How well was "Don't kill the messenger" respected in history?

How well was "Don't kill the messenger" respected in history?
I know of the absolute madmen in the Khwarezmian, but how many more people have been retarded?

yes

no

maybe

I don't know

Can you repeat the question?

Probably not

This is a difficult question to answer because it is so broad but there have been cases of messages getting killed it is usually because of honor or to send a message.

kill yourselves

You're a faggot. Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

You're not the boss of me now.

If a man comes to you as a representative of an unknown entity you spare him to avoid unknowable consequences.

If you know the messengers origin and kill him it is therefore an insult to his factions capacity to strike back.

Cultural aspects stripped away, killing the messenger is difficult to perceive of as anything but a Hobbesian declaration of war on which all of the messengers faction are declared fair game.

If it was common, communications would tend to break down. Unless the message was uncalled for, treasonous, or outright insulting, it was thus presumably fairly rare. You may not want bad news, but you need it.

Some "messengers" were allotted more leeway than others though. As tradition tells it, the court jester, for instance, could get away with nearly everything - usually. Roman playwrights could, usually, get away with saying all sorts of things that no one else good (but Roman emperors sometimes being what they were, well...).

Killing ambassadors is similarly rare, but certainly not unheard of - it is a job that often comes with a hazard pay, of sorts, and a lot of security, for, well, obvious reasons.

Part of the problem is the state hosting the ambassador may not necessarily want war, but some faction within it might, or simply wish to strike a blow or make a protest, and occasionally, the sending state might want an excuse for a war. Thus the ambassador's life is occasionally threatened on multiple fronts.

Though, between friendly nations, it's usually just a desk job with the occasional travel time.

Matthew 6:26
"Look at the birds off the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Why am I suddenly seeing this passage all over Veeky Forums?

h-h-his is better than pol!@!1!!

I dunno, I'm still working on reading holy bible front to back and am not even out off genesis but I've heard this by itself repeatedly since 2009

I fucking hate you. You and your shitposting friends.

Sometimes killing the messenger sends a message.

'birds of the air' refer to satan's flock. satan, who is the 'prince of the power of the air' (Ephesians 2:2) rewards his followers in material life in forfeiture for eternal life with God, whereas the righteous must suffer in the imperfect world so they can be made anew again after the final judgement

K