GUYS PLS HELP

GUYS PLS HELP

I'm a barely employed HS English teacher who is currently subbing. Tomorrow I beign teaching HS econ and history. Someone quit abruptly and they need a warm body.

I know almost nothing about the curriculum. I now that the History sections are currently finishing a unit on Progressivism and Econ classes are mid-unit on market structures.

This is all I have to go on. I start at 8am tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aeHlVo__Gmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could anyone share games or somethign that they remember playing in HS econ or HS history? I'm basically just googling shit at the moment.

American?

Watch John Green videos lol

Yes, American History.

I've seen them before and they are a last resort. I can't in good conscience propagate that kind of bias, even if some of the info is accurate.

Don't the goddamn teachers have a lesson plan to give you?

Or the normal teachers just making shit up as they go too?

Progressivism?
just say it was a reaction to the scum of the gilded age.
Obviously go into more detail and be sure to mention the hepburn act, land conservation acts, the bullmoosers and Teddy roosevelt, and you're going to be looking at the turn of the 20th century politics.

teacher is gone mate. There are some things in the classroom. I have not been in the classroom yet. I only know what the principal told me. I was recommended to her because I took over a similar situation, but that was in my content area.

Thank you. The principal said the previous guy left in the middle of a power point on the square deal.

>History sections are currently finishing a unit on Progressivism
Dare I ask what the fuck this has to do with history?

i can tell you at 3:30 tomorrow. I have almost zero information.

So they just assumed that because English is in the humanities along with History you'd have the necessary education to teach it? That's pretty fucked but in keeping with my own public school experience. Administrators in general tend to lump all the humanities together and don't really care about the teacher's background. I learned US history from a Football coach with a degree in health studies.

I think it had more to do with having the mental fortitude and personality to handle the situation. I was very upfront about relative lack of content fluency.

who knows, I might be just temping until they can find someone with the proper background. The previous teacher didn't even say he wasn't coming back.

>HS
>History sections are currently finishing a unit on Progressivism and Econ classes are mid-unit on market structures.
I call bullshit I went to a pretty decent HS you sound yuropooran AF m8.

Fake it till you make it, and give them some real history. I can link you a 13 part series on Vietnam, 1945-1976.

I learned History and Psychology from the same Aspie Jew manlet. Literally anyone who is qualified to teach can teach history to highschoolers. Tell em what happened and why. Dont get overly analytical and you'll be fine

Just do this
youtube.com/watch?v=aeHlVo__Gmk

I don't think they can just talk about whatever they want, doesn't it have to be approved?

Good luck sonny Jim.

yes, back in the day we played history jeopardy

Just teach from the textbook until you get around to read about historical thinking skills (start with Peter Seixas' historical thinking concepts).

What is important is you keep them writing, and use whatever pacing guide the department is providing. Get help from the department chair, ask for the pacing guide, ask to see their lesson plans. It's not hard.

In fact, if your a teacher, you should know all this already, why are you asking Veeky Forums, this is probably the worst place for advice. I know, I'm a High School history teach.

Not him but progressivism as in the reactionism to poor working conditions during the gilded age