Varg's views on paganism

I watched Varg's paganism playlist on YouTube and have been considering reading his book on the same subject.

But one thing is bothering me, his claims are extremely heterodox compared to what's commonly excepted as common knowledge regarding Norse religion, and as far as I can tell he hasn't sited any sources for his claims.

Is anyone here educated on the subject?

He thinks he's an orc from the lord of the rings.

Neopaganism itself is heretical. Its people grasping at straws trying to make religion out stories.

His views on paganism are restorationism.

A lot of information regarding paganism has been lost due to christian conquest.

He's a complete and utter crank.

He doesn't believe in any of that, he just does that because he thinks it's cool and he's respecting his ancestors who decided to be part of a semitic religion by themselves. In the end he is a ignorant and typical proddie brainwashed germshit fedora who see the middle ages and real christianity/catholicism as bad because lutheric propaganda but snapped and wanted to be edgy.

>Decided

They were actually forced. When someone threatens to kill you unless you convert to christianity, you convert, but they forgot to convert back so their children actually thought their parents were being unironically retarded.

His views should be disregarded, he's just an attention whore. Anyone who takes him seriously, hasn't researched pagan religions and isn't seriously invested in practicing them.

So what should we be looking for? As I doubt you know what you're talking about.

In what way I'd it heretical?

But some guy who dresses up as a goblin and burns down medieval churches, is a real expert?

Homicidal nutcase.

It's not, he's just LARPing.

He's read the Eddas but he's legitimately a whack job. His wife is even worse with her "Berserkers were actually Feminist Bear Cultists on their periods" dribble.

There's nothing wrong with Asatruar, but Varg is the Asatruar version of "I played EUIV and had to cheat to conquer the world as Byzantium, so I converted to Eastern Orthodoxy as it is compatible with White Nationalism".

Yeah, right. What's the name of that crusade where brown semitics from the south went to that shithole named Scandinavia and forced everyone into christians? Maybe Kristian Virkenes, the French scholar and asatru priest knows about that.

>trying to make religion out stories.

Is that not the same for most religions e.g Christianity?

The most legitimate of these illegitimate religions are the ones where people eschew syncreticism and speculation in favor of research of what the rituals were actually like. In that way, the kids can learn while they LARP.

T. Advocate of Celtic Reconstructionism

Varg is just a Scandinavian autist trying to be edgy. The Nords in Skyrim have more in common with pagan vikings than he does.

This b8 was forged by dwarven smiths in the deep halls of NiĆ°avellir.

Come to think of it, this whole thread is bait.

>The most legitimate of these illegitimate religions are the ones where people eschew syncreticism
I disagree as cases syncretism actually connect modern practices with older, less preserved ones. The people who practice these actually believe.

>his claims are extremely heterodox compared to what's commonly excepted
I know, it's almost like he's not even a scholar, but a heavy metal musician or something.

he's a fucking retard who thinks ancient middle easterners were white europeans