Serious question, how long do you guys plan to hodl?

Serious question, how long do you guys plan to hodl?

How low does btc/eth need to drop for you to lose your grip and faith?

If in some case the actual real threat, the central bank actually decides to battle it's decentralized enemy, what stops them to simply buy everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You never sell BTC no matter how far it drops, it always goes back up.

so you sit on it until you die? retirement?

Sit for 40 years.

Do you think when people talk about net worth that that's all the money they have in their hands? No, you just hold forever and withdraw what you need.

Ill hold as long as needed to become a homeowner.

I just started with this, I am in 0.25 btc, kind of afraid to buy more at this moment because the local dealer is shady so I am going step by step.

That's why I am asking you guys, I am totally in this for the long run, looks like a big fucking deal

1-2 years if none of these coins deliver the services and products they claim

Maybe 4-5 years otherwise.

10 if it really is le web 3.0

This. Want to buy a nice place out in the country and a small apartment in the city.

what do you guys think about this post?

I am also interested in what actually backs up their value, currently the only value I see is people seeing value in it and kind of ignore the faults, which are of political and computational nature

I'm just going to hold until I can buy a house to rent out or a business and then take what profit I make and put it right back it
If shit hits the fan my precious metals will keep me from starving

ETH isn't a coin. It's the future of the fucking internet. You want to own a part of the future internet don't you user? Keep for 20 years while you see the world change.

You sit on it until it goes mainstream around the world so you don't need to cash out. Same with ETH.

Elaborate? I kind of understand what you meant by that I would value some educated explanation from anons.

For me, until I can afford a large down-payment on a home plus extra. 40 years is a bad plan imo; if the dollar fucking tanks, that's not going to boost crypto in the long term. Crypto is mostly used for relative luxuries (e.g. Amazon purchases, tech, drugs, etc), and those things always suffer during a true economic downturn. Who the fuck knows what the government will do if crypto truly threatens fiat power; we surely all know about what FDR did to people with gold.

Putting a number on it, I figure roughly the next 5 or so years are safe though, maybe as long as 15.

Pretty much it will decentralize anything and everything. Now all the money goes through banks, loans, mortage, whatever... With ETH you won't just be able to trade money without using banks, you will be able to form any financial contract through ETH.

But not just financial contract, anything that requires computer cooperation such as encrypted messaging etc. ETH will form an entire internet, within the internet. Will take time for it to develop though.

and what stops banks and their government puppets to shut down the system, make it illegal or completely buyout everything? surely it is a threat to their supreme domination over earth's economy

They would have to lockout majority of computers on the planet. Good luck with that.

considering that majority of the computers/crypto miners are in China, it would only take one country to make a huge impact

Nah, the miners don't have nearly enough influence power as people think they do. They are literally the network's accountants. Even if the chunk mining giants can somehow be stopped that will simply slowdown or halt the network for a while.

so what are in your opinion the real actual threats to the system and potential downfalls?

Normies get scared easily though. Bitcoin continues to grow because of government acceptance; if Trump or the next pres decide to pull an FDR (confiscating all gold and forcing it to be traded with American fiat) you can kiss all your sweet moonrocks goodbye.

Honestly, either the team can't make good on their future developments, which seems unlikely since they seem to be a very reliable, intelligent team that have their shit together and have performed greatly so far.

Otherwise, the bubble might burst because implementation of ETH happens too slowly, like with the dotcom burst. But overall ETH seems safe and sure as fuck. Way better than bitcoin at least.

Until i can cash out with enough money to be financially independent and acquire income generating assets.

Does the goverment have the power to remove a decentralized currency? And wouldn't such a trump move only increase bitcoin value? Since bitcoin is the new gold, the go to currency when the economy goes to shit?

The biggest downfall of BTC I would say would be if a successor comes out and does everything better than BTC does. That includes better immutability/security and scalability on the level BTC is at right now. Since none of the altcoins are nowhere near BTC's league in terms of market cap I'd say that won't happen any time soon.

Russia just legalized crypto currency this month because they realized a public ledger would cut down on corruption. The UN uses ETH to send money to countries with unreliable banking infrastructure. This technology is simply too useful to ban. Any country that does will effectively isolate themselves from the world economy.

One thing ETH doesn't have is BTC's immutability. Otherwise it is an amazing platform that will revolutionize the world.

Please stop with the ETH vs BTC meme. They don't compete.

Actually Litecoin is everything Bitcoin is and better and it's worth shit. Which really shows how bitcoin is valuable because it was the First and Because it has become the cryptostandard to compare everything with.

ETH will eventually take it over though. But eventually ETH will take on the role of a mediator platform more than that of a currency, causing a comeback of many cryptos, including Bitcoin.

All they have to do are the following steps

1. Declare it an illegal competing currency, ban Newegg, Amazon, etc from accepting it
2. Offer a grace period where people can trade crypto in for cash (probably at very sub-value prices)
3. Make the SEC like the RIAA, randomly sue college students for trading it
4. Seize domains like madmen

Do all that, and you kill the value. It wouldn't increase the value of crypto for already-illegal products like drugs or cp, what it would do is increase the value of those products themselves.

Not saying any of that WILL happen, but it's all within the power of our all-powerful government. If shit hits the fan in the stock market, with foreign trade, or other things, things could get really ugly.

They are actually competing... for now. ETH platform hasn't been fully developed yet, the competition will disappear when it's implemented.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

>litecoin is worth shit
>300% growth over 3 months
You are either one of those crypto newfags or just a plain ETH shill cuz you have tons invested into it.

The growth is due to a massive growth in all cryptos recently due to regulatory changes. Litecoin is worth bit more than its was a few months ago before it crashed again. Look longterm. Litecoin doesn't have anything unique to sustain long term growth.

every single alt grew you imbecile

Umm guys, terrorist attack, internet is going down.

>Orders all ISPs to shutdown connectivity to normies and non elites

ETH BTFO
BTC BTFO
CRYPTO BTFO

I guess computational power and electricity cost/investment on the miner side creates a value. There's also the functionality each coin aims to acheive. Which has value. Then lastly, more and more people trust it/have confidence.

Fucking ethnocentric americans not realizing there are countries outside Murica.

America?

I'm British. I am also aware that there are UN resolutions in place, along with EU and US ones that allow governments to zap the net whenever they so choose in the name of... cyber-warfare

The internet by its very nature is too decentralized to go down.

As long as two computers can connect with one another, it's still an internet.

So ALL the ISPs go down? Fine. Do what Cuba does and hack a new internet together using phone lines, etc. Switch to a peer-to-peer internet using local wifi. The internet will never "go down".