in March is coming

it doesn't hate you, you're just a weak handed faggot who sells out at the slightest dip thinking that its the next crashening.

Learn about resistance levels and have some test-sickles.

What about all the bearish info?

This hardfork business seemed very likely to destroy bitcoin altogether.
And then there was that Chinese surprise regulation popping up in January 2017, which tanked bitcoin for years in 2013.

>Such a nice male that he cannot even hold when the money you put into crypto should be a auto lose.

medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77?source=linkShare-7c91d68766a5-1495615455

You seem to be living a couple of months in the past

The point of the thread was that bitcoin misbehaves every time I get in, and simply shoots for the moon every time I'm out.

All I ever knew was little gains followed by deep drops.
And a man can only take so many of those.

I never ever experienced any moonshots.

I'm talking about a couple of months ago (among others). See pic in OP.

you literally would have ridden that climb if you hadnt be so scared

time in market > timing market

Also, I drew the OP pic wrong.

Pic related is more like it.

red = me in bitcoin, losing money
green = me out of bitcoin, bitcoin mooning

After four months of violent sideways action, it's no longer about "being scared".

You can write off btc losses on your taxes, so why are you so afraid of holding?

Forgot pic of course.

Holy shit are you fucking pussy. Hold it. If you don't have the mental capacity to hold it for 10 years, this isn't for you.

I put down 13k, which was 1/3rd of my liquid assets at the time.

I held through weeks of violent drops, and then gave up.

At the time, it was the sensible thing to do.

Of course I should have held in hindsight, but if I had the magic of hindsight I would have bought in 2010.

The problem is simply that bitcoin moons non-stop whenever I'm not holding any.

then stay out of it so we can moon

If you want me to do you that favor, better not make me buy some out of spite.

Because it will crash when I do.

Been putting half my income into high interest bank account, should I just buy BTC with it instead?

that's the opposite of what I said. Go and buy some ETH, I barely have those

>that's the opposite of what I said
What?

Also, I bought some ETH once, and it immediately crashed 50%.

at least once, and hold for 10+ years

I told you to not buy BTC, you said you would.
Saying you would, is the opposite of what I said.

You can keep buying ETH, if it crashes more people will flock to BTC and get BTC to $10k or something

You sound like an altcoin man. Want to buy some DGB?

You fucking idiot. The point of these coins is that you hold them through the unstable periods. Weeks are nothing in the long run and your graphs only shows 2017, one of the best years of bitcoin ever. Everyone and their mom knew that you hold, no matter what.

The problem is your a pussy because you can write off bitcoin losses in your taxes, so you literally have nothing to lose. Unless, I'm wrong in assuming you pay income taxes.

>You sound like an altcoin man
I definitely am not.

I bought some ETH once to see if it wasn't a 100% shitshow like bitcoin, but as soon as I bought some it crashed 50%. Literally within two minutes.

>I told you to not buy BTC, you said you would.
Maybe you should read what I said again.

This thread is about the fact that bitcoin moons to no end as soon as I'm not holding any.

Bitcoin doesn't moon or crash because of you, stop being so vain. You just have a talent for bad timing.

>Bitcoin doesn't moon or crash because of you
I didn't say it was because of me.

What you don't fucking understand is that you should keep holding. Why the fuck do you ever stop holding? Is it 2023 or 2027 yet? No. So keep holding you fuck.

It's like saying you keep getting Syphilis from fucking black people without a condom. Then complain you keep getting Syphilis from fucking black people without a condom...

I think he's the hand that drives the market.
You just have no faith

>What you don't fucking understand is that you should keep holding.
I'm sure people were saying this in late 2013 too.

I went through four months of violent sideways action as soon as I bought in, I never ever had any consistent gains.
It also seemed like the fundamentals were compromised with the whole fork thing.

So excuse me for not having some doubts.

It's a miracle I lasted four months.

I'm gonna be nice user and give you some proper advice. Invest all you money in ETH (Ethereum). Forget about Bitcoin, and hold like a mofo for the next 5-10 years. HOLD.

Thanks for the money OP, people like you lose so I can win.

You faggots are being so hostile that I have half a mind to buy some bitcoin right now and make it crash.

Fucking dare me.

>I'm sure people were saying this in late 2013 too.
And those people are crypto millionaires now.

Go ahead, I bought the dip in April. I have much more tolerance than you and once you inevitability leave BTC will moon to greater heights. We're due for a contraction anyway.

Not unless they sold at the peak.

>I bought the dip in April
So either this was your first buy-in, and you're a total noob talking shit because he got lucky

or

This was your most recent buy-in, meaning you yourself bought and sold a number of times, and you have no reason to scold me for doing exactly that.

Which is it, user?

Omfg.... Do you think proper investers here buy sell/buy sell bitcoins? Those are daytraders that fuck around with wannabe coins like Reddcoins.

The people who really understand the product, keep it through fluctuations because they know implementations will be hard and inconsistent, but WILL eventually happen. Now stop pussyfooting around. For every fucktard graph of your there are dozens of people who had some balls, kept the currency and profited like a mofo. And you know what they'll do when Bitcoin or ETH drops 80% tomorrow? They'll keep their currency in their wallet till it comes back with a vengeance.

>meaning you yourself bought and sold
it doesn't mean that
it could also mean he has bought and keeps accumulating

>
This was your most recent buy-in, meaning you yourself bought and sold a number of times, and you have no reason to scold me for doing exactly that.

This is your problem, you assume people buy and sell their bitcoins based on short term price. Almost no one does this, except daytraders who trader in currencies other than bitcoins and that is very unpredictable. Stop buying and selling, and hold onto it.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Bitcoin crashed in late 2013, this was my only point.

