Ethereum kinda might be the future internet dude

Using Ethereum, IBM and Samsung worked on a proof of concept where a washing machine could:

order its own detergent when it runs out
call its own repairman when it breaks down
DO THE LAUNDRY WHEN ELECTRICITY IS CHEAPEST!

The one true jewcoin.

i mean you kinda don't need ethereum to do any of those things

I just had an epiphany: automation isn't going to kill jobs because now the means of production are so cheap and decentralized (personal computers/servers) that many can invest, so the value of the work is still transferred to us and we're among the first to enter the market before it gets crowded. Fuck yeah capitalism

Don't "need" it, but given the option between $$$ or just an expensive crowdsupported room heater, most people will go with the former

Don't you have to spend ETH to utilize the network?

Holy shit. Robots can't own stuff.

smart ones called humans can cue the Twilight Show theme song.

>MUH NEW PARADIGM!!!

Retard, this means you are at the top.

>Ethereum kinda might be the future internet dude

Another lame "NEW PARADIGM" top of the bubble post.

Damn, I should really be cashing out my 400'000$ now. But I'm not...what the fuck is wrong with me. I guess I don't want to pay capital gains taxes, yeah...thats right.

Just wait till there's smart contract run almost fully automated corporations. There will be so many middle management and even some executive jobs that are killed that it will disrupt everything. Then they'll probably raise tax rates to make us support the nocoiners so we'll have to mitigate this by giving the politicians kickbacks for tax loopholes.

legit frightened by how much money im making on ETH

We're like early settlers using slave labor and working out way to having plantations. Except instead of blacks in chains it's the block chain.

I'm so glad I identified correctly the symbolism in illuminaticoin and got in earlier.

Yeah. On the one hand it feels like dirty money but on the other it helps to think of it as stealing part of the jews' money for yourself.

Better in our hands than in Shekelberg's pockets.

>order its own detergent when it runs out

what if i don't want weird detergent men coming to my frontdoor
>call its own repairman when it breaks down

what if i don't want weird repairmen coming to my door

>DO THE LAUNDRY WHEN ELECTRICITY IS CHEAPEST!

what if i don't want the laundry to be done whenever the washing machine wants to

Smart contracts are fucking stupid and ETH is overpriced AS FUCK . I rode the ETH ride from $50 to $200 but I can't see the point of the technology it's just too autistic

>too autistic
Has the past year not taught you the power of weaponized autism yet?

>Robots can't own stuff.

If a robot could incorporate and become a legal entity that can own stuff. It may be the ONLY way a robot/ai can have legal protection and own property. It'd have to form a corporation, sell itself to that corporation, then draft some sort of legal documents stating the machine has 100% authority on the board. It would in essence own itself.

I wonder what'd happen if such an AI were to run on the etherium network.

is it too late to get into ETH?

I feel like the bubble is going to pop any minute and I should just wait for the dip.

>what if i don't want weird detergent men coming to my frontdoor

what is the mail man

>what if i don't want weird repairmen coming to my door

they would contact you first

>what if i don't want the laundry to be done whenever the washing machine wants to

you'll still have that option

Deny ETH all you want but it's the future desu.

My feelings exactly. Also it takes days to get USD into Coinbase, so when I wanted to buy at $160 I would've had to wait 1 week for the funds.

You just get fucked left and right!

It takes days to complete the transfer, but the price is locked in once you hit the buy order.

Now i'm waiting for a dip in ETH but it might not dip. AAARG

>now the means of production are so cheap and decentralized (personal computers/servers) that many can invest, so the value of the work is still transferred to us

Wait, so you mean that our ideal and highly specific form of communism is just about to be tried for the very first time? Exciting times!

>what if absolutely everything you did was governed by a cryptojew microtransaction
truly the future

...yes, what's your point?

The washing machine has its own computer that would be WiFi connected to track when electricity is cheapest (this info is published by your local municipal electricity provider), and would be able to monitor its own internal detergent level autonomously. Then, when a refill is needed, it uses WiFi to connect to a wallet and expenses the purchase of more detergent. The block chain is really only useful for the transaction portion of this process, and in all honesty, there's nothing in this use case that couldn't be done today using fiat.

i-is it too late to mine eth?

Look at it's history, it never dips. We fucked up mate

None of these things require eth, not even the automated payment. You could do all of this by giving your super fancy new washer-dryer your credit card info, but why would you? It'll just get hacked because Internet connected appliances are inherently insecure due to the effort involved in patching them securely.

As dumb as putting your credit card info into your washer is, imagine if you were doing that with a wallet that can't be insured or recovered in case of loss of funds. Pretty stupid, right?

>...yes, what's your point?

Well if you give a normie the option do pay money do so something the decentralized way, or do something the centralized way for free they're mostly going to pick the latter.

I agree. I'd probably do it that way too for most things; fact of the matter is, my data is pretty boring, and aside from my washer detergent preference they wouldn't learn a whole hell of a lot. In exchange, I get assurances that my funds will be secured in case of breach, and the advantage of not having to fund a crypto wallet whose sole purpose is to buy washer detergent.

"past performance is not an indicator of future results"

You are completely ignorant of how the Ethereum network works.

Ethereum is faster, better, and more secure when it comes to making transactions across a network. Traditional financial networks have latency issues and are vulnerable to attacks by malevolent agents. P2P decentralized computer networks like Bitcoin and Ethereum are currently the most secure networks in the world, that are not only practically invulnerable to attack (through the use of asymmetrical cryptography), but also solve the latency issues experienced by traditional centralized networks with controlled flow, a computer science term meaning the ability to resolve processes or transactions into their correct order.

Another thing worth mentioning is that microtransactions are very expensive for existing financial networks to process (think of how you get charged a small fee when using your credit card). With Ethereum, all transactions cost a fraction of a percent of the total transaction value to process, making it much easier for smaller payments used in the Internet of Things to process.

So long story short, the Ethereum network and it's Solidity language are literally the perfect tools with which to implement the internet of things.