TFW REALIZE WHERE WE ARE

Seen this fucking guy on here saying we're due to pop? Not so fucking fast faggot. Institutions have only just started getting involved, that first sell off hasn't come, media still isn't interested, the public has no fucking idea. Fucking hell Veeky Forums is going to be full of lunatic fucking millionaires by the time this jig is even close to up, mania phase is going to be fucking sick.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/cryptocurrencies-and-market-weirdness-2017-5?IR=T
imdb.com/title/tt4654844/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t. totally not about to lose money when the bubble burst

I'll ride this bitch all the way to despair, eat shit nocoiners!

we entering media attention & euphoric phase.
fast your seatbelts

What does this graph look like to you?

Does it look like its at take off? No
>media attention
Bitcoin has been in the media for years, I watched a 1 hour show on Bitcoin just 2 days ago on TV

It's nice that everyone is making money currently, but this will also come crashing down eventually as this kind of growth is not sustainable

haha the bubble was just a meme from yesterday get out oldfag

>ftw I only have 155 ETH

I want a lambo too :(

But this literally is a new paradigm.

>Bitcoin has been in the media for years, I watched a 1 hour show on Bitcoin just 2 days ago on TV

what was the show ?
if you live in the silicon valley, lots of people know about bitcoin, but most of the world have no idea

>Bitcoin has been in the media for years
True, but for the wrong reasons. Bitcoin made the headline in one of our top newspapers, still speaking about it like a scam. The title even mentioned the first bubble, the tullip one. It's still not regarded as the future of money, it's still considered a ponzi scheme. We're close to the take off, but still a long way to go.

I love it when people claim that this growth isn't sustainable. You fail to understand that this growth is only a shift out of fiat and into crypto. No value is being created. It is only people transferring money they already have into a different asset/currency. This can continue as long as people think that crypto is a better store of value or investment than zero-interest bank accounts and stocks and bonds. A correction might come, but only because people lose confidence and that is still a distant future.

>media still isn't interested

businessinsider.com/cryptocurrencies-and-market-weirdness-2017-5?IR=T

imdb.com/title/tt4654844/

No, media has shown both good and bad sides of crypto for a long time, claiming that it's only been shown as a scam is completely false.

>were close to the take off

You do realise thing go up and down all the time? And right now we are way past take off and people have begun shorting BTC since a fall is expected

Once the crash is complete a new support will be found and then this whole thing starts over again

Stop being delusional, a part of the BTC holders are doing it because of that (eg chinese) but once they feel safe again they will withdraw from Bitcoin.

A total crypto market cap increase of x3-x4 in the matter of 3 months is not sustainble at all, you actually have to be retarded to believe this. It's being fueled by people wanting to earn quick money, which is a snowball effect and this snowball will do the same in reverse once people get weak hands.

Also

>but most of the world have no idea

That's funny, I was at the hairdresser the other day and she knew about it after I mentioned investing in crypto, and she knew it from a friend who told her. She even knew about ETH

A hairdresser with no interest in crypto or tech other than iphones knows about crypto, claiming that its not mainstream is false, most people have heard about Bitcoin 1 way or the other but their knowledge might be small

I hope it's a bubble. That means when it pops, I can buy big at the bottom, wait it out for a year or two, and still make nice money.

wtf where do you live ?

sweden

This is true, my father knew about ripple 3 weeks ago from the news paper, he's your average manolo (Spain).
Shit's going to crash, when? I don't know as far as I know even if they know about it they don't know how to invest on coins, it's far too complicated for your typical citizen.

That's more than enough for a Lambo in a few years.

Yeah been thinking about this. Banks gonna lose a lot of money in the decades to come.

Banks gonna make less money, you mean. They still have 30% profit margins thanks to ignorant/fearful goyim.

Because as of now cryptos are full of promises without having achieved anything significant, and also because institutions are afraid of open systems without central management where they have no control and where consensus is tedious and sometimes destructive.

Y'all as dumb as you sound on this board really.

enough to buy a lambo but not enough to live the lambo lifestyle

>And right now we are way past take off and people have begun shorting BTC since a fall is expected
There's going to be a lot of people that go broke from shorting bitcoin, I hope you aren't one of them. Meanwhile if bitcoin goes back to $500, which I doubt, I'll have only doubled my initial investment from trading memecoins.

