Sataniam

Tell me Veeky Forums,what make someone choose satanism as a religion and mainly,as a way of life?I can't figure out.

I can figure out people become Christians,because of love of God,his benevolence,etc.But what make someone choose The Devil,as a idol?Redpill me Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

azazel.fi/discussion/
ixaxaar.com/fosforosinenglish.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IIRC, some areas of Satanism hold that the opposite is true of God, and that Satan is the figure of love, benevolence, understanding, so on, and so on.

>Satan is the figure of love, benevolence, understanding, so on, and so on

Why they think that?

Seems to be mainly edgy teens who don't actually worship Satan but pretend to in order to look cool. They want to reject God, but ironically, since Satan is God's creation, by worshipping him they're indiriectly worshipping God as well.

As for real Satanists, fuck knows. There's probably some rational reason that doesn't revolve around being edgy but not being one myself I have no idea.

What, exactly, don't you understand.

It's mostly a doctrine of Luciferianism, a relatively recent elaboration. While it's true that the term Lucifer is used ambiguously in Biblical canon we get references to Lumiel in extra-Biblical sources, though he's rare and as far as I can tell only a handful of Luciferians actually explore that.

There could be any number of reasons. Some may hold a doctrine of Qayinite witchblood. Others "king of the earth". Others may genuinely want to make war on God. Others may find Satan a convenient symbol expressing aspiration (CoS).

Just like "Gnostic" it's hard to apply Satanism as a broad term unless we get into details of individual groups given the wild divergence of doctrinal precepts.

LeVeyan Satanism doesn't actually worship or deify Satan/Lucifer, though, or even see him as a real figure.

It's more of a philosophy, that the individual should be proud of himself, enjoy himself, and not be submissive, in contrast to the Abrahamic faiths and their worship of qualities such as self-deprecation ("I am nothing/I am a sinner and can only ever be worth something by the grace of God"), denial, and irrationality.

The image of Satanists worshiping an actual demonic figure is one born during Christian-fueled media panics.

In any case, LeVayan Satanism sounds more reasonable than any Christian sect, especially some like Catholicism, where one sees people partaking ghastly cannibalistic rituals or paying homage to shriveled up mummies; or even Protestantism, with its extreme self-deprecation that engenders self-loathing ("I am filth and only JC can ever make me good again") and frustration when the non-existent deity is unable to deliver.

>The image of Satanists worshiping an actual demonic figure is one born during Christian-fueled media panics.
This may not actually be the case. Recent research suggests that there's a hidden or lost grimoire tradition that appears to revere Satan. The Confession of Urbain Grandier uses a magickal seal a the top of a supposed contract to Satan and his subordinates that would not be seen again for about a hundred years, popping back up in Grimorium Verum. Pick related, seal at the top of the page appears as the sigil of the demon Silcharde in Verum.

Love of self. That's the easiest question I've gotten in months bruh.

Ah yes, TCOS. What started off as a college joke at Berkeley University that eventually snowballed into a full fledged cult.

A great case study for anyone interested in studying the sociological theories of religion.

Well, I think it's more likely a joke via Solar Lodge but that's a different story.

Anyone interested in the development of the Church of Satan should read Lt. Col. Michael Aquino's document on the history of it.

You've got to be fucking kidding me if you think the Loudon case involved any real demons. It was nothing but a smear campaign, especially considering Grandier had been a vocal critic of Cardinal Richeliu, and who had also made a number of enemies in the ecclesiastical circles by writing against clerical celibacy. The whole thing was politically-motivated, and the document you present as "proof" of the ridiculous idea of demonic existence is a fucking forgery.

>The Confession of Urbain Grandier uses a magickal seal a the top of a supposed contract to Satan and his subordinates that would not be seen again for about a hundred years, popping back up in Grimorium Verum

Didn't it occur to you that someone used Grandier's confession and copied the symbol?

Where did the sigil come from, and how did it wind up in a grimoire of demonic evokation.

The supposition is not that red dudes with pitchforks and tails are at work here, but rather that there's a historical tradition of Satanism extending back before the most recent Satanic Panic.

The case of Silcharde's sigil is a really good one for a chain of transmission that was much more open to Satanic interaction than muted systems like Lemegeton which simply render the entities as 'spirits' rather than demons.

