What's your favourite Historical Accurate movie?

What's your favourite Historical Accurate movie?

Mine is "A Bridge Too Far". Great casting, follows real history very closely and amazing use of actual military units and vehicles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiFeYxlPYy4
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1946's "Theirs Is The Glory" was filmed in Arnhem with actual Market Garden vets (including some famous ones). Bonus" real Panther tanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=fiFeYxlPYy4

Isn't that the one that used mock-ups of Panzer IV's/Tigers based on Leopard tanks? It seems to be a common thing for old WW2 movies to rarely have correct weaponry and vehicles. Come and See, a Soviet film about the war, had Germans using Enfield rifles. You would think they would've had plenty of Kar 98s on hand after the war but apparently not.

obviously

If we can pick individual scenes from movies, then no doubt the D-Day landing in Saving Private Ryan.

I saw it but didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I should have.

I liked the old Battle for Britain movie with Michael Caine but have no idea if it's accurate

The Wind That Shakes the Barely

Perfect depiction of the Irish Revolutionary War and the Irish civil war,
I'm surprised the Birts allowed themselves to be portrayed accurately (child killing rapist thugs)

It began to fuck with my head when they were trying to get on the plane to escape....

>mfw the kraut listening to the record player in the basement realizes he and the entire 6th army has been betrayed by a madman and his pride
>mfw they were never fighting for all germans, but for a few germans the entire time

Just recently saw Barry Lyndon and god damn was it good. It felt like a more in depth look into a society we think we can relate to, but which is actually quite alien to the 21st century mind. Also the first battle scene really gave me chills, and a great deal of respect for anyone who coUldale manage to stand and fight through a line battle.

not even a naziboo but I can watch der untergang over and over again

they should make a version where it's stalin refusing to evacuate Moscow in late 1941

Master and Commander doesn't count because of the fictional plot right? Because the sets, the scenes and even the jokes are pretty fucking great.

Nah the 1959 version is way better.

what movie is this?

Waterloo really got me solidly into the napoleonic era.
Steiger could be over the top sometimes in it but the sight of all those real-life extras is so incredible
>tfw they'll never make movies like Waterloo or Zulu again and everything is just going to be computer generated

/tv/, please...

wehraboo spotted

Enemy at the Gates

Was not 100% accurate but it portrayed the attitudes the soviet men had towards both the Germans and Soviet High Command during the desperate struggle of "It's either their bullets or our bullets" and how they was a war within a war between the main character and the German Sniper trying to kill him.

I love Zulu, i know it isnt too accurate beyond the basic premise but it really is just a greatly entertaining film to watch

The Eagle.

>Not my favourite

This films describe the britbongs, celts and picts like the savage barbarian they were.

>portrays the northern Britons as literal African tribesmen

WE WUZ CELTS AND SHEIT

Come and see.

That movie is incredible, but also soul crushing.

>tfw rome never came to Ireland

My nation's history is literally entirely "fuck, that could have gone better."