You really think *this* is the wave where eveyone and his dog gets involved with cryptocurrency?

Personally I don't think we're there yet. I guess it will boom and crash and boom and crash at least a couple more times.

I don't think we will see mass normie adoption for at least another 5 years.

holy fuck dude you're a moron

> Because as of now cryptos are full of promises without having achieved anything significant

For most cryptos, he's not wrong.

You're right in that there will be greater moons years in the future, but this one is already close to climaxing.

>nocoiner not even bothering to pay attention
>institutions are afraid and staying out
>meanwhile citibank, Microsoft, Goldman Sach, and more are getting involved
You're going to regret having hundreds of people a day tell you to invest in the Google/Microsoft of your day and still not doing so.

I do not understand why everyone is so afraid of "normies" buying into crypto. You do realize the success of crypto currency is contingent on mass adoption? This ain't some equity in a company that may or may not be valued correctly.

Because after all the normies have bought in there's nowhere to go but down.

Normalfags have obviously not bought in or it would be a far higher value than it currently is. At this stage its like back in the early nineties when most people were saying, "Yeah, I've heard of that internet thing" but with very few people actually having it.

Crypto market cap is $90 billion. World market cap is $70 trillion. It WILL continue to go up, so it may as well be a nice ride as more jump in.

You still haven't backed up that logic though. If they buy into crypto currency as a currency it means they are using it as a store of value and a way to transfer it. If you look at it as a vehicle for investing, more "normies" simply means a higher market cap and more money.

You're assuming that after they realize it won't be an easy investment vehicle they will sell and cause it to crash?

Actually more posts like these point to the fact that we are in the "NEW PARADIGM!!!!" stage

Yeah I'm not saying it's close to happening yet, just that somewhere down the line someone will be left holding some very very heavy bags.

It's zero-sum, but everyone can pass on their bags to the newbies, until there are no newbies left.

This guy gets it.

We are at the top.

People buying in now are clueless normies, idiots and laggards.

>Bitcoin has been in the media for years, I watched a 1 hour show on Bitcoin just 2 days ago on TV

This, mainstream knows about Bitcoin now. Bitcoin is nothing "obscure" anymore.

>It's nice that everyone is making money currently, but this will also come crashing down eventually as this kind of growth is not sustainable

Completely agreed. This might correct 50-70% easily. Very easily.

>Veeky Forums is going to be full of lunatic fucking millionaires
Kek'd, this is exactly like im imagining this place. I only have several bitcoins at the moment but I hope that I will be celebrating with you all.

Exactly.

The entire Crypto Market isn't even the size of Apple. Granted Apple creates value, but again, this ain't stocks, it's a currency.

zero-sum still assumes that it won't continue to grow on average, it will. I fully expect a marketcap in the trillions within 20 years.

uh, isn't the etheral summit literally institutional investors phase?

Again with this fear of the "mainstream". Why would you want Bitcoin to be "obscure"? And where did you pull the 50-70% from? Out your ass?

Then invest in XRP. There's a coin and tech for everyone. Bottom line is that blockchain is winning so fucking hard and will continue to do so until some glorious new tech like quantum computing comes out.

yes, yes it is

butthurt bagholder laggard normie detected

If this corrects 50% I'm up 300% on the year. I'm not going to sell my crypto regardless, I held through a bear market for years, I am only going to continue to focus on accumulating until its a trillion dollar marketcap or until I have over $5 million at which point I'll withdraw half to put it in an index fund and live off of it and my ETH stakings instead of watching charts all day.

This seems like a good idea, I would like to pursue the same goal. How much do you have/want to invest? And what would be your advice for someone who has ~3 BTC right now and about $5k - $7k to invest right now?

lel okay my dude

I currently have $37k off of a total investment of $5k. My advice is to have most of your portfolio in ETH/ETC/ZEC right now, forget about it, and check that again in a month. Also watch news for major onboards from companies and get in as soon as you see it, people will FOMO in hard, this isn't stocks where news is a sell despite the meme. Look at ZEC's price over the past few days in light of the Goldman Sachs news.

Then with what you want to actively trade watch Veeky Forums, look for things to be posted with marketaps under $5 million which haven't already pumped heavily. Buy immediately with 1/5 of your trading stack and sell 90% at a 20% gain(you can increase this a bit later when you start feeling more comfortable with the pattern and watching price movement). Don't get carried away by talks of moonshots and such and hold it all, hit your target and get out. Keeping a small stack lets you still get a little extra profit from a coin if it does actually moon while still having realized profit if it tanks to 0. This might not be super flashy but its nice and consistent.