Either:
1) That sigil represents knowledge that existed previous to the preservation of Grimorium Verum.
2) The author of Verum had intimate access to Grandier's "confession".

>Lt. Col. Michael Aquino

Yes, all faggots and child molesters should be revered.

Isn't it really as simple as Christendom = Selflessness
Satanism = Selfishness

Christ teaches nothing but devotion and doing well into the world with no concern for oneself
Satanism us all about freedom from the shackles of God's commandments and indulging oneself.

Yeah, it did. See:
>2) The author of Verum had intimate access to Grandier's "confession".
This opens up a number of implications. Did the author just reference it and go? Did the author have access to materials in parallel to Grandier's "confession"? Where does the name "Silcharde" come from? How was it used between the date of Grandier's confession and the time of Verum's circulation?

This shit's all infinitely more interesting, and in line with current avenues of academic exploration, than the standard slogan of "lol satanism didn't exist before howard levey".

Something deeply interesting in the development of the occult is going on. We KNOW there are now-lost sections of the grimoire tradition. Some grimoires edge around full blown Satanism. There are snippets indicating chains of transmission.

It ain't my fault this is one of the new points of exploration in the academic and practical grimoire communities.

>no evidence of any wrongdoing at Presidio
I'd recommend reading his document on the "scandal" published in Scroll of Set.

That's incredibly reductive to multiple strains of Satanic thought, particularly Luciferianism.

>I'd recommend reading his document on the "scandal" published in Scroll of Set.

Some other poster () just said it was possible that the person who wrote your Grimoire or whatever looked at Urban Grandier's confession and took the sign from there. After all, anyone writing a Grimoire would have probably been versed in cases of "demonic possession", and copying a sigil from the confession would have served to make the Grimoire look/feel more "authentic".

>2) The author of Verum had intimate access to Grandier's "confession"

Why does this sound so far-fetched to you? The Loudon case is pretty well-known, and various books concerning it were written.

Yazidis revere a figure who kind of resembled satan but they claim he is no relation.

According to Islam, god created the angels and later created man. When god created Adam he asked the angels to bow down to him. They all did, except Iblis (some say he was a Jinn, not an angel. He was made from fire) who said he would only bow to god, he was better than man because he was made from fire and man was made from clay. This showed his extreme pride and rebelliousness and he is regarded as evil.

In Yazidism god created the angels, then man, then ask them to bow. They all do except for Tawuse Melek, who refuses saying he will only bow to god. God reveals that it was a test, Tawuse Melek passed by demonstrating his piety and devotion to monotheism and is considered chief among angels as a result.

That's my very basic understanding.

>Why does this sound so far-fetched to you?
It...doesn't? Why else would I be wondering about the specifics?

The only thing I'm trying to convey is a possible link between either the Grandier document and older but lost sources (would not a person framing someone for witchcraft also have the same expertise as the author of Verum? Perhaps THEY not GRANDIER had access to those hypothetical materials) or between the Grandier document and Verum, which still raises interesting questions as to how, why, when, where, and who. This shit doesn't develop in a vacuum; no mystical system does.

Mel*k Ta*s is not Shaitan, it's just parallel to, and probably much older than, the Qu'ranic story. I've seen lots of speculation that they may be a holdover of more ancient Pagan cults that have components of worshiping avian entities.

This is what schizophrenia looks like.

>what did he mean by this?
It's a carefully detailed account of what happened with the Presidio "scandal", much more detailed than you'd find from any conspiracy blogpost decrying Lt. Col. Aquino as the antichrist.

(11/36)

>That's incredibly reductive to multiple strains of Satanic thought, particularly Luciferianism.
Can you explain the main strains of thought?
I know you to actually be a pretty informative tripfag.

Church of Satan relies on symbolism and the psychological model.
Temple of Set worships Egyptian gods of Chaos and Darkness using reconstructed speculation.
O9A and thereby folks like Tempel ov Blood, THEM, and some of Current 218 are transgressive synchretists.
Current 218, and Ford's Luciferianism water down Chumbley.
Chumbley leans heavily on Lumiel for their Luciferian speculations.
Karlsson and Dragon Rouge use a Grimoire based modern speculation.

In short, radical individuation is mostly confined to lineages through Church of Satan and then the O9A cats. Karlsson and 218 posit a form of anti-cosmic gnosis in which everything reduces to entropic void.

