Why does it feel so good to virtue signal?

Why does it feel so good to virtue signal?

Is it because no matter how secular we try to make our societies, Christian values permeate our psyche no matter what?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

using 'virtue signal' is virtue signaling

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

It produces endorphins in the brain or something. Actually altruism does but libshits can trick their brains into believing that typing liberal slogans and cliches on Twitter amount to saving the world, thus having the same effect.

It digs down into basic self-delusion/self-aggrandizing. People do it regularly because in our minds, we have built a mental framework that preserving our sense of self and enhancing it is somehow a good thing.

You're virtue signaling right now.

It doesn't, it's actually a pain in the ass but you have to do it to keep up your reputation in some circles.

Explaining things isn't virtue signaling. Explanation of thing serves an actual purpose in understanding a subject.

Virtue signaling is "I dont virtue signal cause I'm not a selfish person".

>Virtue signaling is "I dont virtue signal cause I'm not a selfish person".
That was implicit in all of those posts.

"No"

so are you virtue signaling?

it feels good for you, subjectively, because of your lack of philosophical education.

Yes. They're just saying "look how I'm not like these dumb people."

There is no implicit virtue signaling, as defined.

There is implicit virtue shown through action, which is real virtue. Virtue signaling is hot air.

You're reading something that isn't there.

Go back to ribbit.

Sage and report.

>hot air

So pretty much this thread and damn near anyone who accuses others of "virtue signaling" in the first place.

It's funny when critics don't like being criticized.

>I'm not like the other dumb people in this thread who are virtue signaling about virtue signaling!
nice virtue signaling

now you can reply to me:
>"by pointing out my virtue signaling you are actually virtue signaling by implicitly saying you are above virtue signaling"

90% of the time "virtue signalling" is either confirmation bias, something you use to handwave opposition or a deliberate ad hominem you make to avoid the issue.

Until we have mind reading machines, "virtue signalling" will be a cheap buzzword. Unless the person in question can be demonstrated to be insincere beyond all reasonable doubt.

gives you a sense you have gained social acceptance

so it depends where you are?
are pol-users virtue signaling on here?

i think they are
>make an ironic shill thread
>everybody rushes to post the exact same post over and over again
>make obvious leftist strawman
>rush to reply to that first

>pretending you're just a humble thicko like the rest of us
>creating a monster out of random user so you can heroically slay it
nice virtue signalling