When a correction occurs dump every memecoin you're still holding at market price and buy get back into longterm holds like ETH/BTC.

I like this strategy. Thanks man.
I do think ETH will overtake BTC because of its use as "crypto oil"

Also another thing to note is not to chase trades. If nothing looks good for the day then just stay out, you don't have to be constantly trading. Took me a little bit to learn that with some small losses/breaking even due to just trying to hop on whichever coin was closest to my criteria at the moment even if it didn't look that great.

That's what I'm dealing with lately. I just started and got lucky with DGB (although I sold at about 52 mil market cap, now it's literally gone to the moon). Still, I agree that hitting 20% gains is a consistent goal and should be stuck to in this crazy market.

If you look at this from a distance, it looks like a dude with his ass in the air and is jerking off in this weird position.

...might try this later, thanks for the idea senpai

bah kek

just how big could the total market cap get if the memes are true and this really is web 3.0? I havent found much good written material on the future of the blockchain and crypto.

i also dont think normies are paying attention, they certainly aren't investing. Not a SINGLE normie i know can even grasp basic economics. they have barely any savings and are all in debt.

i think we are still years away from mainstream

Given how cheap everything is and how low the barrier to entry is, anyone here who isn't blowing 10k on this is an idiot. Downside: you stand to lose 10k tops. Upside: you stand to be a crypto billionaire by the time you youngfags are in your 50's. This is a no-brainer. The ship hasn't even left the harbour yet.

This.

I'm waiting for atleast a 50% correction in a few months, before I buy in again.

This. Started a month ago with 10k. Fucked up majorly several times, missed tons chances, portfolio went down 20% during the Bitcoin break-out, stagnated and then slowly regained and grew steadily over the past week - and I STILL made it to 50k (60k if you include the money I took out for various reasons). Now that I have more knowledge and experience under my belt and started actual day-trading on top of medium/short investments, shit will grow much more than quicker. And I'm still a fucking noob. It's insane.

Just heard a few people say in regards to bitcoin that ship has sailed. Find the next oppurtunity. There will be no top till they finally give in and buy at a much higher price.

Can I include this in a testimonial for normies?

I think 2-3 trillion in 5-10 years sounds realistic and maybe even conservative. Theres no way to predict the futute, but seeing the growth and increasing media coverage sure makes me think so.
Im studying finance, and even in my finance class there are only a few who have even heard about bitcoin or crypto, and even less people know what and how to do with it and what its purpose is. Accumulate and hop on as many moon missions as you can right now, and you will be able to retire early and have the easy life everyone dreams about.

Include mine. I've gone from 2k to 100k over 5 years (only been actively trading for a month), despite mistakes, doubt, cashing out early and other missteps along the way. Being in this forum of almost inside knowledge is going to give me a life I could have only dreamed of. I'm a 21 year old student in a shitty casual job and I have more money than almost everyone in my age and my position.

t. retard who doesn't realise these cycles can and do happen more than once

Happy for you user

Thank you user

That's not how t. works you stupid newfag.

mate that sounds fucking tops. congrats. what made you the most money and what are you holding now?

Yep, you better sell now.

kek. dont be this guy my friends

also, digits.

LOL

weak hands gon be weak

This guy did the right thing.

Thanks user, this seems like a good advice. And what about buying BTC now? Should I put my $5k into BTC now and move it to ETH, or wait for The Dip™, I wont lie Ive waited from ~$1850/BTC because I thought that it will drop a few hundred bucks when it hits 2k, and now were reaching 2,5k with no signs of stopping.

I put 2.5% of my assets into cryptos now. How much are people willing to lose it all? Risking 1% to 10% is reasonable since I can make that back in a year's time. Is there anyone risking 50%+ of their assets? That's just gambling and insane.

90% here
It's impossible to lose money

>90% here
90% of your lunch money? You people are funny.

Yep, rule of thumb is 10% max in speculative assets, rest in moderately dynamic or defensive assets like stocks, bonds and real estate.

how does it work then retard?

Actually we're at the tipping point of an adoption S curve, or perhaps a little before that.

It's enough to diversify and earn enough to live the Lambo lifestyle through compound interest however