Shoulda Coulda Woulda

What's your biggest regret in crypto? What are you doing to ensure that you don't make the same mistake again?

I'm not talking about, "hurr durr I woulda bought btc when it was 20 cents". I'm talking about the times when you chose to forego a clear opportunity when it was presented to you. You had the money, you had the info, and decided to say no thank you.

SiaCoin. I had the btc, I knew it was good, but I just procrastinated. It was 60 sats the time and before I knew it's 400 sats now.

>attempting to 'day trade'
>leaving 14btc on mtgox
>believing shitcoin shills on Veeky Forums. i got lucky and made a profit but i'm not going to be that dumb again

and the obligatory btc regrets

>mined THOUSANDS of coins in 2009 and forgot about them. the hard drive is in landfill somewhere.
>selling my coins in 2010
>selling my coins in 2012
>selling my coins in 2013

I sold 700+ eth for 10k after the dao hack.

I feel like killing myself everyday.

I would really enjoy torturing the hacker.

Sold off my 1m RDD at 58sat.
The coin only has volllume at the moment due to biz shilling, but it's still going up. No Dev activity for the past month, people reporting lost coin in their tipping platform, but it's still going up. This thing is pure shill-hype and that's why I sold... But it's still going up.

btc was never 20 cents

Bought 12600 XRP at 0.006$, sold them at 0.04$ because I panicked.
I know this isn't much but it is pretty big when you are a college student in Bosnia.

why not search the landfill? if you did some research and contacted the trash company they could tell you an area where it would be. If you had at least 1000 you'd be searching for 2mil. It could be easier than you think.

It still has potential user, buy it now for 400 sats or you will feel the same next month. It is so undervalued now

maybe if he called them the day after he binned it

not months/years after

Staked 40% of my BTC on ETH and 10% on XRP, when XRP was one cent... Will probably lose it all chasing the lambo I deserved.

I lost 200 ETH when I panic sold after the DAO hack and bought back in when it recovered

I also sold 200 ETH the other day when it reached £100 and it rose to £150 the next day

I had 500,000 XRP and sold it for ETH two weeks before the epic pump. Would have had $180,000 now. Then two weeks after ETH pump was over, XRP was still pumping and I was mad I was still missing gains so I sold 200 of my ETH for XRP trying to short it to get a some more ETH before the conference on friday. XRP crashed and I held on thinking that it would go back up and could still catch the end of the ETH pump. I ended up missing the the ETH pump and lost 3 btc and 120 ETH. So I lost like $30k this past weekend.

My whole crypto stash is 155 ETH now and I'm scared to touch any of it ever again.

>mfw

They keep records of where stuff goes. They find human remains from decades ago this way. Hire 10 Mexicans from the Home Depot parking lot and this gets even easier.

Bought RDD and XVG at 7
Sold both at 14 and 15

Shit that's painful, FOMO is a hell of a drug

Yeah I lost 200 ETH when I sold after the DAO hack, hurts to think about

And what did you learn from the mistake of throwing your private key in the garbage?

Not investing in moon coin will be boys.

> I tried to mine eth. I didn't work. I deleted everything.
> Did research about eth. Thought it be a scam. Decided not to buy eth at 12$.
> Didn't buy btc at 512$ and 1000$ because I thought "murr duhh overvalued gurr daag pump n dump".
I had 500€ to invest in eth. :(
Now I'm a kind a depressed and to afraid to enter the market. My money is also lost. Only thing left to me is trolling (sometimes, not often). I hate myself for my failures.

It was only in 2013 that the coins started to become valuable enough for me to really feel the pain. Try finding something as small as a laptop underneath 4 years of landfill. It's gone and I've moved on from it. If you want to go on a treasure hunt see below

Bitcoin in 2009 was just an interesting novelty since I was studying comp sci at the time and showing bitcoin to my mate. Some of the people on my course tried out the bitcoin client and mined with it only to completely forget about it an hour later.

>There are possibly old machines in mine and various other university comp sci labs with bitcoin wallets on them containing hordes of coins

bought 4 eth for $70 and wasted it all on a gambling site.

mate dont feel too down. Why not get back on the horse and do what you can now?

Dont live in the past.

>My money is also lost.
wtf did you buy to already lose it all? I mean, a week from now I could understand since the bubble is gonna pop, but not really before that

im ok mate i have a healthy stash. i didn't sell everything and always held on to a handful. i have accepted it and moved on, having learned tough lessons regarding investing, that would usually take most people decades to learn, if ever. i ain't mad

>well maybe a bit

you'll always be mad, but fuck it. You aint got cancer or anything fucking up your life right? Living well? It's just extra dosh.