If April was merely his latest buy-in, it would've made much more sense to talk about his earlier buy-ins than the April """dip""".

the point is that you assume he is selling
he is telling you that he just buys and buys and buys and keeps holding more and more

If April was merely his latest buy-in, it would've made much more sense to talk about his earlier buy-ins than the April """dip""".

I just decided to buy some bitcoin again.

Let's see what happens.

I would be lying if I said I held BTC and just sat on it. I converted most of it to altcoins, but I never cashed out into fiat.

>tfw correction

>I would be lying if I said I held BTC and just sat on it

Then we are the same, you and I.

Except I get reamed the second I buy in, and am left to see the rocket fly straight for the moon the second I exit.

In fact, after my first buy BTC also crashed, but unlike you I didn't convert back to fiat in a panic.

BTC CRASHING 60% BOYES!
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Except I don't convert to fiat and altcoins generally rise with BTC.

>Except I don't convert to fiat
Zero difference.

>Zero difference.
stay poor fag, I'm done giving you advice.

This thread is about getting in and out of bitcoin.

Not about making money in general.
I'm making plenty of money with my job.

>get into bitcoin
>four months of violent up and down, basically going sideways
>get back out
>bitcoin moons 100% with virtually zero resistance in two months

You can't make this shit up.

I didn't actually buy any lol.

>buy BTC
>don't sell them for deprecated Yellencoins
what's so hard about it you fucking mongs?

You are a fucking pussy. If you are not on this because you understand the game theory and what bitcoin means in the world, don't get involved because you'll get smoked.
Stick to wagecucking and AMD stock.

>I have balls,

>I dont invest because the outcome isn't written in stone

Pick one

Advice: Expand your time horizon. Easiest way to reduce risk.

I know about bitcoin and am a firm believer.

I also know that there are many things that need to be ironed out, things that may even tank the whole thing completely.

The point is that I went through 4 months of violent ups and downs, only to see bitcoin shoot straight for the moon as soon as I got out, and then sputter like crazy the second I try to dip my toe back in, and then shoot straight back up as soon as I get out again.

>I dont invest because the outcome isn't written in stone
That's not what I said.
After all, I did invest knowing full well nothing was written in stone.

>The point is that I went through 4 months of violent ups and downs BLAH BLAH BLAH
the point is you're a pussy and you shouldn't sell.
It's not a fucking loss until you fucking cash out.

You sound like a badass and I'm intimidated by you.

>I bought high and sold low, why does bitcoin hate me?

Never change Veeky Forums.

just admit you fucked up, don't blame the coin, blame yourself, and accept you lost money.
This is the only way to learn

Calm down.

I'm simply pointing out the frustrating turn of events.

You're supposed to buy and HOLD for the long term and ignore all the bad news from the naysayers, you weak willed faggot

Sure.

But it's very unfortunate that I got in at the worst possible time, and ended up getting frustrated enough after four months of this shit to get out at the worst possible time.

Is all I'm saying.

>This thread is about getting in and out of bitcoin.
>Not about making money in general

So why the fuck are you even remotely interested in gettin in?
Your hobby is losing money?

Because I didn't expect to get caught up in the biggest, longest shitshow bitcoin experienced since the late 2013 crash.

So what did you expect?
You already said it isn't thread about making money.

I didn't expect the second-worst period in bitcoin history to start days after I first bought bitcoin.

>bitcoin inflation vs. time
Where did you get that graph?

Also IMO bitcoin is closer to commodity like gold rather than currency.

>Where did you get that graph?
Literally google it.

It's not that Bitcoin hates you, it's just that you hate money, that's all.

Better get it sorted user.

>all eggs must be in 1 basket at all times

I ordered few ounces of gold today, paid with Bitcoin.

>all eggs must be in 1 basket at all times
Never said that, but the more you even the odds, the greater the odds of breaking even.

Nnnnow I bought some.

Let's see what happens next.

i got a few grand and waiting for an dip to buy in BTC. Should I keep waiting or just buy ETH?

Instantly dipped 20 bucks lmao.

Just hold onto it until it goes up quite a bit

Honestly when you're investing in things like these you really should just do so with money you don't really care about, that way even if you buy just before a crash it doesn't bother you that much to hold through it in hopes that it will rise again.

WEAK HANDS
You have to trade with confidence. If market fluctuations are enough to scare you off, you shouldn't be trading. If you think it's going up, STICK TO YOUR DAMN GUNS.

Yeah, that's a lesson I learned the hard way.

I started out with 3k, and seeing how it did well I dropped another 10k, and that's when the shtf.

And honestly incurring a loss on that 13k I wouldn't have bothered me so much if I wasn't also buying a house.

At least I did well in that regard: 30k net profit selling my current house, and buying a new house 100k below market value (according to bank-appointed appraiser).

It's not the fluctuations I'm scared of, it's crashes and downtrends.

stop day trading if you suck at it

Wasn't day trading. Just trying to avoid getting sucked into the abyss.

DOo you even did any research before you get into this game? Or you just jump right in?

I did research this, yes.

I knew for instance that bitcoin had a steep bubble lasing a few weeks in late 2013, followed by a steep drop, and that by early 2017 bitcoin had been steadily increasing for about 1.5 years and was therefore in a strong bull market.

Dropped over 60 buck by now.

L M A O
M
A
O

BUY HIGH SELL LOW

Do it. I wanna buy the dip

Do you did any research beside what happened to bitcoin? Do you know how to invest and how to speculate? Do you even set any goal with bitcoin investments?

Do you even know what you're doing? Because your actions seems erratic and clueless.

You shouldn't have been so hostile to me itt guys.

I told you it would come down the second I bought some bitcoin.

I TOLD YOU DIDN'T I???

Now look what you made me do.