Other groups range from transcendental to vaguely shamanic, and between loose co-operation and full blown benevolent promulgation (Chumbley's take, almost a Buddhist concept of 'for the good of all beings').

The same symbols can be utilized in various different ways. Already the CoS psychological model has been mentioned. There are however various philosophies and systems that operate within the same symbolic framework but ascribe unique meanings and interpretations to the nominal symbols.

There is an interesting group under the name of Star of Azazel. They are mostly active in Finland, but have relatively active online forum in English. The discussion is very intellectual, if at times a little snobby. Their philosophy is largely based on the works of Blavatsky.
Check out the forums;
azazel.fi/discussion/

Also, the leading figure of SoA, Johannes Nefastos, has written several books, some of which are translated into English also. The core tenets of their system are outlined in a book called Fosforos, ixaxaar.com/fosforosinenglish.html
Though the book will hardly provide anything profound to someone that is fluent in the occult, it is a beautiful work in it's own way. I was surprised when I first stumbled on this stuff myself - no blood sacrifices, but a lot of emphasis on what could be called "christian values".

>Fosforos
Any relation to Mike Ford and the Order of Phosphorous? All those lines of transmission intersect; Ford claimed O9A for a while and Ixaxaar Press churns out 218 materials which also seem to have a thread of O9A precepts.

Not that I know of; the two systems seem rather incompatible. Of course the word Fosforos (Phosphorous) means Bringer of Light in Greek, so there is that - Lucifer in latin, Fosforos in greek.

I'm just curious as I've not really gone through Ixaxaar's offering aside from confirming how much was lifted from Chumbley among other sources.

Are you sure it's downright plagiarism instead of simply using common sources - both literal and spiritual? I'm under the impression that many Satanic orders work intimately with certain same spirits, so I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with similar doctrines.
Still, SoA is the only Satanic order I've studied more in depth, so I can't really offer more than speculation.

>downright plagiarism instead of simply using common sources
I would say that but I would contend it's significant watering down thereof on Ixaxaar's part.

The fact of the matter is that Chumbley was largely the origin point of the modern Qayinite movement.

>many Satanic orders work intimately with certain same spirits
That may be the case but in order for me to render anything more than a flabby opinion I'd need to peek through the personal records of the folks contributing to the materials.

I'll check 'em out though, I'm always surprised when I see a form of Satanism as robust as the Temple of Set.

Modern satanists are either edgy kids and rock fans or edgy hedonists

>~t. ignored every reply itt

That's what I did

Selflessness often becomes mere buttlicking to the priests and elders, while expecting others to be "selfless" and lick your butt in turn.

Also: Nobody is stopping you from indulging yourself in helping others, feeding the hungry, healing the hurt.

GET THE FUCK OUT, YOU MAJOR COCKSUCKING FAGGOT!!!

there are different kinds of 'satanism' each with its own motivations

in some its all about selfishness, ego, becoming a great beast that gives no fucks and crushes all opposition, in some its about abject suffering, hardship, violence and death, the terrible aspects of reality, the 'adversary', trough it liberation and transcendence, in some its about the promethean aspect, in some its all about magic, in some its a whole theology and cosmology, in some its all of the above in combinations

picrelated is just a meme religion, the late mister stanton was simply pulling off a major troll, one basic way you can tell satanists from ''''satanists'''' is that the former are unrecognisable and unknown to you

LaVeyan Satanism is just sarcastic atheism, and its core tenets are essentially "be nice while triggering religious fundamentalists."

The other version with the witch covens, pacts with the devil, human sacrifice, all that? Is there any actual proof of it occurring because to my knowledge it's mostly been made up either via mass hysteria or for political power, to target specific groups.

selflessness can be a part of satanism too tho

it all depends on who you ask

is a orgy a moment of masturbatory selfish hedonism or is it a orgiastic clusterfuck of flesh, sweat, bodily fluids and excrement, irrational urges and emotions, in which ones everiday self is lost and consciusnes is transformed from state to state and ones own lust, pleasure, pain and disgust, domminance and submission is the offering?

It's an edgy take on Christian counterculture, itself heavily reliant on Christian principles, only overriding a few of them.
Satanism is to Christianity what Metal is to the Hippie culture.